Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:21:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slush's pool: is it possible to use the same worker from...  (Read 654 times)
Entalion (OP)

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:09:47 AM

Hi Guys and thanks for this forum!
My question is:

Slush's pool: is it possible to use the same worker from different pc at the same time?

Thanks!
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:11:39 AM

Hi Guys and thanks for this forum!
My question is:

Slush's pool: is it possible to use the same worker from different pc at the same time?

Thanks!

Yes, I believe it is. However, I usually dedicate each rig as a different worker because it is easy to setup and you can monitor if any disconnect/crash. If you bundle all machines onto one worker you won't have much tracking ability should any problems arise.
Entalion (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:18:10 AM

Thanks J_Dubbs! So, if I use different worker, I accumulate in the same account the bitcoin, right?

Itun

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:27:55 AM

Thanks J_Dubbs! So, if I use different worker, I accumulate in the same account the bitcoin, right?

Yes, you do.

The whole point of assigning different workers is to easily manage and monitor your mining devices.
Entalion (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:30:30 AM

Yes, you do.

The whole point of assigning different workers is to easily manage and monitor your mining devices.

Thanks ITun...

Another question: Is it possbile to mine Alt-Coin with Gui Miner (I want to mine, for example, Terracoin)?

Thanks.
Itun

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:33:18 AM

Yes, you do.

Thanks ITun...

Another question: Is it possbile to mine Alt-Coin with Gui Miner (I want to mine, for example, Terracoin)?

Thanks.

Yes, I believe so.

However, for scrypt based alt coins, like LTC, I think you have to download the scrypt accompaniment of some kind.
Entalion (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:37:29 AM

Yes, you do.

Thanks ITun...

Thanks.

Yes, I believe so.

However, for scrypt based alt coins, like LTC, I think you have to download the scrypt accompaniment of some kind.

Thanks!

Questions:

2) How can i find, in my multipool account, the name and the password of my worker?

Thanks.
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:17:51 AM

All pointed towards the same wallet, you can even make workers for just test purposes and use them as needed. Not sure if there are any limits to how many workers you can create, but there's plenty of good reasons to use multiple worker accounts and very few reasons not to.
Itun

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:57:39 AM

Yes, you do.

Thanks ITun...

Thanks.

Yes, I believe so.

Thanks!

Questions:

2) How can i find, in my multipool account, the name and the password of my worker?

Thanks.

You should be able to see all the usernames and passwords for every worker on the "My Account" page.

Here is the link https://mining.bitcoin.cz/accounts/profile/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: