Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:49:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the best way to buy bitcoin  (Read 132 times)
smsuvoahmed (OP)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:58:54 PM

Hello, I am a new user here, So I don't know Which is the best copy runner wallet. Please let me know the best wallet? - Smiley
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 07:15:24 PM

Hello, I am a new user here, So I don't know Which is the best copy runner wallet. Please let me know the best wallet? - Smiley
The best way to buy bitcoin? Google localbitcoin.com. As for the best wallet, it depends on individual need and use. You can check this thread in this forum...https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:24:10 PM

If you are more into exchange type of websites one of the biggest ones out there are bitstamp, coinbase, gemini etc.

The best way to buy bitcoin? Google localbitcoin.com. As for the best wallet, it depends in individual need and use. You can check this thread in this forum...

LocalBitcoins might not be the best place in terms of the price. As to find sellers, if you want to buy btc, you are going to end up paying on top because you are dealing with these kind of trades. However their website is really reputable and I myself would recommend it to anyone as they you can find offers that are available in all countries.

BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:17:39 AM

What do you mean by 'copy runner wallet'?
There is a big guide right in this section: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1631151.0

About buying crypto, the easier you choose to do it, the more information you generally would have to expose about yourself.
Many localbitcoin sellers require some type of verification, passport picture for example, and also the price difference as mentioned is quite big.
but there are sellers who doesn't ask for any information, so sure you could use it - just make sure you find a reputable seller.

regular exchanges:
KYC = Know your Customer, where a business has to collect your information, probably to fight money laundering and such.

I often use:
coinbase.com > you can instantly buy with card, or bank deposit - requires KYC in form of passport, very easy.
kraken.com > only bank deposit > requires entering personal info, but doesn't require passport pictures unless you want a $50k monthly limit.

there are many exchanges beyond coinbase, depends where you are:
kraken/bitstamp = eu
gemini/gdax = us

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Ayuluv2001

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:24:01 AM

Coinbase should be pause anytime soon. Perhaps you can try CoinHako or Kraken if you are using Fiat
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 10:18:53 PM

What do you mean by 'copy runner' wallet? The best wallets in terms of security will always be hardware wallets such as the trezor or the nano ledger s--you'll find the same argument after a few mins of research on this forum or anywhere on the internet. Alternatively, if you want something that is more convenient to access try electrum or jaxx for your desktop or coinomi or samourai for mobile. In the end, whichever you choose make sure that the wallet gives you personal control of your keys and always back up your seed, it's all you'll need in case you need to recover a lost wallet. As far as where to buy btc, it would be helpful to know where you are located. There are centralized exchanges that are very popular (some have geographic and purchasing method restrictions) and peer to peer sites where you deal with transfers in person. Each option has its pros and cons. Below are links to a couple of our beginners guides for crypto wallets and exchanges from our blog, feel free to check them out, they are a good starting resource!

Wallet Guide: http://bit.ly/WalletGuide

Exchange Guide: http://bit.ly/GuideToExchanges

Hope this helps!

Mintdice.com
BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:13:14 AM

to add on wallet stuff, I made a thread about this with general security tips if anyone is interested:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3576100

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
Larster

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:44:09 AM

Kraken is quite good for buying and you can also keep your money in their account at least at the begining when you normally do not have big amounts. Of course there are more safe and recomended wallets, that you can read about in multiple other threads.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: