Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 12:21:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin mining - too good to be true?  (Read 676 times)
purplellama (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:50:49 AM

The amount of money you can make through bitcoin is insane! And my mom says that it is too good to be true. She thinks we simply just the bottom of some pyramid scheme.

Bitcoin mining is getting bigger and bigger and I think there will be a limit to how far technology can go, so how much longer can we make money off mining??
sweetNlow

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:07:26 AM

I personally don't think it's a pyramid scheme haha. They say the estimated last bitcoin to be mined will be in year 2140. How much longer we can make money depends on where the price of bitcoin goes and how much you have to risk in a miner. You have to stay ahead of the game when it comes to miners to "make money". Some would say to just invest in Bitcoin directly and others will invest in mining hardware, really comes down to personal choice. Just my 2 cents  Tongue
Foxpup
Legendary

Activity: 4382
Merit: 3061

Vile Vixen and Miss Bitcointalk 2021-2023

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:50:45 AM

If you think you can make an insane amount of money mining, you probably made a mistake estimating your overhead expense (mostly the cost of electricity).

Will pretend to do unspeakable things (while actually eating a taco) for bitcoins: 1K6d1EviQKX3SVKjPYmJGyWBb1avbmCFM4
I am not on the scammers' paradise known as Telegram! Do not believe anyone claiming to be me off-forum without a signed message from the above address! Accept no excuses and make no exceptions!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: