Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:14:44 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Powering Many mining rigs  (Read 927 times)
Zonata (OP)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:49:12 AM

I seriously searched for the place to talk about this, so I am sorry if it is not the right place (please move the topic in that case).

I am still a beginner in this world, but I am already planning the next step in my venture which is basically selling a fixed percent of my earning (10-20%) and use it the buy more equipements. However, I am currently wondering how to deal with the limitation of the power outlets (15 amp) and the noise being made by a mining rig (in my case, mining with 6 HD 7950, LTC mostly). So, I wonder, how you deal with many mining machines? Do you put one in each room of your house? Do you put some in the house of your friend (easy in winter, but don't know if they would accept in summer)?

I was thinking about paying a fee to each of my close friend to put a mining rig in their house. I would probably pay something like 30$/month is it too much? Not enough? Do you think it is a good idea?

EDIT: Sorry for my English. Also, when I said paying 30$ I mean + the electricity cost (which is around 70-80$ for a 6 HD 7950 rig).
vm1990
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:26:11 AM

most miners get special sockets and wires run into the room from the main circuit. not to expensive

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: