Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:40:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Posting every 360 seconds glitch  (Read 1199 times)
westside8 (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:40:20 AM

I have just logged in from my home computer, and tried to make a post and was given the note that I most recently posted from my current IP address less than 360 seconds ago even though I just got home.

Have anyone experienced this before?
gracesfall

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 04:45:12 AM

I have just logged in from my home computer, and tried to make a post and was given the note that I most recently posted from my current IP address less than 360 seconds ago even though I just got home.

Yes, it used to happen to me every now and then before the 360 second restriction was lifted. What I would do is this:

1. Click my browser's Back button
2. Copy the contents of my post
3. Clear my browser's cache
4. Go back into the original thread
5. Wait the 360 seconds
6. Re-submit my post

Hope this helps!

Cynthia
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:10:26 AM

lol it is not a glitch, its meant to stop spam. Will be reduced to 1 minute when you get your activity above 14

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Penteb

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:41:44 AM

....even though I just got home.

Please take a look at the NEWBIE README. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0
You can only post once every 360 seconds to start and there are a few other things that trigger this timer such as logging in and searching.
gracesfall

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 05:42:44 AM

lol it is not a glitch, its meant to stop spam. Will be reduced to 1 minute when you get your activity above 14

You missed the part where he said he'd just gotten home and went to submit a post, without having posted something previously that day Grin It is a minor glitch in the spam prevention system and something that happens every now and again.
Russie

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:51:34 AM

You missed the part where he said he'd just gotten home and went to submit a post, without having posted something previously that day Grin It is a minor glitch in the spam prevention system and something that happens every now and again.

Just look at the post above you, and you will see that it is NOT a glitch at all.
Itun

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:04:55 AM

Haha it's not a glitch.

They are measures put in place to prevent spam.

They calculate the 360 second wait time differently that most suspects for them to.

These restrictions will go away significantly as your position gets changed.
Yadee

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:21:17 AM

+1 It is not a glitch. It is a measure to reduce (you can never prevent) spam.
It is annoying, but I can still bear with it.
gracesfall

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 06:33:54 AM

Just look at the post above you, and you will see that it is NOT a glitch at all.

I saw the post above me. Even taking all of that into consideration, it used to pop up from time to time. I could log in, get up and go into the kitchen to feed the dog and grab a drink, then come back and post and have that message pop up. The alert feature itself is not a glitch, no. But sometimes it pops up at odd times.
node500

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:49:35 AM

My timer seems stuck Sad
*edit ok so now it seems to work again. There seems to be an issue with cookies because my timer stops and at times it wont even let me log in until I do a password reset.
ajax3592

Activity: 210

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:17:02 AM

I hope OP you'r not playing with your PC clock.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
chaffe

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:54:51 AM

Same here.
I don't understand why a login will reset the timer. Sad

....even though I just got home.

Please take a look at the NEWBIE README. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177133.0
You can only post once every 360 seconds to start and there are a few other things that trigger this timer such as logging in and searching.
Bitpoker777

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:00:11 AM

It's intentional hahahaha
Yuirx

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:11:32 AM

Possibly your IP was used by another person. Or you logged in-Searched within that time period which also triggers it.
If it doesn't occur too often,Just wait for 360 Seconds and see if it went through.
ludd

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:19:47 AM

That's some kind of spam protection I guess, but 360 sec is too  much. Perhaps 120 is more acceptable.
Itun

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:00:22 AM

That's some kind of spam protection I guess, but 360 sec is too  much. Perhaps 120 is more acceptable.

Yes, I thought that too.

But after becoming "member," the wait time has significantly shrunken.

I'm not even sure how long is it or if it even exists now to be frank :b

It's that short.
Ronney312

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:19:17 AM

Yes, I thought that too.

But after becoming "member," the wait time has significantly shrunken.

I'm not even sure how long is it or if it even exists now to be frank :b

It's that short.

360 seconds is okay to me, if it is just for newbie and jr member.
regaeta

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:19:44 AM

i am fine with it no bug after
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:10:04 PM

Just re-set your connection (if the IP is dynamic) or wait for that time. Login/search is also considered an activity (Perhaps to prevent ddosing?) .later when your activity is at 10(?) you will only have to wait a minute between posts.
poewerden

Activity: 125

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:16:41 PM

Same here.
I don't understand why a login will reset the timer. Sad

Use the time after login to read forum posts before replying. It is issue only if you visit and read the forum logged off an login only if you want make a post...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: