Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 06:38:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Crypto Portfolio Distribution  (Read 924 times)
Nolo (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:20:50 PM

I try to keep roughly 80% BTC and 20% LTC with only very minor numbers of smaller alt coins.  Thoughts on these numbers?  Too much LTC?  Not enough LTC? 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
windjc
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:42:21 PM

I try to keep roughly 80% BTC and 20% LTC with only very minor numbers of smaller alt coins.  Thoughts on these numbers?  Too much LTC?  Not enough LTC? 

I think LTC has the chance to grow at a higher % than Bitcoin over the intermediate term and maybe long term as well, simply given the price ratio. I think smaller alt coins have a higher % top as well. Riskier investment though. I think your distribution should be relative to your risk tolerance. Cliche, but true.
Nolo (OP)

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Whoa, there are a lot of cats in this wall.

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:47:22 PM

I think LTC has the chance to grow at a higher % than Bitcoin over the intermediate term and maybe long term as well, simply given the price ratio. I think smaller alt coins have a higher % top as well. Riskier investment though. I think your distribution should be relative to your risk tolerance. Cliche, but true.

Agreed.  To be honest I think that's why I've settled on a more conservative approach of 80/20 right now.  Or atleast I wanted to confirm with others that 80/20 was conservative.  It's so hard to know what is what in this new age. 

Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th.  The Attorney: I would advise you do that.  Charlie Kelly: I'll take that advice under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?  The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law.
19GpqFsNGP8jS941YYZZjmCSrHwvX3QjiC
Siegfried

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:19:25 AM

I have 90 percent confidence in bitcoin and 70 percent confidence in litecoin. I will not decrease my bitcoin holdings until the price exceeds 10,000 dollars, but when the ltc/btc rate gets high, I may sell ltc for btc and then buy back the same amount of ltc when the rate decreases and keep the additional btc. Since I believe in both currencies I feel like this is less risky than trading for fiat with the possibility that bitcoin could increase 100 percent before I can buy back in.
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:39:50 AM

In my opinion, anyone who isn't paying attention to the alt coins, is missing out on insane profits.

I bought in to about 10 of them four months ago and they are all up a minimum of 200% and some as high as 1500%.

If you haven't discovered how much money you can make by buying tons of sub- $1 coins and waiting a few months ... you're missing out on the next big thing.

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:47:57 AM

Not enough WDC/SBC.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:59:13 PM

I think you should goo 25% ltc and 75% Btc for the time being but that is just for the moment.  Things can change so fast with cryptos it can be hard to pinpoint what is the best decision for a long term basis.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:07:45 PM

Always going to be a trade off between high liquidity and high growth.

I own BTC (30%) ... high liquidity, can easily go on margin, can trade futures.  most flexible trading vehicle out there.
I own LTC (20%) high liquidity only in BTC-E, however potential BTCChina and mtgox listing.
I own NMC (40%) decent liquidity, normally follows BTC, but higher potential because of low valuation.  2nd highest hash rate among coins, however needs more aggressive dev support. I like it because not a lot of folks have big holdings here.

and for my purely speculative play ... don't day trade this coin... liquidity isn't great at the moment.
I own IXC (10%)

Anyway, do be careful with a lot of the "pump and dump" coins.   You know, the ones with a high mint rate and with hundreds of millions of coins.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
coinfinance

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 03:25:33 PM

Guys, have you ever tried: http://coinfinance.com to track and share your portfolio distribution:

This is mine:

http://coinfinance.com/portfolio/d1924f14ed53bc6a88c6df29c30df4b5f9d59bef

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: