Bitcoin Forum
July 03, 2024, 08:31:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: User Nicholasio: Created 16 topics in no time - Acceptable practice or spamming?  (Read 213 times)
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:24:35 PM

In my opinion it's spamming... Look at the last 16 topics from "topics started by this person" history.

10:44:29 AM > 10:45:52 AM > 10:46:50 AM > 10:53:40 AM > 10:55:18 AM > Today at 10:58:08 AM > 11:00:45 AM > 11:07:09 AM > 11:20:07 AM > 11:21:43 AM > 11:22:57 AM > 11:25:04 AM > 11:26:39 AM > 11:29:30 AM > 12:12:07 PM > 12:13:00 PM

In exactly 1 hour, 28 minutes and 31 seconds - user Nicholasio  started 16 new topics (not commenting on the posts)!!! All offering services including the local language you are seeing (I used google translation).

Don't you think we need a topic creation wall/restriction to prevent this types of spamming?

PS: How do we report a user?

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:21:55 PM

I can't really say if it's spamming or not. Because creating 16 post within one and a half hour is clearly possible, specially if you're having interaction with one of the members here in the forum. But with these services that are translated to one another, i can't say.

Although the report button is at the bottom right of each individual posts. You can click it and state there whatever you think the member did wrong or violated.
mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 02:49:26 PM

I can't really say if it's spamming or not. Because creating 16 post within one and a half hour is clearly possible, specially if you're having interaction with one of the members here in the forum. But with these services that are translated to one another, i can't say.

Although the report button is at the bottom right of each individual posts. You can click it and state there whatever you think the member did wrong or violated.

You completely misunderstood the whole scenario  Grin
I am talking about creating topics not engaging in conversations.

hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 3782

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 04:14:29 PM

I respect your point of view, but you can get an answer without creating a new topic:

1. click "Report to moderator" with "Created 16 topics in no time".
 2. If his posts deleted, they are spam( wait less or more than 24 hours).

It is up to managers. Each case has its judgment.
Thirio

Activity: 350
Merit: 47

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:23:42 PM

You completely misunderstood the whole scenario  Grin
I am talking about creating topics not engaging in conversations.
No, i get it. I just stated that 16 posts within less than two hours can be possible to achieve at the same time not being considered as a spam. But when it comes to telling service that has the same content but with different language which i suppose this is, i don't really know if it's considered as spam. I'm saying that let those mod decide if it's a spam by reporting it through the button at the lower right. Peace  Grin
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:07:50 PM

It does look a bit spammy. The 6-ish English posts there look spammy at least.

They should combine their services into 1 thread, not mkaing multiple posts of (waht is essentially very similar) services.
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 09:32:12 PM

Let the mods decide if it's spam or not...
But what happens if we don't allow newbies to open a huge number of topics in no time... it will free up some time for the mods, because there will be less reported topics to decide about...
This user is not a bot, but this behaviour looks like how bots create topics in no time... and there are a lot of them in the offtopic section...
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:58:49 PM

1. click "Report to moderator" with "Created 16 topics in no time".
exactly! by simply reporting one (or all) of them with descriptive comment will solve it
if he does violate forum rules, those posts will be deleted and the user will be sanctioned properly by mods

Don't you think we need a topic creation wall/restriction to prevent this types of spamming?
we already have time limits on posting, but it seems not effective (long) enough to prevent such spam

mdayonliner (OP)
Copper Member

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:18:56 PM

I have not yet checked his post since I made this topic. I already reported them at the time of creating this post. I bought this in this topic to see your Feedback. I am going to lock the topic.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: