Question: Most important quality of a mining hardware provider
Responsive Customer Service
Quality Hardware
Lowest possible cost
Quick Delivery
All of the above

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please tell me Avalon is legit  (Read 1780 times)
slu2 (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

10% discount code @ clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 06:09:14 AM

I saw on http://avalon-asics.com/ that there was one more 4 module unit in stock, and I bought it.
The order was placed on November 30th 2013.  But my order still says "pending", and I have not heard back from Avalon's support since I wrote them 3 days ago.   The order was paid in full immediately, so it should said "processing" potentiall?

1.  Is this order legit?
2.  Is there a better way to contact Avalon other than email?
3.  When can I expect my delivery?
4.  Are there any official Avalon reps here to advise me?

Multi-plex in Idaho for coin
10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:13:19 AM

There is every indication that Avalon has been "legit" with their most recent sales.  But if you're not familiar with their HORRID history, you may want to do some more research.
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 06:18:05 AM

I have actually owned a 4 module unit that I got off Bitmit before Bitmit closed.  I sold it recently on ebay, and had "sellers regret".
But I have read a lot about the delays from Avalon, and the refunds.  They seem legit.  But how the hell does a person communicate with them?  It's hard to trust them when it seems like my order is being ignored, and there is no way to directly reach them.

I know that BitSyncom represents Avalon, and I have visited the forums from BitSyncom, but they are down now, and the website no longer has any data on it, just some artzy screensaver.

I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction for contacting them.

10% discount  www.clovisstar.com = BITCOINTALK  ||   TSU.co/clovisstar  ||  Ardeva Token
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:43:42 AM

I have actually owned a 4 module unit that I got off Bitmit before Bitmit closed.  I sold it recently on ebay, and had "sellers regret".
But I have read a lot about the delays from Avalon, and the refunds.  They seem legit.  But how the hell does a person communicate with them?  It's hard to trust them when it seems like my order is being ignored, and there is no way to directly reach them.

I know that BitSyncom represents Avalon, and I have visited the forums from BitSyncom, but they are down now, and the website no longer has any data on it, just some artzy screensaver.

I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction for contacting them.

Well, that's the biggest issue with Avalon (and most other ASIC companies)... communication.  When they have something to sell, they're all of the place, posting constantly.  But after the Bitcoins hit their wallet, they become elusive.  Just be VERY persistent and continue to demand action!

Seriously, WTF is wrong with the companies?!  Even the best (KNC, the Bitfury guys) just disappear for weeks on end and don't respond to anything.  And what's most frustrating, they are often seen on the boards, obviously reading posts.  And then they fade back into the ether without responding to the simplest request.  Frustrating, to say the least!
sunblaster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:57:08 AM

So True, when you're making millions I guess it's hard to find time to hire a customer support rep for $20 per hour Huh Roll Eyes
mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:00:52 AM

They are probably having a Chinese New Year and will ship in a few days. Smiley

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:05:37 AM

Speaking of that, I even called their rep "Chen" in Hong Kong, and his spouse or someone answered his phone, and said that he was not available. 

Im seriously tempted to start visiting Hong Kong in the near future, to start setting up some personal contacts.  I want to have someone answer the farking phone when I call.  So it may help if they know me.

Im not a big player, but my finances are changing, and I intend to get in to hardware development this year.  I just need to find a reputable company to work with.

mufa23
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

I'd fight Gandhi.

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:10:51 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. It says on their website that it takes 2-3 days to ship. Maybe your order stays "pending" until it ships. You also ordered on the weekend. It could be 2-3 (business) days. Which you might have to wait until Wednesday. And they're in the process of fixing their ticket system.

(I am paraphrasing. Visited the website 20min ago, and I'm quoting from memory)

EDIT: Did you order one of their old 60GH/s units?

Positive rep with: pekv2, AzN1337c0d3r, Vince Torres, underworld07, Chimsley, omegaaf, Bogart, Gleason, SuperTramp, John K. and guitarplinker
zulover

Activity: 583
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:14:38 AM

i had one last week it is business days and they should deliver. but communication as bad at best.
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:18:38 AM

I wouldn't worry about it. It says on their website that it takes 2-3 days to ship. Maybe your order stays "pending" until it ships. You also ordered on the weekend. It could be 2-3 (business) days. Which you might have to wait until Wednesday. And they're in the process of fixing their ticket system.

(I am paraphrasing. Visited the website 20min ago, and I'm quoting from memory)

EDIT: Did you order one of their old 60GH/s units?

That may be.  I hope that all is well.  One of my biggest problems with their ordering system is that the status of the order doesn't change when the item is paid for.   And when I go back to hit "pay" again, to see if it shows that my payment has been received, there is no indication that anything has been paid, and there is a new wallet address to be paid to.   I don't get why the wallet address would change, it would seem that the wallet address, should be static and the original address should stay with my order.

But I sent their support an email with a screen shot of the original wallet ID, and a link and screen shot of the blockchain showing that the BTC was sent immediately and fully confirmed.  

I just wish they would send an email saying  "payment received" or something on their website would indicate things are moving forward.  
Even many of the most crude ecommerce software have the ability to change the status of the order once the payment has been received.
And since they are using WooCommerce, I know that cart changes status when the payment has been received.  

Maybe Im just anxious, and this is all worry for nothing.  But I wanted to document that I did order, and I did pay, and I do have proof, incase this turns into a 2 week - 4 month event.  

Thanks for your comments!

BTW- I ordered a 4 module unit

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 07:20:59 AM

i had one last week it is business days and they should deliver. but communication as bad at best.

Sweet, so you did get your order?!

If I knew for sure I would be getting my order, I would buy 2 more of these right now.

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:20:24 AM

FYI, I ordered a single module from them, it shipped within a day of ordering. That was around 3 weeks ago. It took 1 week  to get to me by China EMS.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 08:36:20 AM

FYI, I ordered a single module from them, it shipped within a day of ordering. That was around 3 weeks ago. It took 1 week  to get to me by China EMS.

Thanks for that!   Did your order ever change on the account page, from "pending" to "paid" or to "shipped"?

What there any indication ahead of time that your order was being processed?

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:43:31 AM

Speaking of that, I even called their rep "Chen" in Hong Kong, and his spouse or someone answered his phone, and said that he was not available.  

Im seriously tempted to start visiting Hong Kong in the near future, to start setting up some personal contacts.  I want to have someone answer the farking phone when I call.  So it may help if they know me.

Im not a big player, but my finances are changing, and I intend to get in to hardware development this year.  I just need to find a reputable company to work with.

Hi slu2,

I'm very active in the cryptocurrency miner acquisition biz and I deal with manufacturers from the US, Asia, and Europe. I have Hong Kong contacts from a reputable company that has successfully shipped mining hardware: Black Arrow. They're developing their own ASIC called the Minion and my business partner and primary vetted miner host: bobsag3 from Miner Hosting LLC (who is also their official US reseller) is visiting them in Hong Kong in a few days.

My miner's cooperative has an Exclusive Group Buy of their x-3 Prosperos and we helped Black Arrow test their Prospero design and assembly process in a Bullet Run using Bitfury chips last month.

Please send me a PM with details about how you'd like to get into hardware development if you're serious, as I've found Black Arrow to essentially be the anti-Avalon IMHO [Avalon and BFL are permabanned from our miners co-op because of their past treatment of fellow miners]. I can't promise you anything, of course, but I'm always willing to help others and may be able to get you an intro to the owner of Black Arrow, if you're interested.

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 09:37:30 AM

I am looking in to your group now, thanks for the heads up!  I'll be in touch!

BTW-  I am not a huge investor.  But I got in a serious car accident 7 months ago, and I have a substantial settlement coming which will be invested in cryptos.   I am still a few months out on the final settlement though. 

slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 01:20:02 AM

Got an email from some unknown person about my rig order;  sales.service.1@canaan-creative.com

Wrote me and said:

Hi Slu2

Can you tell me your order number and your bitcoin transaction information.

There maybe some mistake.

Thanks

Haha, I posted enough information that if this person was really from avalon, he wouldn't have replied to me via my Bitcointalk account. 
Seems a little suspicious. 

Avalon, you know my contact information, give me a call on my private number if you actually work for Avalon, or reply to my support ticket.   NO, my address has not changed.  NO nothing else has changed.  If someone writes you asking you to change anything, they are not legit.

goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:41:08 AM

Thanks for that!   Did your order ever change on the account page, from "pending" to "paid" or to "shipped"?

What there any indication ahead of time that your order was being processed?
I received an SMS as well as an e-mail within 24hrs. Thanks, HTH

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 02:17:04 AM

I received an SMS as well as an e-mail within 24hrs. Thanks, HTH

I didn't get either.  Starting to worry.  Thanks for that info!

DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:29:31 AM

I am looking in to your group now, thanks for the heads up!  I'll be in touch!

BTW-  I am not a huge investor.  But I got in a serious car accident 7 months ago, and I have a substantial settlement coming which will be invested in cryptos.   I am still a few months out on the final settlement though. 

I'm sorry to hear about your car accident and permanent injury. Please send me a PM if/when I can be of assistance with this.

Regards,
DZ
slu2 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 09:13:15 AM

I will be in contact.  I like the RoboATM concept too. 

I don't have any idea what my settlement will be.  But I know I'll have at least $50k  from my insurance, and then from the other guy I may get some thing between 6 figures and 7 figures.   It should be pretty substantial.  They had to rebuild my leg with titanium, and I have a bunch of other injuries. 

If Avalon craps out on me, they just lost a sale worth several hundred thousand, I guarantee! 

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: