Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:38:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: new box for me  (Read 677 times)
flexgroo (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:11:05 AM

Hello everyone...  Just a few questions, been reading around the internet looking to start mining, and found Xtreme miners boxs for sale, they seem nice, but then some threads here say its a scam... im new to trying to mine.  I was looking at the 2.5 TH/s for 5800 dollars, now i wrote the people there an email and asked about the return on bitcoins when mining, and he said its possible to get 2 coins a day? that seams like a lot for only spending that amount of money...

Any help would be nice, and if you would please point me to a better place to buy, if you know of, and if you do, please tell me how much you can mine per day, or month....

i would like to keep the price down around 5k dollars, and would like it to be very user friendly, for i deploy overseas to Afghanistan for 3 months at a time, and home for a month, so would like to have it run 3 months nonstop, and if anything bad does happen, power outage or whatnot, the wife can hit a power on button, to restart the mining process

thanks in advance for any help

Mike
grux

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:17:08 AM

The claim of 2 coins per day checks out with this calculator:
http://www.alloscomp.com/bitcoin/calculator
The question is, how much electricity is it going to use (probably small) and when will it arrive. If it's going to pull a BFL and arrive a few months later, you've already lost.
burnum

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:21:09 AM

You might like to see use the search bar and look around for guides about how to start a gpu farm, and read this before you buy anything http://www.pcworld.com/article/2068102/sneaky-software-turns-your-pc-into-a-bitcoin-mining-zombie-and-owns-up-to-it-in-the-eula.html

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
tenty

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:27:25 AM

Two General Suggestions:
1. Beware of all kinds of pre-order, you never know when you will get the hardware.
2. If you find a "too good to be true" deal, please be very careful.

he said its possible to get 2 coins a day?

If he has an equipment now (not a few months later), and is able to generate 2 bitcoin (about 2000 USD atm) a day, why would he sell it for 5800 USD?
flexgroo (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:48:38 AM

yeah the 2.5 preorder is sold out for jan, but can get in for one in feb, the 5 th/s ones are delieved in jan but they cost 10k dollars

Details :

2,5 TH/s
28nm ASIC technology
Silent Cooling
In-built WiFi Connection (without Antenna)
Less than 750 watt (0.3 per GH)
1 Year Guarantee

$ 5.800

i wrote another email, asking if i can get in jan order, hope they can.  if anyone has had good look with another miner please let me know
flexgroo (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:57:29 AM

The question is, how much electricity is it going to use (probably small) and when will it arrive. If it's going to pull a BFL and arrive a few months later, you've already lost.

looks like if i had the box right now it shows this, using a 2.5th/s  not sure what everyone is talking about the electricity used at my house though, how much have your electric bills jumped?

This Difficulty
Coins   Dollars
per Day   1.77728523 BTC   $1,798.61
per Week   12.44099659 BTC   $12,590.29
per Month   54.02947091 BTC   $54,677.82
this diff (est)   13.89771222 BTC   $14,064.48
Cgoat

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:09:14 AM

looks like if i had the box right now it shows this, using a 2.5th/s  not sure what everyone is talking about the electricity used at my house though, how much have your electric bills jumped?

This Difficulty
Coins   Dollars

You can get 1.77 BTC a day for like 8 days, if you get the equipment now.
Every around 12-14 days, the difficulty goes up, and your profit goes down.

If you get that equipment 2 months ago (Oct 3), you will get 8.5 BTC a day with difficulty at 148.8M.

So, when you really get your equipment in Feb 2014 (hopefully), you will not get 1.7 BTC a day, but a lot lower.
flexgroo (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:05:05 AM

Thanks again for the help guys, maybe i will look for another miner to get now, and wait for the th one in feb
Mrsobrinho

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:21:50 AM

looks like if i had the box right now it shows this, using a 2.5th/s  not sure what everyone is talking about the electricity used at my house though, how much have your electric bills jumped?

This Difficulty
Coins   Dollars

My friend, before you start, I would recommend you to fully understand the difficulty process, that increases the mining difficulty every "x" days

To help you, I recommend this calculator:

http://bitcoinwisdom.com/bitcoin/calculator

On the start date, write the numbers of days ahead you will start. For example:

Today is Dec, 3rd. If you will start on Feb, 3rd, write 60 (sixty days from now)

The first box is the difficulty increase (it is already set to 30%, it maybe be more or less indeed, but it's a good measure)

You can set the hash rate and the amount you expect to spend. Attention because it is in Ghs. 5Th is 5000 Ghs.

Run many simulations before you buy, add more days then the factory promisses to deliver (because one or two weeks can change totally the scenery)

I am also thinking to buy from xtreme miners, but I am afraid they might not be able to deliver it on time, or worst, to be a scam.

I am not saying they are, but they are starting a new business and as nobody had heard of them before,  doubts arise. Many promisses but not many information about the company and creators.

I might buy it. I will wait some more days to think.

Hope I could you help you.

Best,

Mrsobrinho

niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:44:38 AM

Never pre-order from a company that hasn't shipped anything in the past.
Wait for their second batch or in 90% you'll end up with nothing.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
flexgroo (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:19:29 AM

cool thanks for the link info on the bitcoin mining calculator.... seems if i put in 60 days from today like you sugested, it will take me about 21 to 22 days to start making a profit, thats not bad at all, seeing as i just have to keep it running....

any advice on when to cash in? i see a lot of post of people saying the been hacked and what not, why not just cash in every day or so?

thanks again

also thinking about trying to practice on my laptop, while i sit here in afganistan... to mine some, even .00001 would be fun to find hehe
flexgroo (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 12:21:53 PM

seems there are different types of miners i am finding out more every  hour, that stand alone that i was looking at first, now it seems pci cards? how do they differ?  also anyone have any luck mining from a laptop?
Mrsobrinho

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:34:49 PM

cool thanks for the link info on the bitcoin mining calculator.... seems if i put in 60 days from today like you sugested, it will take me about 21 to 22 days to start making a profit, thats not bad at all, seeing as i just have to keep it running....

any advice on when to cash in? i see a lot of post of people saying the been hacked and what not, why not just cash in every day or so?

thanks again

also thinking about trying to practice on my laptop, while i sit here in afganistan... to mine some, even .00001 would be fun to find hehe

About cashing in, I would cash in at least to pay off the hardware... You can transfer from the pool to your personnal wallet (or one online like coinbase - https://coinbase.com/?r=51fedf58421768e727000028&utm_campaign=user-referral&src=referral-link)

About practicing on laptop... Bitcoin, not a chance!  Grin

But Litecoin, yeah, you can. I recommend CPUMINER if you do not have a GPU.

If you have a GPU. CGMINER if it is AMD ATI, or CUDAMINER if it is NVIDIA.

Best!
highpressure

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:45:43 PM

found this one too...

scam !

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344630.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345612.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347256.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=344630.20

no vat, no contact phone, no fax, google streetview shows office building - checked office building - no company with that name, whois of site shows it exists since 13.nov 2013

keep away !
btc24

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:54:40 PM

Sorry to be banal, but mining is not profitable anymore... You'd better do Ripple Labs WCG (Computing for Good)
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:03:58 PM

Sorry to be banal, but mining is not profitable anymore... You'd better do Ripple Labs WCG (Computing for Good)

Make that for some people and you'll be right.
If it wasn't profitable nobody will be mining right?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄