Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 12:25:56 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cavirtex long waiting times  (Read 511 times)
Aethelwulf (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 11:29:22 PM

I have joined this forum to post on the CAVirtex thread, however, looks like I have to make a post in the newbie section first.

I've been waiting over a week for cavirtex who advertises themselves as verifying accounts within 2-5 business days. I've submitted several tickets as well as called but have not heard back from them, some tickets not even related to account verification.

On their automated voice mail, the owner sounds almost angry and talking down to people calling in about verification. I guess I'm not the only one waiting to be verified, but this is their own doing by advertising 2-5 business day verification which seems to be a flat out lie. Likewise, Cavirtex has some of the most expensive fees around, in which case if they are so expensive then they should be providing much better customer service.
bmurray

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:53:37 PM

It does seem like Cavirtex is going through some growing pains.  Currently the registration backlog is around two weeks.

Moreover, I sent them some money by direct withdrawal, and while it came out of my account the next day, it has been
over a week and it still isn't showing up in my account.

Their fees also seem excessive:  1.5% trade fee for buying or selling, which means that they make 3% on every trade.  With the volume they advertise doing, this is around $45k/day in fees.  There's also a $30 fee for sending them money by direct withdrawal, a fee for withdrawing money, and a fee of 0.001BTC for sending bitcoins.

Some other glitches as well:  Right now their site is down.  And a couple of days ago, BTC sending was disabled for about half a day.

I hope they are able to improve quality of service and also bring the fees in line with what other exchanges charge.
LondonLTC

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:54:44 PM

With all of the recent coverage, a lot of exchanges are experiencing some big growing pains. Cavirtex, BTCE and Kraken have all been given a lot a stick recently on here and on Reddit.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: