Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:56:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Centralized vs Decentralized Exchanges - Which ones are better?  (Read 678 times)
Colt22

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:42:04 PM

More and more Decentralized Exchanges are popping up, but are they really what they are hyped up to be?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-xA7p9NbdI

I think the concept is great, but at the moment they are really hard to use because of constant downtimes especially on IDEX and EtherDelta. What are your thoughts on this?

decentralized exchanges are a good idea as it is considered as more better by the crypto community but as there is not much trade volume on these exchanges so people are doing their trade much on these centralized exchanges.
Whenever if the crowd on these decentralized exchanges increased and the volume of the trades on these exchanges reached to a favorable value then people will rush to that exchanges and will like to trade there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Superzpay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 09:57:39 PM

More and more Decentralized Exchanges are popping up, but are they really what they are hyped up to be?

I think the concept is great, but at the moment they are really hard to use because of constant downtimes especially on IDEX and EtherDelta. What are your thoughts on this?

decentralized exchanges are a good idea as it is considered as more better by the crypto community but as there is not much trade volume on these exchanges so people are doing their trade much on these centralized exchanges.
Whenever if the crowd on these decentralized exchanges increased and the volume of the trades on these exchanges reached to a favorable value then people will rush to that exchanges and will like to trade there.
Yes all the issue from there is because of the low volume of trade. When the trade volume on these exchanges will increase then  no one will have any problem to do trade on these decentralized exchanges but they will like more these exchanges.
Many people are saying about different problems from these decentralized exchanges but in actual there is no any issue on these exchanges but only a crowd is required if the crowd will come then no one will claim for any issue.
cryptobluemoon

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:47:05 PM

coinbase is centralized exchange and binance is decentralized exchange but bitcoin and blockchain is governed by a decentralized exchange then there wont be central authority in holding the assets
mboileau

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 07:01:13 AM

The decentralized and centralized systems are only differentiated by one factor and that is the factor of the distribution of information when talking about the centralized platform's information is retained by a singular source whereas distributed when you talk about decentralized
crazy_elky

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:23:32 AM

coinbase is centralized exchange and binance is decentralized exchange but bitcoin and blockchain is governed by a decentralized exchange then there wont be central authority in holding the assets

why do you say binance is decentralized? it's totally centralized as the most of other exchanges now. decentralized exchange is etherdelta for example
Pursuer
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1163

Where is my ring of blades...

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:51:18 AM

Yes all the issue from there is because of the low volume of trade. When the trade volume on these exchanges will increase then  no one will have any problem to do trade on these decentralized exchanges but they will like more these exchanges.
Many people are saying about different problems from these decentralized exchanges but in actual there is no any issue on these exchanges but only a crowd is required if the crowd will come then no one will claim for any issue.

it is not all the issues. the low volume is certainly one of the biggest ones but there are other issues that is preventing people from using decentralized exchanges. one of the biggest one in my opinion is the fact that they are not as user friendly as the centralized exchanges, they are not as fast and easy to use and not all coins can be found on these platforms sometimes.
we still have a lot of improvements to make before we can start using them for good.

Only Bitcoin
Davido1174

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 04:25:04 PM

Centralized exchanges are good exchanges in my opinion. They have bigger volume and a lot of tokens are listed on centralized exchanges like binance but decentralized exchanges are the future as its more convenient to use in my opinion, no kycs, no login passwords. These are the reasons why I like decentralized exchanges more than the centralized ones
hurriebra49

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:04:56 PM

The centralized exchange are those which are controlled by the central banks and the decentralized exchanges re usually base in the blockchain network and are used in the cryptocurrency environment where there is n supreme authority
DreamProphecy

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:08:55 PM

DEXes are better if they are good programmed, in other situation both aren't too good solution
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:14:25 PM

For security, safety Centralized exchanges are better than decentralized. But the decentralized exchange has anonymity opportunity and you can trade any coin without listing! Decentralized exchanges are profitable for traders than centralized. I regular using Forkdelta and Etherdelta exchanges and I am very happy with my profits. Here most of the coin has a low price!

So, both are very important for the crypto world. Personally I will choose decentralized exchanges.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
richcorner100

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

https://exip.live/

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:45:45 AM

I prefer to use centralized exchange like Binance and others because has very cheap trading fee compare decentralized exchange like Idex. Also centralized exchanges listed more potential coins with high trading volume. Centralized exchange also has many feature like stop limit order for stop loss and more product like  trading competition and give away.

EXIP PROJECT
A Decentralized Domain & Top-level domain service where your domain and TLD identified by a NFT
────────  Whitepaper ⬝  Twitter ⬝  Telegram⬝   Facebook ⬝  Medium    ─────── 
farosa

Activity: 506
Merit: 101

1 & 0 😏

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:04:30 AM

Decentralized exchanges are more beneficial for crypto traders. We know that crypto currencies can be used without the need for a middle man. But in centralized exchanges they can even use our money like they want. Already the middle man is forgotten. In my opinion we have to give superiority to decentralized exchanges.
Blackpanther399

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:05:24 AM

In the meantime, centralized exchanges are very good to trade with and it does not lag but I believe the future is in decentralized exchanges. Decentralized exchanges does not require you to do kyc. You just insert your private keys or use metamask as well to use it
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:17:02 PM

I really like the idea/concept behind decentralized exchanges but the fact that they are not so efficient still keeps me away from it. There are still some issues like less volume, no support, less liquidity, availability etc... which a decentralized exchange should think of before being launched. So centralized exchanges are better until the issues of decentralized exchanges are rectified.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
trecore4

Activity: 658
Merit: 260

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 04:39:16 PM

Always choosing the centralised one because they are very much reliable and can give us big protection against the hacks and frauds. The decentralised exchangers are just too public and anyone can any coins over there to scam us and we will never know our money got stolen in the form of crypto coins. Mostly they are scamming new ICO's also which are not tolerating this as the ICO money gets carried away due to pump and dump activities that are live on the decentralised exchanger. Centralised one also has more coin volume and thus better for the trades.  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
newinbtc
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 05:11:15 PM

I like concept of Decentralized Exchanges as they do not require  intermediaries for their operation.They are not working on the basis of buy or sell orders instead this exchange match  the people behind those buy and sell orders. Example I want to buy 0.5 btc from exchange , exchange will find 0.5 btc deal inform seller and deal done. In this way different people different selling price of bitcoins. Competition rises and we got benefit from sellers of bitcoins. the drawback is in these exchange day time trading volume is very less as compare to other type of exchange.
rayk

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2018, 06:10:34 PM

Nothing can be better just as it is decentralized, decentralized exchanges are the future but they are still in early stage, but oax is very promising project I find it exceptional in the decentralized exchange ecosystem, you should check their medium channel: https://medium.com/@OAX_Foundation
freezzeer

Activity: 451

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 08:23:16 PM

In these decentralized world,We have to focus on decentralized entities.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 09:06:05 PM

I like concept of Decentralized Exchanges as they do not require  intermediaries for their operation.They are not working on the basis of buy or sell orders instead this exchange match  the people behind those buy and sell orders. Example I want to buy 0.5 btc from exchange , exchange will find 0.5 btc deal inform seller and deal done. In this way different people different selling price of bitcoins. Competition rises and we got benefit from sellers of bitcoins. the drawback is in these exchange day time trading volume is very less as compare to other type of exchange.
You do mean about typical exchangers like LBC  but if we do compare into centralized exchange like Bittrex and others then it would really just be the same. The differences on DEX is that theres no such restrictions unlike on centralized ones.Just import keys then you are good to go no matter how big volumes you would trade up theres no such kyc or limits but the sad thing is that when it comes to volume. Centralized ones would really have that thing.
Mjadon15

Activity: 174

View Profile
August 23, 2018, 10:04:16 PM

With centralized exchanges, intermediaries such as companies act as middle men in order to facilitate trading on their platform. In exchange for providing this service, intermediaries collect trading fees. In essence, centralized exchanges often act as the first point of contact for newcomers that are interested in trading cryptocurrency.

While,

One of the more attractive features of cryptocurrency is that it cannot be controlled by any central entity(decentralization).  On peer-to-peer systems such as the Bitcoin network, the transfer of value does not require the involvement of central authority, because transactions are validated by a distributed group of miners that exist on the network.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: