Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:31:55 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoins = tulips  (Read 3539 times)
gochk (OP)

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:48:16 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 03:38:23 PM by gochk

According to http://www.blacklistednews.com/Guest_Post_-_Bitcoin%3A_Get_Out_While_The_Getting%27s_Good_/30803/0/0/0/Y/M.html
bitcoins = tulips.

Source: http://gonzalolira.blogspot.com/2013/11/bitcoins-get-out-while-gettings-good.html
Bitcoinpro
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 02:59:22 PM

in reality the ups and downs of stock/currency and asset prices are much more complicated that this

and from some view points its almost impossible to see a bubble in any real assets,

it would seem more often that professional operations are setup to pop assets so hard

that it does indeed collapse in price and then the instigator can buy up en masse

the now very cheap product knowing that it has underlying intrinsic value

WWW.FACEBOOK.COM

CRYPTOCURRENCY CENTRAL BANK

LTC: LP7bcFENVL9vdmUVea1M6FMyjSmUfsMVYf
bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:06:30 PM

I merely skimmed through most of the article and think they are way off.  Some of their information is out dated, some wrong.  Also, if bitcoins = tulips, gold could easily be like tulips as well (or a better example, diamonds).  This is ridiculous.  Furthermore, saying that there is no place to buy items/services for bitcoins is absolutely false.  And why must it EXCLUSIVELY be for bitcoins?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 03:17:53 PM

Let me see if I have this correct. The same person that is comparing bitcoins to tulip, is one we're trying to save all future transaction fees for him and his family and friends, yet, instead of embracing change, of which he advocates, he opts to throw it under the bus.

~TMIBTCITW
bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:24:30 PM

Let me see if I have this correct. The same person that is comparing bitcoins to tulip, is one we're trying to save all future transaction fees for him and his family and friends, yet, instead of embracing change, of which he advocates, he opts to throw it under the bus.

~TMIBTCITW

Apart from this, it's also a very ugly article.  He even goes as far as to insult the people that embrace bitcoins and the people that have gotten it to where it is today (talking about not stroking the egos of the nerds that are a part of bitcoin).  Very big dislike to that article, maybe he did it to get some spotlight. 

Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 03:31:53 PM

If you want tulips, one only has to hold US Dollars.  Being printed to the tune of an additional $85 billion per month.  Hundreds of Trillions of dollars in debt and unfunded liabilities.

I'll take my chances with bitcoin.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:34:41 PM

Tulips are beautiful.

Fail article...

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:37:31 PM

I see where he's coming from.

Tulips are:

• Limited in supply by a distributed consensus computer protocol
  • Tulip network can be used to send other tulips to people anywhere else in the world, and can be received instantly
  • Tulips comprise a software construct of a wallet of public and private keys to allow the Tulip user to securely send, receive and store their Tulips
  • Mining new Tulips involves trial and error guessing of the value of 2 SHA-256 hashes of the previous block of Tulips in the blockchain

The similarities are pretty startling, case closed.

Vires in numeris
I_bitcoin

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:40:35 PM

Howdy troll thread.   Look, you got me to type something!

No matter where you go, there you are.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:43:39 PM

Bitcoin is revolutionary. It could go to 0.1 USD and I'm sure some geeks (like me) would still use it.

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
gochk (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:46:27 PM

~TMIBTCITW

Apart from this, it's also a very ugly article.  He even goes as far as to insult the people that embrace bitcoins and the people that have gotten it to where it is today (talking about not stroking the egos of the nerds that are a part of bitcoin).  Very big dislike to that article, maybe he did it to get some spotlight.  

According to him (posted today) http://gonzalolira.blogspot.com/2013/12/a-calm-analysis-of-bitcoins-as-currency.html ; it was a fairly mild criticism.
Tzupy
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1074

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:50:04 PM

Bitcoin is revolutionary. It could go to 0.1 USD and I'm sure some geeks (like me) would still use it.

If it goes to 0.1 $ then it's going to 0, but this is very unlikely to happen IMO.
However, a prolonged bear market could drop to double digits for a short time.

Regarding the current market status, I believe we are within capitulation, but
with limited seller pressure for now, the first large drop recovered quickly.
When most big players will understand, they will dump big.

Sometimes, if it looks too bullish, it's actually bearish
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:50:58 PM

Except tulips made an awful store of wealth/currency. They are not fungible they are perishable. Tulip mania was doomed from the start.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:52:57 PM

Isn't there any other analogy that implies a bubble except tulips? I 'm extremely bored with them already.
Tirapon

Activity: 898

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:54:34 PM

Can we all agree that if and when Bitcoin becomes widely adopted, we officially change the name to 'Tulip Bulbz' and change the logo to a tulip?

I would find it most amusing.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:56:43 PM

they say tulips, i hear sour grapes
flynn

Activity: 728
Merit: 540

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 03:57:00 PM

They are not fungible they are perishable.

If only they were fungus-proof !

intentionally left blank
umaOuma

Activity: 938

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:13:49 PM

Tulips are beautiful, but just a plant. How the speculation could drive the tulips prices so high, I have no idea.
gochk (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:16:57 PM

I think the blogger is using tulips because as you know, tulips bloom and then dies. That's what happens to the ones on my flower bed anyway. So he's essentially saying, bitcoin will "bloom" but then it'll die off - which he advises people not to get into it and to sell what they have.

Maybe it's because I'm not a btc expert and therefore not able to verify his blogs today;
1) he claims he has bitcoin.
2) btc does not provide anonymity

so, there are a couple of questions that pops into my mind
1) anyone can find out if he still holds the bitcoin he has?
2) for that matter, can anyone find his btc address?
3) even if they can find his btc address, what's stopping him from creating a new address and sending the bitcoins to himself and presents it as him "selling" off his holdings?

sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:21:28 PM

Whats wrong with tulips? I like them - have several in my front garden.

Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: