Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:06:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware eobot.com - total crypto trade scam  (Read 1716 times)
QuizMasterChris (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:10:05 AM

Found eobot recommended online several weeks ago as a place to trade cryptocurrencies, which I was just learning about.

They accepted PayPal.  You probably know where this is going.

I sent this note to Bitcoin Foundation today, and I'm trying to alert as many people as possible to what a scam eobot turned out to be:

"Unfortunately I'm a victim of what's probably a common BTC-related scam.  This nonsense keeps up & the public is not going to want anything to do with cryptocurrency, not to mention that law enforcement will move to shut it all down.

About 5 weeks ago I finally bought $215 worth of BTC - 1.02 BTC at the time - via a crypto-trading site called eobot.com.  They also have a mining interface & I'd read from a number of people online that they had indeed been getting paid for letting eobot mine on their machines.

eobot's major selling points included accepting PayPal to purchase coin, and as a crypto beginner who doesn't own a smart phone & who was expecting the currency to take off I wanted in quickly & hadn't yet discovered or figured out any other way to buy.  I PayPal-ed eobot $215 & this posted as just over 1.02 BTC which I was told via the site could be traded for other crypto (which I did not do, ever) but not withdrawn (to protect eobot) until the PayPal transaction refund time period ran out in 45 days.

Five weeks later BTC is up to over $1050 & eobot has a message up claiming PayPal shut down their account (PayPal confrims THIS IS NOT TRUE) & my account shows 0 BTC.  eobot returns no calls nor email.  $215 has been refunded to my PayPal but eobot has KEPT the $900 or more it invested in crypto in the meantime.

I have documentation for all of this.  I want my 1.02 BTC that I can't get back with $215.  This is fraud.

How do suppose I get justice here?  I'm sure it's not going to be good for the future of BTC for me to run to the FBI with this.  If we can't straight up trade in crypto without being ripped off this easily, how is this better than getting reamed by the Fed and the big banks?"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: