Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:29:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Here , Am i too late for bitcoin ?  (Read 3011 times)
KleinMatthias

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:05:05 PM

Beware though, if you ever get into trading being able to read the charts and understand how everything works is a must.

And where can a newbie (such as myself) learn that?
If you have to ask that then you shouldn't try it. This is the internet, start with google and work your way out from there. All the information in the world is available for free to anyone who cares to look for it.

Yeah, that is exactly NOT the kind of answer I was hoping for in a Newbie forum. The problem with the internet ist: there is too much information out there. And the best way for a newcomer to not waste time reading worthless "crap" is an experienced user/professional pointing to actually helpful resources. In my experience, that is the best way for a newbie to start, do his homework and due diligence and become less of a newbie over time - until the point comes (in many months or years) where he can give back to the community by helping out other newbies. And that "pointing into the right direction by a pro" was pretty much what I was after with my post. But judging by your comment, that's too much to ask for, sadly.
Scorcher

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:19:26 PM

I am a noob and I may have missed the Bitcoin train but now im looking to alt coins to make returns and then buy into BTC and LTC for holding. Any thoughts?
ApatheticAndrew

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:44:22 PM

I have found this thread pretty useful, not sure how well his method works but it covers a lot of the basics and mentions a few books to help newbie traders.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501.0

hromobiti

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:50:33 PM

I am a noob and I may have missed the Bitcoin train but now im looking to alt coins to make returns and then buy into BTC and LTC for holding. Any thoughts?

I doubt anyone missed Bitcoin train yet, still early stages and Bitcoin have huge opportunities to expand to bigger merchants or better options to buy/sell Bitcoins
tav3rn

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:31:48 PM

Hi guys,

Lurking for ages but first time posting, I think that Bitcoin is still in the early stages, just looking at how it has risen so sharply recently and now stabilizing, I think it will hover around $1000 for a few weeks and then it will start rising again considering a lot of people around the world are starting to recognize the currency.

I would invest now if you can.
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:38:25 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 03:49:12 PM by umaOuma

Lurking for ages but first time posting, I think that Bitcoin is still in the early stages, just looking at how it has risen so sharply recently and now stabilizing, I think it will hover around $1000 for a few weeks and then it will start rising again considering a lot of people around the world are starting to recognize the currency.

I would invest now if you can.

I believe your right, I only regret I waited half year myselves before I realized how Bitcoin can be usefull
Zoou

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:48:31 PM

Yes I agree that is's not too late. I see a great future for bitcoin. It's just a little crowded for mining at the min and unless your looking at above 1TH/s.  In the new year there is some very powerful mining machines getting posted out to the guys with the mega money.

I have recently invested in the build of a mining machine with just x4 7990 cards and am getting very excited about finishing it and mining litecoin. Yes It will only bring in around 1.5 - 2 LTC per day but it will soon all add up and who knows how much the litecoins could be worth this time next year.

My advice would be mine litecoin or as someone else said go for PPC.
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:52:13 PM

I have recently invested in the build of a mining machine with just x4 7990 cards and am getting very excited about finishing it and mining litecoin. Yes It will only bring in around 1.5 - 2 LTC per day but it will soon all add up and who knows how much the litecoins could be worth this time next year.

My advice would be mine litecoin or as someone else said go for PPC.

I doubt about this strategy, GPU mining is not much profitable after you pay electricity bill, or not at all with 0.30 USD/KWh
Scorcher

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:24:11 PM

I have found this thread pretty useful, not sure how well his method works but it covers a lot of the basics and mentions a few books to help newbie traders.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=60501.0

Great stuff, thanks!
damgfx

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:40:23 PM

I remember not to long ago 1 bitcoin was going for around $40 now its at over $1000. I wish i could of invest when the prices were low anyway i think its best if you invest in other coins, unless you are a millionaire and can purchase multiple bitcoins at the current price.
aheilemann

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:21:00 PM

I decided to look into Nxt instead of trying to get on the already departed bitcoin train.
check it out here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619
Miner_2049er

Activity: 32

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:32:07 PM

(first post)

If you like gambling, Bitcoins is a cool gamble.
If you like investing, Bitcoin could go up 1000%, but it can't go down more than 100%.

If that scares you or excites you, jump in or out, but make your decision soon.

-Mark
kelevraxxiii

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:40:21 PM

I am a newbie as well, well sort of, off and on. But if you're just starting out, AVOID mt gox like the plague. it may be higher payouts but for the frustration it's not worth it. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm allowed to withdraw my BTC without needing my account verified, and I wont know until they deny my verification application. Good luck, if you're looking to mine, check out asic-market.com pretty decent deals on some rigs
Miner_2049er

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:43:23 PM

I canceled my Mt Gox application without confirming it. I thought they wanted way too much
personal information.

-Mark
xephireusMMX

Activity: 306
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:48:43 PM

I remember not to long ago 1 bitcoin was going for around $40 now its at over $1000. I wish i could of invest when the prices were low anyway i think its best if you invest in other coins, unless you are a millionaire and can purchase multiple bitcoins at the current price.

Price per coin has nothing to do with amount of money you have. If Bitcoin goes to $2000, some altcoins might double as well while others will fail. If Bitcoin fails, all altcoins fail as well. You see, putting money in altcoins is much higher risk, with no advantages I believe

DIAGON  e S p o r t s       Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAP CN SPN RU   WHITEPAPER  ]   ICO ❱ ❱  Nov. 12 th
facebook    TWITTER    reddit     ────   (   B U Y   )   ────
Miner_2049er

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:52:19 PM

I am a newbie as well, well sort of, off and on. But if you're just starting out, AVOID mt gox like the plague. it may be higher payouts but for the frustration it's not worth it. I'm still trying to figure out if I'm allowed to withdraw my BTC without needing my account verified, and I wont know until they deny my verification application. Good luck, if you're looking to mine, check out asic-market.com pretty decent deals on some rigs

I checked out the link that you posted and the prices are good (too good?) and
the ASICMiner blades that they offer are the older version, not the current version.
There are some advantages to the old version, although in this case, it just looks
like the website is obsolete (or a scam).

Newbies beware!

-Mark
kelevraxxiii

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:56:18 PM

I canceled my Mt Gox application without confirming it. I thought they wanted way too much
personal information.

-Mark

Lucky I just wish I knew after having to wait these 10 days to get denied if I would be allowed to withdraw my coins
kelevraxxiii

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:06:57 PM

I checked out the link that you posted and the prices are good (too good?) and
the ASICMiner blades that they offer are the older version, not the current version.
There are some advantages to the old version, although in this case, it just looks
like the website is obsolete (or a scam).

Newbies beware!

-Mark

I thought the prices were too good as well... $100 for a fury seems like a steal almost, I haven't bought anything from it but it's good to get a second opinion!  Smiley
Beta_Miner

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:41:59 PM

Great Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGf-E8ShrBI

Also see:

http://bitcoindifficulty.com/
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:47:55 PM

only about 0,01% of human population has bitcoins right now.

If bitcoin becomes popular (which it should), you'll still be one of the early investors.

As long as bitcoin has not yet replaced VISA as a payment method, you're not too late to invest in bitcoin and expect a large profit.

Once bitcoin has replaced VISA, you'll probably not make a substantial profit of bitcoin anymore, but you'll still want to buy it because of the utility it brings.

So, unless bitcoin completely crash to $0 it's ALWAYS a good idea to buy, no matter the price.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: