Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 12:15:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coinbase Experience (Good)  (Read 770 times)
Imbatman (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 13

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:36:57 AM

So I got into the party a bit late, and bought my first coin from Coinbase the Tuesday before Thanksgiving after doing a decent amount of research on this forum the prior few days.  Obviously I did not read enough, as I did not realize how long it would take for the transaction to complete (Coinbase said my coin would be delivered on 12/3 .. bought 11/26).

I then got extremely nervous after reading about the many cancelled transactions stories, especially the ones cancelled after a significant price jump.  My lock in price was $895.  I felt for sure my transaction was not going to go through, so I found a trader on localbitcoins the next day and wired $1000 to him via Western Union to Costa Rica) and that transaction went very smoothly.

I now owned my first coin and had a second one pending, so I was happy I at least had one bird in hand.

I'm happy to report the transaction went through a few hours ago on Coinbase and thought I would post my experience, especially since I've seen many more negative than positive posts.

Can't guarantee you the same result, but my next purchase will be Coinbase, the only problem is..... do I buy my next one now or do I gamble and hope for a dip this weekend?  Decisions Decisions.

Viva BTC and thanks for reading!
btctrader14

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 03:41:10 AM

Congrats! 

I recently did a coinbase purchase as well.  Went pretty smooth.  They do a pretty good job of linking with your bank account for easy transfers...they have to validate by sending some pennies over, similar to paypal.
BitcoinWalker

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

$Gangnam works hard, so you don't have to.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 05:07:47 AM

do I buy my next one now or do I gamble and hope for a dip this weekend?  Decisions Decisions.
Viva BTC and thanks for reading!

If somebody can give an answer to your question, he/she would be a millionaire pretty soon. Maybe you should watch out for the BTC market data closely and make good decisions again just like what you did last weekend.

Investing with style!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: