Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:36:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A highlighting system for merit points!  (Read 270 times)
fernandoaleixo (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 4

Community Manager at Bitsurf.eu

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 03:58:12 PM

Hello, I had this idea on another topic and I'd like to make it formal here, a system where good topics are highlighted by the average user and more users with merit have the chance to check it out and see if it worth it! How will it work in the topic list? Instead of going upwards (that still can keep working by the standard way), it will get highlighted (a golden neon or something), in exchange, topics with merit also gets highlighted! What do you guys think?  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:16:16 PM

That won't be necessary. Each of us has their own view of a good topic so there is no need to highlight a good topic based on the average users. Also, other topics will also be interesting to other people and that topic will not probably check by an average member of the forum who are just here to spam and earn money from bounties.
BTCeminjas

Activity: 322
Merit: 23

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:39:04 PM

That won't be necessary. Each of us has their own view of a good topic so there is no need to highlight a good topic based on the average users. Also, other topics will also be interesting to other people and that topic will not probably check by an average member of the forum who are just here to spam and earn money from bounties.
As what I have also seen that was most people do keep on spamming especially on mega thread.
But yeah you are right each of us has their own view of the good topic so avoid keeping replies the shitposting thread instead try to look at a genuine post or you just start a good post that can share knowledge to the members here in the forum.
Highlighting probably is useless.
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 04:47:39 PM

Some of the good discussion can be found in the serious discussion.
You just need to read to determine whether a topic/thread is worth your time before reading it that sort of skill can only acquired if oneself is interested to the topic in which s/he is reading they can accumulate merit by understanding the variety of every topic they were interested by contributing provoking question or statement regarding to the said topic.

It is really different if you (highlighted) a thread/topic this forum would look like a book in anatomy in which highlighted thread is essential topic that every students need to read to pass the qualifying exam.

+1.0 Good point^^

The backbone knowledge of this school would become redundantly worse than it already had if highlighting an incurable disease will be impose on a daily production of this hospital.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1220

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 04:56:30 PM

Hello, I had this idea on another topic and I'd like to make it formal here, a system where good topics are highlighted by the average user and more users with merit have the chance to check it out and see if it worth it!
That would be unfair for the posters - wont it? Merit will be channelized to that post which is getting popular and other potentially good posts will remain un-reviewed.

How will it work in the topic list? Instead of going upwards (that still can keep working by the standard way), it will get highlighted (a golden neon or something), in exchange, topics with merit also gets highlighted! What do you guys think?  Smiley
Highlighting replies with merits/searching posts will higher merits in a topic might be a good idea which was suggested by some users already.

Actually merit sources patrolling of the forum need to diversified a bit so that there is better exposure on several sections of the forum. There are still some merit sources who are biased about meriting posts with specific criteria based on their own feelings. In my opinion emotions should be kept away (from the forum at least) and stick to what theymos had said about awarding merits. Again some merit sources are too lenient in giving merits. So I guess it goes both ways. Grin

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
fernandoaleixo (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 11:29:18 PM

I meant a topic that will be a bit more highlighted by the average user that pointing it out it's good, I fear for the spam to be honest. But I believe it would be a good idea... Merit topics get even more highlighted... I don't know if non-highlighted topics will get completely ignored tho, or more ignored than usual, it's a possibility.
colkcolk

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:09:19 AM
Merited by CryptopreneurBrainboss (1)

I do not yet consider merit so far, just focus on learning even some of them to learn this forum also as part of it. As long as I've seen for merit, just implemented on less than 6 months. Is not a good time to evaluate and review comprehensively, need longer time. But if saw from postings, it seems merits has achieved the progress of the purpose that is to reduce spam significantly.
tuanytcc

Activity: 476
Merit: 14

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:22:59 AM

you are right at the point, Kim Ji Won!
That won't be necessary. Each of us has their own view of a good topic so there is no need to highlight a good topic based on the average users.

Furthermore, the forum has already had lots of topics like this, which contain helpful tips, list of campaigns, campaign's managers, etc.
I don't post them here because if someone need it, they will find it by themselves.
Lazy users don't deserve to have available topics on that. It might contribute to make them lazier.

Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:55:42 PM

It's not a welcomed idea as each user has their diverse reading interests. What appeals to me as a good topic might or won't appeal to you and if this topics are highlighted as you're stipulating, reading will be limited and it could get boring.
fernandoaleixo (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 02:41:05 PM

It's not a welcomed idea as each user has their diverse reading interests. What appeals to me as a good topic might or won't appeal to you and if this topics are highlighted as you're stipulating, reading will be limited and it could get boring.

Yes, indeed. I agree 100% with you, but posts with high popularity is what we call "trending posts", so that means a really useful topic with good information will be highlighted by several users, then when it reaches let's say, 100 "upvotes", it will become highlighted in the topic list! We all have our individual interests, but there are always an info that is good for everyone!
Tyrantt

Activity: 1022
Merit: 564

Need some spare btc for a new PC

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:46:06 PM

To be honest I like the idea of OP highlighting the answer he likes or found helpful, or at least that helped him out, the most. That would be kind of the same as with yahoo answers, or any other website like that, where the solution that actually works is highlighted.

Tho, this kind of thing would mainly be in topics with technical issues or where the question is straight forward.

Need some spare btc for a new PC that can at least run Adobe Dreamweaver.

BTC - 19qm3kH4MZELkefEb55HCe4Y5jgRRLCQmn ♦♦♦ ETH - 0xd71ACd8781d66393eBfc3Acd65B224e97Ae1952D
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: