Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 09:47:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the safest way to hodl tokens?  (Read 382 times)
macryptosh (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:12:52 AM

Hi Everyone.

I need advice about hodl tokens. I bought some tokens from different ICO projects. And I received tokens in MyEtherWallet. Those tokens are based on Etherium(ERC20)

Here is a question. Where is the safest place, or the safest way to hodl those tokens? Since DNS server for Myetherwallet has been hacked, I don't feel it is safe anymore.

Any advice?

Thanks.
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1145

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 11:16:49 AM

Try using hardware wallet such as trezor or ledger wallet. It is safe in hacking because you hold the device that hold your wallets and tokens. Investing a small amount of penny on a hardware wallet is worth it , mark my words Cheesy

Ive been using my ledger wallet in almost a year and I dont encounter any problems with it.

█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK    
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
Kiefner

Activity: 921
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:18:55 AM

I still believe MEW is one of the safest wallets. Just keep in mind how many users use it. Or buy a hardware wallet, it is best probably TREZOR.

●   TOP EXCHANGE IEO   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 11:29:23 AM

Try using hardware wallet such as trezor or ledger wallet.

This answer, just use the hard wallet in combination with MEW and you'll be fine. They're not the only wallets out there, but probably the most well known (trusted). Ledger will set you back about 80 Euros, and the Trezor (base model) about 10 Euros more. Both are very straightforward to use and well worth the initial layout for the security and peace of mind they provide. Both support a large number of altcoins, just check the websites for details.

https://shop.trezor.io/

https://www.ledgerwallet.com/products/ledger-nano-s

KeepKey and CoolWallet are another couple you can check out if you want to make some comparisons.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 3010
Merit: 600

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:33:00 AM

I'll add to confirmation and suggestion of the rest.

Go for hardware wallet and that's with Ledger Nano S.
Gridness
Copper Member

Activity: 358
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:47:50 AM

I still keep my tokens in mew, for security we only can protect it, for example do not just click on a strange link
hashie

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:51:23 AM

Personally, I think it's cold storage. I use Tresor's purse, which I keep in the safe. So no one can steal coins. Online wallets are often attacked, so I do not advise anyone to keep it there.

macryptosh (OP)

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:52:15 AM

Try using hardware wallet such as trezor or ledger wallet. It is safe in hacking because you hold the device that hold your wallets and tokens. Investing a small amount of penny on a hardware wallet is worth it , mark my words Cheesy

Ive been using my ledger wallet in almost a year and I dont encounter any problems with it.

Thank you for information. Actually I use Ledger nano S for XRP and Bitcoin.
But I don't know how to use the ledger nano for tokens.
Do you know any good web or blog to explain how, so that I can try that?

Thanks
jakaKak

Activity: 164

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 11:53:37 AM

Hi Everyone.

I need advice about hodl tokens. I bought some tokens from different ICO projects. And I received tokens in MyEtherWallet. Those tokens are based on Etherium(ERC20)

Here is a question. Where is the safest place, or the safest way to hodl those tokens? Since DNS server for Myetherwallet has been hacked, I don't feel it is safe anymore.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Definitely hardware wallet like Ledger or Trezor. Once you will have a bigger amount of tokens in your wallet, you should buy yourself one of those without a doubt. You will sleep better knowing your coins are safe.

rahul7timt
Copper Member

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:12:39 PM

safest way to hodl tokens is  to use ledger wallet and trazor wallet. keep your tokens in ledger wallet or trazor wallet.
 take care that hardware wallet should be original.

i find that mew is not safe since some of my friends lost their funds in mew so i never prefer to keep funds in mew.
also there is no 2fa in mew & private key can be hacked so it is better to use treasure wallet always.
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 579

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:27:12 PM

you never actually store coins or tokens or anything like that unless you are talking about some weird altcoin which you obviously are not. what you are storing are the keys (private keys to be exact) so the safest way to store them is to use cold storage.

you go offline and create a new wallet (more precisely a new key) and store that offline like printing on a paper. and then send coins/tokens to that public key. whenever you want to spend you just go to that offline place and make your transaction and only broadcast it online.

and as others said you can always pay money to buy a wallet (hardware wallet)!

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
yerger

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:31:53 PM

For token, MyEtherWallet is the best place to keep your coin or token. If you want more additional security you can buy Hardware Wallet or make Paper Wallet.
fileo

Activity: 658

Rangers Protocol

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:35:48 PM

I would like to share with you that I'm from distress before cause I've phished. I don't noticed the difference of legit site and counterfeit site. First you should be more careful, notice every link you visit everytime you want to enter your private key. You are responsible for your own security.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
LSt56

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:43:32 PM

it all depends on which steps you will take, holding it in the short or long term. and if it's in the long run try to keep it in the hardware wallet but if you plan to keep it in the short term I think you can keep it in exchange.

Eraldo Coil

Activity: 448

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:46:27 PM

Hi Everyone.

Any advice?

Thanks.

If you're going to have a MyEtherWallet, please use MetaMask or ledger to secure your wallet. Even though you use another type of ERC20 supported wallet, it is still possible that you can get hacked because you don't have this security measures. Any wallet is vulnerable.

hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 12:49:26 PM

When i get ico tokens in my eth wallet, i give them to my blockchain wallet. Because blockchain wallet is safer than eth wallet.
sinduarianto

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:45:44 PM

for my own I usually store the tokens that I can in Myetherwallet because it is safe enough to then hold long enough about 4 monthly because if we directly sell it then we will get little advantage because token far from ico price.
Suggest

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:58:45 PM

Hi Everyone.

Any advice?

Thanks.

is it true that MEW DNS has been hacked? . I think MEW has been safe. if my suggestion moved to offline wallet only.
emberbekas
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:08:25 PM

Hi Everyone.

Any advice?

Thanks.

I do believe that people behind MEW already fixed those problem and they will continue to update the system to bring us the best security options. Holding your tokens on MEW will remain safe but you can use other wallet like metamask if you are still worried with the previous issues.

hidden jutsu

Activity: 467

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:20:19 PM

Hi Everyone.

Any advice?

Thanks.
myetherewallet is a safe place to hold your token, the hacking issue last time has been resolved already, but if you still doubt about the security of mew, you can use metamask, or maybe you could buy hardware wallet like trezor or ledger nano.

╓                                        SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║     〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙     ║
╙           ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹           ╜
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: