Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:21:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BCH an effective investment option in the long run?  (Read 352 times)
Mikado$ (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:53:17 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2018, 02:01:33 AM by Mikado$

Hello community crypto, I am a newcomer to this market. My initial investment was a few ETH. I notice that in recent days, BCH value seems to increase quite high compared to the general market. > 10%. So, BCH has to be a good investment for long term to hold?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Fatunad

Activity: 2226
Merit: 347

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:04:03 PM

Hello community crypto, I am a newcomer to this market. My initial investment was a few ETH. I notice that in recent days, BCH value seems to increase quite high compared to the general market. > 10%. So, BCH has to be a good investment for long term to hold?
First of all i would like to welcome you into this forum and to this cryptoworld. Percentage gains doesnt mean they are really good to hold of for long term.Always go for the main coin which is bitcoin and bitcoin cash is just a forked coin.It do have value but when it comes to future i would remain still or trust bitcoin no matter what.Just remember one thing on investing to crypto,dont ever go on all in and invest on the money that you can just afford to lose.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:20:31 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2018, 01:45:15 AM by crypto1010

You kind of lost me here, title is talking of BTC and discussion is pointing in the direction of BCH anyway for your information BCH and BTC are two different cryptocurrencies Roll Eyes otherwise ever since the airdrop of BCH there were speculations that people will dump their coins which will lead to its crash but the opposite happened and bitcoin cash got pumped and surpassed ETH which was suppose to have been the second highest priced crypto coin, tbh cryptos are unpredictable and with BCH being in the class of the first generation cryptocurrencies I wouldnt count on it for long term investments but as I said cryptos are unpredictable, you need to risk a little and see how lucky you can be.
Mikado$ (OP)

Activity: 170

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:09:06 AM

You kind of lost me here, title is talking of BTC and discussion is pointing in the direction of BCH anyway for your information BCH and BTC are two different cryptocurrencies Roll Eyes otherwise ever since the airdrop of BCH there were speculations that people will dump their coins which will lead to its crash but the opposite happened and bitcoin cash got pumped and surpassed ETH which was suppose to have been the second highest priced crypto coin, tbh cryptos are unpredictable and with BCH being in the class of the first generation cryptocurrencies I wouldnt count on it for long term investments but as I said cryptos are unpredictable, you need to risk a little and see how lucky you can be.
Sorry. I have fixed it. I think Bitcoin Cash (BCH), seems right at this time users have tried to support the BCH in a certain way. I can not identify because it's an easy growth to realize. Or the pumping process has been transformed.
Andrey123

Activity: 1750
Merit: 305

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:45:28 AM

Yes, this coin can now grow.
But after a month, he may fall below the price at which he bought, and will not return there.

Predicting the movement of the coin is impossible, there is only risk.

Hello! Voluntary donations that will go towards the development of my coin.
34bwEhH3GMx6swYXt2NBfFbYGkdTcaWtXz....BTC

novaprime

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

UniDApp - it's DeFi time!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:54:38 AM

Of course if long-term investment, BCH will still have a lot of potential because this coin is considered to be the best growth coins in May since $ 700- $ 1800 and are trading volume is very high compared with other coins. I think BCH future may well outperform Bitcoin and BCH will soon reach $ 20,000 this year

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:11:29 AM

I notice that in recent days, BCH value seems to increase quite high

you are answering your own question here!
you said it yourself "in recent days". altcoins are like that, they get pumped only in a short time and that makes them good short term investments but terrible long term ones. they can get pumped in a short time, for example a pump that lasts 24 hours and in that window you can make a lot of profit but in the end investors always go back to bitcoin or fiat which matter most to them.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
javadevm8

Activity: 81

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:26:04 AM

Not really a big fan of BCH but I'm partially biased because i hate roger ver.
AngelSky

Activity: 1008
Merit: 537

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:51:51 AM

BCH also one of the best potential coin so we should invest in long term it will make big profit in future. But lot of investors are looking to Bitcoin so we should invest in BTC this will more convenient platform. BCH was fastly down in the market but market is recover again so this will raise fastly. Finally BCH is good growing Cryptocurrency in current scenario.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:32:54 AM

I don't think Bitcoin Cash has any value, the only reason why Bitcoin Cash still exists is because of the pump and dumps scheme, nothing much at all. I don't the investment would be profitable in the long run when more people get more educated and acknowledge how scammy BCH is.
xuan87
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:14:49 AM

I would say no, bch has a hyped higher than today price, at that point a lot of people say bch is going to solve Bitcoin major problem, like the speed transactions, but in the end all investors are back to Bitcoin, and bch left without any clear intention, now bch only being used for pump and dump, so I will say to avoid bch fro investment, because it is quite hard to predict the price movement

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██████████████████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████████████████░░░░
░░░░░░░░░█████████░░░░░░░░░░░████████░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░░
░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████░██████░
░░░░░░░██████░░░░░█░░░░░████████░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░░███░░░████░░███░██████░
░░░░░░░███████░░██░██░████░░███░░█████░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░██░░█░███░░███░░██████░░
░░░░░░░░░███████░██░█░█░░░███░░██████░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░███░░░███░░░█████░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██░░████░░░░░░██░░░██████░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░████░░░░░██████░░░█████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███████░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░█████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░███░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░██████░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▂▂ ▃▃ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ TeraWATT █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▃▃ ▂▂
Global LED Adoption Through Blockchain Technology
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒『ICO IS LIVE』≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
WEBSITE』『WHITEPAPER
≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒≒
TWITTER』『TELEGRAM
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:19:08 AM

I am still in a stage where I am weighing bch over eth. Though they are far different, we can't deny the fact that bch nearly beat eth's place last time. From that, I am aware that bch will stay longer in the market, thus a good time to buy and invest for a long term. They said, BCH will not last longer but I do
not believe the fud since bch is considered as peer to peer electronic cash then it will stay in the market as long as cryptocurrency exists.
Leonard2016

Activity: 1036
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:43:39 PM

I believe that crypto market is bullish in long term , But in long term !
Bch is one of them too but Bch would never be TC and would never take its place it always would be BCH.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
piloder
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:48:20 PM

Yeah but looks like you missed the train because safe buy zone was under $1000 where I have grabbed few of them and now a happy holder.  Grin

Most of the time when you will buy at peak price you will get stucked with bag holding for years and still some of the BCH holder are at loss because they have bought above $2k or even near $3k. So don't buy when it is pumping hard like right now, wait for some correction than you can make an entry.
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:56:23 PM

Yeah but looks like you missed the train because safe buy zone was under $1000 where I have grabbed few of them and now a happy holder.  Grin

Most of the time when you will buy at peak price you will get stucked with bag holding for years and still some of the BCH holder are at loss because they have bought above $2k or even near $3k. So don't buy when it is pumping hard like right now, wait for some correction than you can make an entry.
But if you are planning to be a long term holder then buying anytime at any price should do and it doesn't matter if you caught up the dump because recovery would be always there but same as you said you would really be got stucked on the price and wait for long time unlike if you do wisely enter into correction times then you will surely see profits on shorter terms and you can able to make shorts and secure profits and then reinvest into other coins.Rinse and repeat this thing will bear fruits.
butka

Activity: 434
Merit: 246

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:19:58 PM

BCH also one of the best potential coin so we should invest in long term it will make big profit in future.
Really? I wouldn't be so sure about the long term. In any case, if you are a serious BCH trader, you should be aware of certain details about the entire BCH ecosystem. In particular, there are four major wallets you should be monitoring constantly.

I've learned this from an excellent medium article (which has probably been shared here on this forum, not sure):

https://medium.com/@btcWolves/bch-heading-towards-the-abyss-f1b2b9ec41f1

It is really worth your time, especially if you want to look at the whole problem from an emotionless trader perspective.
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:34:05 PM

I am still in a stage where I am weighing bch over eth. Though they are far different, we can't deny the fact that bch nearly beat eth's place last time. From that, I am aware that bch will stay longer in the market, thus a good time to buy and invest for a long term. They said, BCH will not last longer but I do
not believe the fud since bch is considered as peer to peer electronic cash then it will stay in the market as long as cryptocurrency exists.
BCH is a little mysterious to me. Sometimes I feel like this coin is going to be with us forever and can grow more than Ethereum and then I have this thought that it is not a trustworthy coin like Ethereum. BCH can leave its investors anytime without giving a warning. That is why I skip the trouble of going through choosing the best altcoin and suggest bitcoin as we cannot doubt it in any way.

felixesteban

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:13:39 PM

Nearly tripled the price in the last month. Although many people say it is not suitable for investment, its breakthrough was incredible.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
oseikuf44

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:30:38 PM

Bitcoin cash is like another cryptocurrency that if hold for a long will return a good amount to your initial capital. But I still trade Bitcoin and I maintain that Bitcoin is the only currency that has a good future when hold for long.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:33:54 PM

Look, I think you need to do your own research of course, but from my opinion I would say that for the Long Run, BCH is a terrible investment. The only advantage bcash has will be gone in the long run, but the lightning network will only get better with time. Even now, that segwit finally got adopted by the major exchanges, the fee dropped quite a bit, so bcash is no longer much faster and cheaper than BTC. BCH doesn't really have a good scaling solution, and bitcoin has one, so in the long term, BTC will only get better. For the short term it might be good, since all the alts dropped quite a lot, compared to BTC, so it's normal that if BTC continues to rise, they will rise more. Once all this speculation is done, and BTC gets adopted, and the real alts will survive, and I don't think BCH is one of them.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████