Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 09:45:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Alternatives to CampBX.com; Need US friendly bitcoin exchange  (Read 1375 times)
wc4482 (OP)

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:00:25 AM

I really like the interface of CampBX. Very powerful, yet simple. Problem is server up times and customer service. They have been mostly down all day today... and this is their best attempt at Customer Service: https://www.facebook.com/CampBX/posts/694292767249844

Bitcoin Wisdom (http://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/campbx/btcusd) shows only two trades went through between now and 5:50pm EST. That's extremely unacceptable. Can't even log on to pull BTC out of the service.

CampBX needs a lot more infrastructure: in both equipment and human resources. Hopefully one day they will get it sorted out.

Anyone know US friendly pure exchanges like this one?
village.idiot

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:16:30 PM

I am also interested in a good exchange for bitcoin & USD.
Wish I could move USD from Gox.  Miss those days.
Bitfloor was good.  Twice.  Except for trying to get your money out after he closed the shop.
CampBX seems good until something goes wrong.  Then it's difficult to get support and it's automatically your fault!
Someone please point us to a better solution.
wc4482 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:32:57 PM

I wouldn't call them good solutions, because of lack of volume, but coinmkt.com is based in the US. I may try to use Ripple to deposit and withdraw with Bitstamp.net, but I'm not quite sure how great an idea that is yet.

There's also a Canadian exchange vaultofsatoshi.com. I think that is also suffering from low volume.

I did notice that campbx was extremely low volume yesterday (picking up today), probably due to the problems from Monday.
village.idiot

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:36:26 PM

I wouldn't call them good solutions, because of lack of volume, but coinmkt.com is based in the US. I may try to use Ripple to deposit and withdraw with Bitstamp.net, but I'm not quite sure how great an idea that is yet.

There's also a Canadian exchange vaultofsatoshi.com. I think that is also suffering from low volume.

I did notice that campbx was extremely low volume yesterday (picking up today), probably due to the problems from Monday.
Yeah, It's kind of hard to trade on a site when you can't log in.  Grin

Thanks for the leads
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:19:05 AM

It would be nice if they would enable the stop loss orders and margin trading as well. It's been there waiting for ever.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
ajw7989
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:44:14 AM

Caution with coinmkt.com there are some pretty bad reviews about that site when it comes to trying to withdraw funds whether USD or btc
village.idiot

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:26:11 PM

Caution with coinmkt.com there are some pretty bad reviews about that site when it comes to trying to withdraw funds whether USD or btc
Okay, that one's off my list.

Thanks
wc4482 (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:00:13 PM

Yeah, It's kind of hard to trade on a site when you can't log in.  Grin

Thanks for the leads

Anytime! Meanwhile, CampBX's uptime has been much improved since Monday. I've been trading at various times during the day and haven't had any problems. Although they haven't been able to verify me still :/

Let me know if you try another exchange and what your experience is like!
glite

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:42:16 PM

My coins came up missing over a week ago, I would not recommend them at this point.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: