Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 09:32:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: litecoin  (Read 716 times)
terrorizedd (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:46:47 PM

hey, noob here.

A lot of people on btc-e seem to be into ltc at the moment: but is now the best time to invest?  Will the growth of ltc really be similar to that of BTC, or should we be waiting for it to drop before buying in?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
hellfrozenow

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:50:13 PM

hey, noob here.

A lot of people on btc-e seem to be into ltc at the moment: but is now the best time to invest?  Will the growth of ltc really be similar to that of BTC, or should we be waiting for it to drop before buying in?

Thanks!

Dont use the btc-e troll box for investment decisions.

And nobody know future, so all the reply you get are personal opinions only
AvalonMiner

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:51:28 PM

Litecoin is going to go up alot in the long term its still worth buying in. I would get in now for maximum profit  Smiley
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:55:20 PM

hey, noob here.

Thanks!

Dont use the btc-e troll box for investment decisions.

And nobody know future, so all the reply you get are personal opinions only

Better.
Don't use the troll box for anything.
Put a stuffed teddy bear in front of it and in 30 minutes you'll see that teddy going nuts.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
mentalc0rn

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:18:48 PM

On topic, I recently became interested in alt coins and quite frankly bitcoins are far too expensive for me to be making profit without alot of potentially dangerous buying, but litecoins, at an average of £20 for one seem worth it, especially seeing as the low difficulty at the moment is enabling people like me to use a bog standard graphics card to actually mine fairly efficiently, even if I am about to complain about my hashrate

So I've got cudaminer working, i've got a gtx780 but the hasrate is only ever 250 kh/s
how can I improve this? i'm running the april version of cudaminer as I can't seem to find a place to download the latest version, I understand there are a few people are getting up to 450 kh/s with the -l T30x16 kernel command but i don't seem able to force this code to work, which may simply be because of the older version of cudaminer
any help would be greatly appreciated.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:24:25 PM

hey, noob here.

Thanks!

It all depends on you really. Litecoin lacks a marketplace and so if you were to purchase them their use would be extremely limited.
However, if you don't mind investing a little fiat then you can purchase a few LTC and sit on them for a few years. Perhaps in the future
they'll be worth as much as Bitcoin.
Jacce

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:25:11 PM

It's not as safe as Bitcoin, but it's still the safest of AltCoins. I'd say it can be a good investment, but don't invest more than you can lose.
fornowagain

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:28:33 PM

@mentalc0rn

I guess it depends on how serious you are on mining. To be honest you're wasting you time with a gtx780, even a Titan would struggle to get half the hash rate of a HD7950. You'd be far better of selling the 780, which is a great card and should fetch enough to pay a good bit towards a 7950 or 7970. And the Litecoins, mine a few a trade them for BTC when the price is right.
majorX

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:26:41 PM

On topic, I recently became interested in alt coins and quite frankly bitcoins are far too expensive for me to be making profit without alot of potentially dangerous buying, but litecoins, at an average of £20 for one seem worth it, especially seeing as the low difficulty at the moment is enabling people like me to use a bog standard graphics card to actually mine fairly efficiently, even if I am about to complain about my hashrate

So I've got cudaminer working, i've got a gtx780 but the hasrate is only ever 250 kh/s
how can I improve this? i'm running the april version of cudaminer as I can't seem to find a place to download the latest version, I understand there are a few people are getting up to 450 kh/s with the -l T30x16 kernel command but i don't seem able to force this code to work, which may simply be because of the older version of cudaminer
any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mining litecoin with gtx780 and calling it mine fairly efficiently  Huh
Your losing money on electricity here. Even best ATI cards are not profitable without cheap electricity...
terrorizedd (OP)

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:01:30 PM

thanks for all the help/tips!
CoinName.bit

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 04:25:00 PM

Litecoin is growing in anticipation of it being listed on Mt.Gox exchange. Several months ago Mt.Gox confirmed that they would be adding Litecoin after they get their platform upgraded, which should be happening any time now.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:59:25 PM

Litecoin is growing in anticipation of it being listed on Mt.Gox exchange. Several months ago Mt.Gox confirmed that they would be adding Litecoin after they get their platform upgraded, which should be happening any time now.

i wish bitstamp would take the lead and get over with it!

hoewer4what

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:36:07 PM

I guess Mt.Gox have own problems how to make USD withdrawals in timely manners  Wink
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:56:39 PM

All i know is litecoin mining is not worth it with these difficulty rising each time !

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:57:49 PM

hey, noob here.

Thanks!

If by a lot of people you mean btc-e trollbox then i have a simple advise to you. Ignore every single thing that you hear from the weirdos that literally live  inthere.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: