Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:48:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Locating a 16X PCIe Riser  (Read 2404 times)
lonsharim (OP)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:58:59 AM

I finally decided to invest in a gpu mining rig. The steep price rise of November meant that I can mine litecoins and still get a decent roi in the coming months. Better late than never right. I picked up 2 Asus R9 280X GPUs and built my first rig. The problem is that running them causes overheating because of their close proximity to each other on the motherboard.

My next step was to pick up a PCIe 16x raiser so that I can give them a little bit of distance. Only I can't seem to find them here locally in Bangalore.

1. Does anyone know any place in Bangalore I can pick them up for.
2. Can anyone help me buy one from a vendor outside of Bangalore and ship it to me.

Its an urgent requirement. Its available to buy from HK or China for very cheap but deliveries typically take 2-3 weeks and that's a lot of time wasted. I have currently disconnected one of the gpus and I am running the other one solo.

Thanks

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Benson Samuel
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1000

Landscaping Bitcoin for India!

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:01:03 AM

I finally decided to invest in a gpu mining rig. The steep price rise of November meant that I can mine litecoins and still get a decent roi in the coming months. Better late than never right. I picked up 2 Asus R9 280X GPUs and built my first rig. The problem is that running them causes overheating because of their close proximity to each other on the motherboard.

My next step was to pick up a PCIe 16x raiser so that I can give them a little bit of distance. Only I can't seem to find them here locally in Bangalore.

2. Can anyone help me buy one from a vendor outside of Bangalore and ship it to me.

Its an urgent requirement. Its available to buy from HK or China for very cheap but deliveries typically take 2-3 weeks and that's a lot of time wasted. I have currently disconnected one of the gpus and I am running the other one solo.

Thanks

You should check with Dishwara, he is not too far from Bangalore.

lonsharim (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:25:53 AM

Thanks

I will send him a PM, thanks Benson
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 05:28:00 AM

Thanks

I will send him a PM, thanks Benson

Also check with computerwarehousepricelist.com on MG Road, they tend to get anything you need.

jinson

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:50:06 AM

Do not mean to hijack the thread, but I too am in the same boat. My 7950s has arrived but I did not anticipate a non availability for riser cables in Chennai. Can anybody help a brother out?
I need 16x PCIe Riser cables, minimum 3 nos. I saw few listings on amazon but they had terrible review. I am looking for quality built cables.
waltz

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:41:36 AM

mark Grin
lonsharim (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:26:22 AM

Do not mean to hijack the thread, but I too am in the same boat. My 7950s has arrived but I did not anticipate a non availability for riser cables in Chennai. Can anybody help a brother out?
I need 16x PCIe Riser cables, minimum 3 nos. I saw few listings on amazon but they had terrible review. I am looking for quality built cables.

No worries, if you find a vendor please let me know and I will do visa versa

I found a listing on OLX, called up the guy in Mumbai but he said he has sold out.
jinson

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:59:32 AM

I also had contacted the Mumbai guy, he said the same, sold out. It is almost ridiculous how a simple thing like this being so elusive.
I contacted the most seasoned comp hardware vendors in Chennai and they act like they have not heard about it before.
Guess I would keep looking.
Benson Samuel
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 02:52:51 AM

I also had contacted the Mumbai guy, he said the same, sold out. It is almost ridiculous how a simple thing like this being so elusive.
I contacted the most seasoned comp hardware vendors in Chennai and they act like they have not heard about it before.
Guess I would keep looking.

Same problem. Came to Mumbai to help get a rig in place and unable to.
client is getting some from Singapore though. I will request him to over order as I see a lot of people with this problem.

aakashkumar

Activity: 157

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:02:07 AM

Free shipping to india but it takes about 15 days to reach us  Grin
http://dx.com/p/pci-e-16x-male-to-female-extension-cable-20cm-127599
coldbreeze16

Activity: 186

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:26:54 PM

Guys take care! DX.com doesn't have powered risers. If you're using more than 3 cards on a MoBo and it's not the specialized mining MoBo from ASRock then you WILL need the powered risers or you risk frying your MoBo. I just had escrow.ms order 2 unpowered and 2 powered risers for me from ebay. Since I'm assembling my rig late in December, that's not a problem. Also you can convert unpowered ones into powered by using this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76121.0

Procuring those male and female ends on the riser in smaller quantities is a problem otherwise me or anyone competent enough to solder and wrap electrical tape could actually make those goddamn risers for as little as 80-90 Rs.
lonsharim (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:16:34 PM

Guys take care! DX.com doesn't have powered risers. If you're using more than 3 cards on a MoBo and it's not the specialized mining MoBo from ASRock then you WILL need the powered risers or you risk frying your MoBo. I just had escrow.ms order 2 unpowered and 2 powered risers for me from ebay. Since I'm assembling my rig late in December, that's not a problem. Also you can convert unpowered ones into powered by using this https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76121.0

Procuring those male and female ends on the riser in smaller quantities is a problem otherwise me or anyone competent enough to solder and wrap electrical tape could actually make those goddamn risers for as little as 80-90 Rs.

They have been a pain in the backside to procure. Currently I have borrowed a 1x riser from my friend and in the meantime I have ordered a couple of 12 inch 16x riser from http://www.microsatacables.com/ I am running only 2 gpus and these are unpowered.
thenoblebot

Activity: 364
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:42:23 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 07:11:40 PM by thenoblebot

Anybody having riser cables ? need it on an urgent basis ... pm me please
coldbreeze16

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:41:20 PM

I've now mailed to most Indian online IT shops about the Bitcoin revolution coming to India and the new stuff that will be in demand, most importantly these 16x-16x Risers and 1x-16x risers. I'm certain most will ignore me though  Roll Eyes

Anywho, I'm sitting on an extra HD 7950. Decided to plug it in directly to the mobo beneath my 7950 vapor-x....Even after crazy undervolting and underclocking (0.95 V/850 core/1100 mem) the temps went upto 82 C. Not that 82 C is bad but for all that fuss I got just 200 KH extra compared to just the vapor x alone overclocked. So I'm eagerly waiting for those risers too.

And if you're concerned about quality, these are the very best http://cryptocables.com/
But they're triple the price of what's available on amazon/ebay.
escrow.ms
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:43:00 PM

I think I should buy them in bulk Cheesy
coldbreeze16

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:46:16 PM

Get lots of those cheap Chinese stuff and a few quality American/European stuff.  Grin We Indians love cheap stuff, but a few might be picky.
RATM69

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:57:09 PM

I've ordered PCI-E cables off of EBAY and Amazon both. 2 out of the 12 I ordered worked.
Then I found this company and decided to give them a try. Ordered on 2 seperate occations
and the cables worked both times I ordered and all cables worked.

http://www.9mart.com/products/PCI%252dE-PCI%252dExpress-16x-Riser-Card-Extender-Cable-1U-2U.html
ak111in

Activity: 180
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 10:42:08 AM

Hi,

If anyone needs PCIE 16X riser cables can buy from ebay, only 3 pieces available so hurry:

http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=191010113624#ht_755wt_1271

Regards
P1tBull

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:22:09 PM

I recently got 16x and 1x riser powered riser cables from Ebaycom. Look for sellers from Hong Kong. Easily available and got them in 2 weeks. Putting an order in for more which hopefully should arrive by mid Jan sometime.
ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:49:26 PM

Looking for powered x1 to x16 risers, please PM

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: