Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:18:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So all my greendot prepaid cards got closed...  (Read 8432 times)
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
June 08, 2014, 04:16:20 PM

I have returned with answers.

The key is spreading out the loads. Read EVERY cardholder agreement and all usage limitations. Then, whatever the limitation is, make sure you never get more than half way there.

Get a few cards issued from different banks and manage your loads.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Harley997

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:01:37 AM

Greendot is a major SCAM .. they recently froze one of my customer's cards for no reason at all.

Most banks (and I assume prepaid cards as well) have terms that say they are allowed to close your account for any reason, or for no reason as long as it is not because of a protected status (age, race, national origin, religion, sex).

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
morphtrust

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 09:13:42 PM

if you go with bank transfers just make sure you dig to find out what their limit on a daily transaction is before they have to report to the local gov entity, like in the US last I checked, it was 1000 dollars in one day to one person, regardless of how small it was among multiple accounts, as long as they all belonged to the same SSN. also though additionally they look for patterns so if you have constant 900 dollar deposits every day for say a week, I am sure that will cause them to report to the FBI and could then trigger a freeze on the account till you prove you are not laundering money from say drug trafficking or some thing else illegal AND have complied with tax laws on the funds, otherwise with infrequent transactions say I think once a week maybe twice a week with occasional 3 or 4 time a week transactions all with a different 100s value (ie one day it is 900 the next it is 800 or 600) and keep the ending amounts variable like 594.34 one day then 935.62 the next day, it might pass with out throwing any red flags. again thou use with the understanding that it still could cause an issue, so seriously there is always a chance, that you will be dealing with crapstorm and possible tax evasion against you if you did not pay on that each time or file at the end of the year with out properly using your money in a way that you can get a tax write off, which should be something we open a thread to deal with specifically,

another option though as mentioned earlier here was gold, which you can possibly use europacific metals to get, not sure what they go through to send you physical precious metals but I personally would go with silver since the silver fix in london is about to go away and that may cause silver to start a massive spike and dip process as it returns to being 100% controlled by market demands again.

"Violence, is the last refuge of the incompetent."
"Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right."
ruggedman_dan
Legendary

Activity: 1012
Merit: 1000

We on P. Sherman 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 10:56:18 PM

^ I think something you said was right on point.

Loading once or twice a week is probably the key to keeping these cards open. Along with actual use. We get caught up going to ATM all the time.

They issue these cards for regular personal use.

-Buy groceries
-Buy gas
-Eat out
-Household goods
-Pay a bill once in a while

Always keep in mind that most of these cards were designed for a target market of low-income working class folks. People who live paycheck to paycheck are not going to the ATM every other day to withdraw $500 off of their cards.

I have incorporated these cards into my every day lifestyle. I rotate which ones I use. I buy regular shit. I get cash back more than I use ATM's.

Ultimately this whole prepaid card thing is more of an art form than a science. We could all be careful as hell and still get shut down at any time.

Every tip and piece of input helps though. At least in my opinion.
Harley997

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 12:38:41 AM

if you go with bank transfers just make sure you dig to find out what their limit on a daily transaction is before they have to report to the local gov entity, like in the US last I checked, it was 1000 dollars in one day to one person, regardless of how small it was among multiple accounts, as long as they all belonged to the same SSN. also though additionally they look for patterns so if you have constant 900 dollar deposits every day for say a week, I am sure that will cause them to report to the FBI and could then trigger a freeze on the account till you prove you are not laundering money from say drug trafficking or some thing else illegal AND have complied with tax laws on the funds, otherwise with infrequent transactions say I think once a week maybe twice a week with occasional 3 or 4 time a week transactions all with a different 100s value (ie one day it is 900 the next it is 800 or 600) and keep the ending amounts variable like 594.34 one day then 935.62 the next day, it might pass with out throwing any red flags. again thou use with the understanding that it still could cause an issue, so seriously there is always a chance, that you will be dealing with crapstorm and possible tax evasion against you if you did not pay on that each time or file at the end of the year with out properly using your money in a way that you can get a tax write off, which should be something we open a thread to deal with specifically,

another option though as mentioned earlier here was gold, which you can possibly use europacific metals to get, not sure what they go through to send you physical precious metals but I personally would go with silver since the silver fix in london is about to go away and that may cause silver to start a massive spike and dip process as it returns to being 100% controlled by market demands again.

Most banks will not set a hard (or even a soft) limit as far as daily/monthly transfers. What they look for is trends and long term evidence of money laundering.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
bronco

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 11, 2014, 06:01:30 PM

I'll tell you secret , guys. Its bad moneypak. even if purchased with cash there is numbers of things can go wrong.
like:a 7 11 employee on last day decides to cash in a little. buying yourself a mp and trading it for btc. then of course no cash is deposited to 711.
haploid23
Legendary

Activity: 812
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2014, 04:11:49 AM

like:a 7 11 employee on last day decides to cash in a little. buying yourself a mp and trading it for btc. then of course no cash is deposited to 711.

Speaking from person experience? I wouldn't have even thought of this.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: