Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:13:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie to btc  (Read 651 times)
RSlab (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:03:14 AM

Hi all,

I am new to this crypto-currency thing and joined the forum in order to learn more about them.
I'm sure I'll get sound advice and info on the forum in my quest to eventually buy and trade these currencies.

I hope "luck" exists ... I'm gonna need it.

Here goes nothing, right ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:07:43 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 10:13:21 AM by Itun

Welcome to the forum and the world of crypto-currency!   Cheesy

The forum is gonna give you all the info you need.

The users know a LOT of things of btc.

Enjoy your time!  Grin
sweetNlow

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:07:55 AM

Welcome to the forum, you will definitely find and receive tons of useful info on here! Good luck to you in your future of crypto-currencies! Wink
maject

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:37:21 AM

me too

【Donate, If I help you】 BTC: 1CAJMRAPXn5HaHBAJHzsHu8RbBjWRb47Z5 | LTC: LiPLbTegJ5jQ39B3xt88jWwpGTZHYoSjwR
Beecoin POOL : bee.updamoon.com | Leafcoin POOL : leaf.updamoon.com | Mooncoin POOL : moon.updamoon.com | Foxcoin POOL : fox.updamoon.com | Gatescoin POOL : gtc.updamoon.com | Smartcoin POOL : smc.updamoon.com
Lobo

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:49:36 AM

Whats up guys...im also new to this forum and Bitcoins in general. I saw the dude on ESPN with the Bitcoin Sign and then heard people sent him like 24K in BTC all I can say is WoW. There must be some really nice people in the Bitcoin community. I have many questions but I will use the search button to answer them. Very excited about learning about Bitcoins and if there is a way to make a small investment and maybe retire one day..lol.

Anyways take care guys and I will be dropping in often.
LoBo
CrypticWritings

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:07:42 AM

So I've been following bitcoin since it was at about $150. Luckily in my small city I have a friend to show me what exactly Bitcoin is about. http://bitcoin.org/en/ This site and particularly the video on the main page really helped me get a basic understanding of btc.
Lobo

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:41:46 AM

So I've been following bitcoin since it was at about $150. Luckily in my small city I have a friend to show me what exactly Bitcoin is about. http://bitcoin.org/en/ This site and particularly the video on the main page really helped me get a basic understanding of btc.

Thanks Cryptic....looks like a great reference site
BlueMonkey

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Need any help ? Just PM me

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:46:18 AM

Thanks for showing it. It really help
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:51:03 AM

I'm sure I'll get sound advice and info on the forum in my quest to eventually buy and trade these currencies.

I'd be careful with what you listen to as far as buying and trading goes as BTC is extremely volatile (which can make for great profits but also losses), so honestly I advise you to get as much knowledge as possible but don't let the opinions of others cloud your judgement. Don't get into something you don't understand as it really isn't going to end well. Aside from that I wish you good luck and hope your enjoy your time here! Smiley
CrypticWritings

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:19:02 AM

I'd be careful with what you listen to as far as buying and trading goes as BTC is extremely volatile (which can make for great profits but also losses), so honestly I advise you to get as much knowledge as possible but don't let the opinions of others cloud your judgement. Don't get into something you don't understand as it really isn't going to end well. Aside from that I wish you good luck and hope your enjoy your time here! Smiley

Could not have been put any better. I'm finally getting a full and complete understanding of mining/trading ect. of coins so I can finally get a setup of my own. I seriously wouldn't advise anyone to do so otherwise, or at least without some knowledge of what you are doing. It is very easy to lose 100s of dollars in one transaction so you have to be careful and knowledgeable of what you are doing. And thanks to everyone who thought the link in my previous post was helpful, I know it really helped me understand btc when I first heard of it. On another note litecoin is an alt coin worth looking into in my opinion.
zengryT

Activity: 745
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:47:19 AM

I am new to this crypto-currency thing and joined the forum in order to learn more about them.

I hope "luck" exists ... I'm gonna need it.

If your newbie daytrader you will need a lot of luck. Expect to pay for your lessons the hard way, daytrading is not such easy

Not managing signature campaigns anymore.
Nickorio

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:51:48 AM

learn more about bitcoin before you go litecoin
MilliCoin

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:05:19 AM

I'm a long time browser of the forum but have recently decided to join to get in on the action.

I've a fair bit of experience trading but I'd certainly agree that it takes quite an amount of knowledge + experience to consistently profit. Although these forums are an invaluable resource in gaining a perspective on a coins potential long-term feasibility.

Only for those of you that are very experienced in trading and related concepts... I'd recommend plus500.co.uk trading where you can trade Bitcoin at 1/10 leverage - although it's not for the faint hearted! It's not just gains that are multplied by 10, losses are too! If you need any advice with this, just let me know.
megaplage

Activity: 320
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:10:39 AM

Hi there,

I am also new and hope to find a good bit of information here - this site is really huge !

greetings
wh1pp3d

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:29:15 AM

Don't rely on "luck" for your success. "Luck" is just a byproduct of hard work. It's like being stuck on an island. You could hope that someone will see you and rescue you while you do very little. Or, you could work hard at setting up as many signals as you can that will catch the eyes of people passing by. Hopefully (by "luck") someone will see one of your signals and rescue you from your poor condition.
RSlab (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:40:57 PM

Thanks to all you guys for the warm welcome and for expressing your concern on this new venture of mine. I am not new to trading at all. The only difference for me now would be the fact that it will be with Crypto currencies. I fully understand all the risks involved in trading currencies and therefore I want to make things a little more challenging and try something new. And perhaps make a success out of this whole thing.

Once again, thanks for all the "welcomes". Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: