Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 01:01:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lag in transferring cryptocurrency between exchanges?  (Read 696 times)
h0td0gz (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:10:18 AM

In your experience, how long does it generally take to make transfers between different exchanges?  Personally, I transferred a few hundred LTC from BTC-E to Cryptsy and it has been an hour and a half with no update.  I have entered the LTC address given to me by Cryptsy into block-explorer.com, which does show that a credit was made to the address.  I take it this means that it's just Cryptsy is being slow?
hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:19:17 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and give this thread a bump as I'm curious how the exchanges or this particular exchange works with things like this.  I would like to know how long a "common" transaction is expected to take.

JBardey

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:27:34 PM

In your experience, how long does it generally take to make transfers between different exchanges?  Personally, I transferred a few hundred LTC from BTC-E to Cryptsy and it has been an hour and a half with no update.  I have entered the LTC address given to me by Cryptsy into block-explorer.com, which does show that a credit was made to the address.  I take it this means that it's just Cryptsy is being slow?

Cryptsy has had a site overhaul and has become HUGELY popular lately. It's simply overwhelmed. It takes a while for credits to show up as pending. It's broken some of the pools I mine on that auto-trade.
AltCoinSpeculation

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:35:38 PM

For me, it has sometimes taken a few hours for Ltc to transfer to Crypsy, other times I've had to wait 10 hours for a Btc coin to appear, i think it depends on their volume and servers,
apart from this its a great site and they seem to be doing their best to keep it running smoothly...

I also used the blockchain explorer, and similarly it had said the coin had been sent and received, I just had to wait, and thankfully it turned up a bit later.. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: