Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:57:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP ME! TRANSACTIONS FAILING?  (Read 670 times)
coinSeeker82 (OP)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:29:05 AM

So I had to receive some btc from cousin like 5 days ago and they are not showing up in my blockchain account why?Huh?
My cousin sent me 5 btc like last week already and they did not arrive to my blockchain whatahell is going on??

Im kinda new to bitcoins transactions, I would like to know how the confirmation of transaction works and will my cousin get btc back? or will I get them? after how much time? pls answers

ps. We were together when she sent me btc and I saw so , dont question if she didnt send cuz she did, actually I even sent them from her account to mine.
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:33:01 AM

Try posting some transaction ID's

What address were the coin's going to?
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:33:33 AM

yeah, a transaction is ID is needed.. maybe you sent it to the wrong address?
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:38:38 AM

no the address is fine
its this

https://blockchain.info/address/c1ccc74cf2f109796ba1b99915d91923dddc2ef3

I read some google, people say u have to pay fees or something to get transaction done? really? like what fees?
Hexadecibel
Human Intranet Liason
VIP

Activity: 571
Merit: 504

I still <3 u Satoshi

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:39:43 AM

give us the transaction ID
beetcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:44:17 AM

no the address is fine
its this

I read some google, people say u have to pay fees or something to get transaction done? really? like what fees?

tell your cousin to look up the transaction ID. if she sent it via blockchain.info, she can look there to see what it is, or if it was a client she can open that up to check.

oh, and by checking your wallet it does not confirm that the wrong or right address was used.
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:45:22 AM

no the address is fine
its this

tell your cousin to look up the transaction ID. if she sent it via blockchain.info, she can look there to see what it is, or if it was a client she can open that up to check.

oh, and by checking your wallet it does not confirm that the wrong or right address was used.

it was from multibit wallet, can u show some examples of transaction ID?
beetcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:53:00 AM

no the address is fine
its this

i'm not familiar with multibit, but you usually just right click on the wallet and check out the transaction ID.. that's how it works with electrum at least.

actually, i just downloaded multibit, and it's probably under the "transactions" tab. with the transaction ID, you can see where the bitcoins actually went. when you pasted your (receiving) wallet, did you double check to make sure the address was correct?

if you have not received it in 6 days, there's a good chance you lost them though.
coinSeeker82 (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:57:25 AM

no the address is fine
its this

i'm not familiar with multibit, but you usually just right click on the wallet and check out the transaction ID.. that's how it works with electrum at least. i just downloaded multibit, and it's probably under the "transactions" tab.

if you have not received it in 6 days, there's a good chance you lost them though.

why lost?? why I didnt receive? what causes such things like to not receive coins? She is at school now ill get in touch with her later ask for the ID.
So this ID what does it say? like?

I dont get 1 thing. People put their btc addresses all over the net asking for donations which are basically like putting address and sending. And in my case we just resent btc to my address so why the hell i could not receive them?? WTF pls some logical explanation
beetcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:02:20 AM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 08:24:58 AM by beetcoin

no the address is fine
its this

i'm not familiar with multibit, but you usually just right click on the wallet and check out the transaction ID.. that's how it works with electrum at least. i just downloaded multibit, and it's probably under the "transactions" tab.

why lost?? why I didnt receive? what causes such things like to not receive coins? She is at school now ill get in touch with her later ask for the ID.

I dont get 1 thing. People put their btc addresses all over the net asking for donations which are basically like putting address and sending. And in my case we just resent btc to my address so why the hell i could not receive them?? WTF pls some logical explanation

like i or anyone else would be able to tell you without the transaction ID.. no one knows apparently, including you. once you get the transaction ID, go to www.blockchain.info and paste it into the search browser.. it will show you where the funds went, what time it was sent, the date, the number of confirmations, and whatever else.
Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:16:57 AM

First off, you are not going to lose anything.

Sending coins means you create a transaction, which then signs the coins over from one address (your sister's) to another (yours). This signing over only happens if the transaction is included in the block chain. If you did not include a fee (some client sadly do not do this by default), the miners who create the block chain, may take longer to include your transaction, because there is only so much space reserved per block to include transactions without a fee. Over time, the priority of your transaction increases and it will be more likely that it will be included.

Worst case that could happen is that the transaction is not included and the network forgets about it. In this case, the coins would still be in your sister's wallet and she would need to resend them to you (this time possibly with the minimum fee of 0.0001 BTC).
beetcoin

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:18:56 AM

First off, you are not going to lose anything.

Sending coins means you create a transaction, which then signs the coins over from one address (your sister's) to another (yours). This signing over only happens if the transaction is included in the block chain. If you did not include a fee (some client sadly do not do this by default), the miners who create the block chain, may take longer to include your transaction, because there is only so much space reserved per block to include transactions without a fee. Over time, the priority of your transaction increases and it will be more likely that it will be included.

Worst case that could happen is that the transaction is not included and the network forgets about it. In this case, the coins would still be in your sister's wallet and she would need to resend them to you (this time possibly with the minimum fee of 0.0001 BTC).

i'm assuming, since the OP isn't very good at handing out info, that his cousin doesn't have the BTC left in the wallet.. which is why he's so concerned. it could be that it wasn't sent out, and is st ill sitting in the wallet.. but i'd figure that he's smart enough to check his cousin's balance.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: