Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 01:06:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A new Bitcoin Video  (Read 1524 times)
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:37:14 PM
Last edit: December 03, 2013, 09:01:07 PM by BittBurger

This is a really strange video.

Can someone confirm that - if its about Bitcion (which it is) - half the stuff they're talking about isn't accurate?  
"Currently, 200,000 companies in the United States can pay their employees with it and 700,000 American businesses are turning to it, including Wal-Mart, CVS, Lowes, and NIKE."

Seems like they've made a strange parody video with some true aspects, and some things are totally fabricated nonsense that may come true in the near future.  I can't get my finger on this video and figure out if its something I should share on facebook as "Current", or label it "What may come".

http://moneymorning.com/ext/bitcoin/videos/video-bitcoin.php?src=jetbuzz&ad=china1
Here is a partial transcript of the video at the point where they finally stop babbling and mention Bitcoin.
Are all those facts in the beginning accurate for current-day Bitcoin???  Or is this some weird, somewhat deceptive video, playing partial facts, and partial fiction?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Mike, these are 21st century Edison Dollars.
I'm talking about Bitcoin.
Bitcoin is the Realization of Thomas Edison's Dream.
Mike Ward:
Michael, a lot of folks have heard of Bitcoin.
And it's unleashed a firestorm in the press.
I want to read some of these quotes for you now.
Forbes, Bitcoin: "the currency of a $10 trillion dollar global market."
Time magazine, this concept is "perfect money."
Fox Business, Bitcoin may become "the world's payment method of choice."
The Washington Post, quoted experts calling Bitcoin:
"The Holy Grail"...
"Astonishingly Secure"..
"Anonymous..."
"Invisible to the Taxma..."
"It Could Soon Rival the Dollar."

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
jbizzle

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:01:11 PM

The website is owned by Agora, Inc.  They sell financial newsletters.  Typically they they use a "carrot" to sell their financial info.  In this case the hot topic they are using to sell their info is Bitcoins. 
corebob

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:19:19 PM

Ah... we finally arrive at the point... bitcoin was invented by Edison, an American of course.
What would the world be without a proper happy ending   Wink
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 01:02:23 AM

thomas edison invented WHAT  Cheesy ? is this a fun video?

gangplank

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:10:28 AM

Expect more and more of this Clickbank rubbish as time goes on.
BittBurger (OP)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:30:22 AM

What's a "carrot" ?

Another word for utter bullshit?  lol

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:47:39 AM

it's a subscription service:  http://moneymappress.com/trading-services/

read the fine print:

Copyright - 2013 Money Map Press, LLC. The Money Map Press is a publishing company that does not act as a personal investment advisor for any specific individual. Nor do we advocate the purchase or sale of any security or investment for any specific individual. The proprietary recommendations and analysis we present to readers is for the exclusive use of subscribers. Readers should be aware that although our track record is highly rated, and has been legally reviewed for presentation in this invitation, investment markets have inherent risks and there can be no guarantee of future profits. Likewise, our past performance does not assure the same future results. Warning: The past performance of any trade whether actual or hypothetical is not necessarily an indication of future results. Stocks, futures, currencies, commodities, CFDs, options and all types of investment trading can have large potential rewards, but also carry large potential risks. We make absolutely no representation that gains or losses demonstrated in services published by Money Map Press LLC are likely or achievable. Hypothetical trading examples also cannot possibly take into account the impact of liquidity or buyer and seller demand, and do not allow for slippage and associated trading costs and concerns. One must be aware of the risks and be willing to accept them in order to invest in the markets. One should never trade with money that one cannot afford to lose, and one must accept that there will be losses, and one must be able to sustain these losses, both from a financial as well as an emotional perspective. Recommendations are for the exclusive use of subscribers and can change at any time. This work is based on SEC filings, current events, interviews, corporate press releases, and what we've learned as financial journalists. It may contain errors and you shouldn't make any investment decision based solely on what you read here. It's your money and your responsibility.

most of these services are worth crap.  but in this case, they're trying to lure you in to their subscription to buy Bitcoin.  kind of a clever hook associating it with Edison who apparently advocated for a fixed supply currency.
Kouye

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:55:03 AM

Hahaha! I just managed to watch a decent chunck of it, until he stated that french banks had adopted bitcoin and you could get your wages paid in bitcoins rather than in euros.
Which is pure fantasy. Grin

Weird, weird video indeed.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
polarhei

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Firing it up

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:52:17 PM

If I made a video about bitcoin, I would just said. What if you are able to monitor all?
jbizzle

Activity: 26

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:01:21 AM

What's a "carrot" ?

Another word for utter bullshit?  lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrot_and_stick
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:17:27 AM

I listened to the entire video and got to the end and was totally disappointed. Want to know why?

Select a Payment Method

Enter your credit card information and press "Continue" to place your order. If you would prefer to order by phone, please call xxx.513.6445 or xxx.353.4487.

HACKER SAFE certified sites prevent over 99.9% of hacker crime.
Credit Card:
    American Express       MasterCard
    Visa       Discover
Card Number:      
Expiration Date:    

Your Promotion Code is: PNVXPB02

==========================

THERE WAS NO BITCOIN PAYMENT OPTION!  Grin
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: