Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 12:53:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FREE BITCOINS! (Lottery Style)  (Read 2385 times)
Itun (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:11:27 AM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 02:51:15 AM by Itun

(Before anything, I want to say that this was inspired by Monbux's lottery post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=354508.0)

Hey guys!

I want to give out (a portion of a  Wink) bitcoin.

This is mainly for the newbies (so that's why I'm posting this on the "Newbies" section so that they can comment), those who just learned of bitcoins, but any one can participate.

I want to have the opportunity to introduce this crypto currency to others by giving some out. (When I first learned of bitcoins, the free faucets all over the internet whetted my interest in this currency, so now I want to give "back to the society" so to speak.)

Here are a few things you have to do:

1. Make an account on http://freebitco.in/?r=49908
- This is a referral link. Signing up through this is necessary for me to keep track of everyone. Also, using this link will fund this giveaway.

2. Do the "free roll" at least 5 times and post the btc address you signed up with on here.
- I am setting the number 5 as the requirement because I don't want people to just make a whole bunch of accounts to sign up for this. This would make it unfair to others and render my whole purpose of introducing btc to people useless.

This is how I will choose the winners (every Monday evening, PST):

1.  I will randomly pick a one person out of everyone who participated (http://www.randomresult.com/pick.php) and award him/her 0.00025 BTC.

2. Also, I will award 0.00025 BTC to the person with the most "free plays."
- I am doing this to give more btc to the people who are the most eager about them. I'll interpret that the large number of free plays shows the person's enthusiasm for btc.

With the current price, a winner will be receiving about a USD quarter worth of btc. I think, receiving this, though it's not much, the winner will have an increased interest in btc because he will start paying a quarter worth more attention to this currency.

I hope that the people who didn't get chosen that week will benefit too with both the "free plays" they had gotten from the website and the increased attention they took for btc during the time.

I'm thinking of running this for a few weeks, thus giving out a few dollars, but unthought of  things can happen and change any situation, so I'm not sure how long this will go.

If you would like to donate to fund this lottery-style giveaway, feel free to.
1HT5LUvM3r7sXYaTHZbkjmXgRumowdptAo
Donations will be used only for this; so each donation will lengthen the continuation of this giveaway.

This got a bit long.. Hopefully I didn't bore you out.

Have fun earning/winning/exploring bitcoins!  Cheesy

Winners:
   Dec 9: 1EVH1zuB9U781fNp8YJsxhheRY5UFrB3Li   ( https://blockchain.info/tx/26cceab2517dfb9f43d072d192286812be585722e1f34f1ae73b65ec585ffe48 )
             1x2jZEP4xLC7m1PmZ8wCgEeFwyGHuXr6j  ( https://blockchain.info/tx/9a0b91608dc87167daadaa5cad1e248b5bb45c6b57c4557c4ce6323ddd95edbc )
BlueMonkey

Activity: 196

Need any help ? Just PM me

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:18:15 AM

I already registered it. Hurmm  Embarrassed
No other option to participate ?
Itun (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:22:11 AM

I already registered it. Hurmm  Embarrassed
No other option to participate ?

Well, you can register again Smiley

Without people doing it through the referral link, it will be almost impossible for me keep track of everyone. :b
CrypticWritings

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:25:04 AM

Just putting it out there but thats only 26 cents. Doesn't really seem worth it
Itun (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:27:51 AM

Haha maybe, but I think getting to know btc with a quarter's worth is better than with none. Smiley

I just want to promote bitcoins, not make people rich through the giveaway Cheesy
Martijnvdc

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:28:04 AM

How do we know the game is fair?
How do we know you're not just sending the reward to one of your own addresses?
Itun (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:29:10 AM

Well, first of all, that would be boring :b

But.. I can't think of any ways.. How do you want to me to prove it?
CrypticWritings

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:33:21 AM

Haha maybe, but I think getting to know btc with a quarter's worth is better than with none. Smiley

I just want to promote bitcoins, not make people rich through the giveaway Cheesy

Ya I can see what you are doing and that makes sense, I just wanted to put it out there so some people who may not know the exact amount they are getting are informed and so people arent fully misinformed about the lottery.
alky

Activity: 36

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:37:38 AM

I hope to be lucky, thanks.
folinze

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:41:45 AM

wish me luck !
Itun (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:12:00 PM

I hope to be lucky, thanks.

wish me luck !

Have fun and good luck to you both! Smiley

You do know that you have to register through the link to participate, right?

I see that one person has signed up, so either of you should go to the link to sign up.
ALbitcoins

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:22:14 PM

thanks, ill try it
Itun (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:59:11 PM

thanks, ill try it

Hope you enjoy it Cheesy
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 12:24:12 AM

The faucet is probably one of the most popular faucets at the moment.
I like it, but it pays out very little, just like all other faucets.  Its number rolling game (multiply BTC) is provably fair.
Also, thanks for the credit @OP! Smiley
malumeze86

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:31:11 AM

(Before anything, I want to say that this was inspired by Monbux's lottery post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=354508.0)

Hey guys!

I want to give out (a portion of a  Wink) bitcoin.

This is mainly for the newbies (so that's why I'm posting this on the "Newbies" section so that they can comment), those who just learned of bitcoins, but any one can participate.

I want to have the opportunity to introduce this crypto currency to others by giving some out. (When I first learned of bitcoins, the free faucets all over the internet whetted my interest in this currency, so now I want to give "back to the society" so to speak.)

Here are a few things you have to do:

1. Make an account on http://freebitco.in/?r=49908
- This is a referral link. Signing up through this is necessary for me to keep track of everyone. Also, using this link will fund this giveaway.

2. Do the "free roll" at least 5 times and post the btc address you signed up with on here.
- I am setting the number 5 as the requirement because I don't want people to just make a whole bunch of accounts to sign up for this. This would make it unfair to others and render my whole purpose of introducing btc to people useless.

This is how I will choose the winners (every Monday evening, PST):

1.  I will randomly pick a one person out of everyone who participated (http://www.randomresult.com/pick.php) and award him/her 0.00025 BTC.

2. Also, I will award 0.00025 BTC to the person with the most "free plays."
- I am doing this to give more btc to the people who are the most eager about them. I'll interpret that the large number of free plays shows the person's enthusiasm for btc.

With the current price, a winner will be receiving about a USD quarter worth of btc. I think, receiving this, though it's not much, the winner will have an increased interest in btc because he will start paying a quarter worth more attention to this currency.

I hope that the people who didn't get chosen that week will benefit too with both the "free plays" they had gotten from the website and the increased attention they took for btc during the time.

I'm thinking of running this for a few weeks, thus giving out a few dollars, but unthought of  things can happen and change any situation, so I'm not sure how long this will go.

If you would like to donate to fund this lottery-style giveaway, feel free to.
1HT5LUvM3r7sXYaTHZbkjmXgRumowdptAo
Donations will be used only for this; so each donation will lengthen the continuation of this giveaway.

This got a bit long.. Hopefully I didn't bore you out.

Have fun earning/winning/exploring bitcoins!  Cheesy

Cool lottery!  It's not much BTC, however, some people would like to get as much as they can!  And if you haven't tried this faucet yet, you should. 

Of course, I just spend it all on the silly high/low game.  But you can just save em if you want.  :p

1EaEzvenWz2nXNQxEyQmkHhfSKxpXeRsyD
lightshadow

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:34:18 AM

thanks, giving it a go Wink
coinseller2014

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:45:44 AM

Everyone likes free bitcoins right lol??
oxxymoronn

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:47:31 AM

cool idea bud!
Itun (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:24:04 AM

Haha glad you guys are liking this.  Smiley

On a side note, the highest "free play" roller has only gotten 0.0000042 (a few rolls) so... anyone can catch up to get the "most free rolls" giveaway! Cheesy
7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:30:46 AM

So the Grand prize per week is 0.00025BTC
AKA the amount of btc my 336 MHash usb block eruptor makes per day?

Seems silly...
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: