Author Topic: Ouch!  (Read 2055 times)
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:29:56 PM

I know, I know: lies, nothing but lies.

But I like Married to the Sea (from Toothpaste for Dinner's Drew), and I felt it's both funny and not completely unlike the feelings I sometimes have myself.

Original Link.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
wopwop

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:07:45 PM

ignorance is bliss
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:14:06 PM

Actually it's funny (at least a bit) and it hits the nail on what most people (that didn't take the time to actually investigate what Bitcoin is) think about Bitcoin.

The real sad thing is, I fear some of those people actually "invested" in Bitcoin.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:18:05 PM

Actually it's funny (at least a bit) and it hits the nail on what most people (that didn't take the time to actually investigate what Bitcoin is) think about Bitcoin.

The real sad thing is, I fear some of those people actually "invested" in Bitcoin.

Well, it's a tempting thought for me sometimes, even if I have other reasons to believe in Bitcoin's long term success. Seeing your fiat value stored in BTC increasing 10-fold or more kind of makes it hard for me not to condescendingly lecture others about it Cheesy

Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
the_sunship

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:22:51 PM

E=mc2 can't be held in the hand either.

An idea is not worthless, except to small minds.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 04:21:36 PM

take that!

BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:25:58 PM

WHO is a full service travel agency that takes bitcoin?

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 04:29:48 PM

WHO is a full service travel agency that takes bitcoin?

Yeah I thought you don't get it.
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:57:42 PM

I don't get it either :/

enlighten us, oh salivous one.

EDIT: guess I get it. you're amused by the price expectation behind the refund policy, huh?

MatTheCat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:01:07 PM

I probably bought and spent Bitcoins before you did....hundreds of them.

Every Bitcoin I ever bought right up until October 2013, was for Silk Road purchases.

I watched Bitcoin crash horrendously back in July 2013. Nobody was wanting to speculate. The maniacal Bitcoin bloggers stopped blogging. It was being pronounced by many as a flash in the pan, as good as dead. Don't deny it. I fkn remember. Yet all the time, us connoisseur's of mind altering substances were buying and spending Bitcoins regardless of what the price was doing or in which direction it looked to be heading.

The black market serves as the foundations upon which the rampant speculative activity is based. Without the underlying real economic transactions supporting Bitcoin, it would just be a piece of shit and would not have come this far.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 05:14:25 PM

EDIT: guess I get it. you're amused by the price expectation behind the refund policy, huh?

warmer Wink
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:19:58 PM

warmer Wink

You awake at 7 am?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
ElectricMucus
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 05:45:17 PM

warmer Wink

You awake at 7 am?

I'm not.

I find the refund policy ironic, since BFL is the first one which has adopted it. And that they are pretty much a regular traveling agency except they use Bitcoin as a marketing ploy and have to use dirty fiat for everything.
Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:54:47 PM

Every Bitcoin I ever bought right up until October 2013, was for Silk Road purchases.

I watched Bitcoin crash horrendously back in July 2013. Nobody was wanting to speculate. The maniacal Bitcoin bloggers stopped blogging. It was being pronounced by many as a flash in the pan, as good as dead. Don't deny it. I fkn remember. Yet all the time, us connoisseur's of mind altering substances were buying and spending Bitcoins regardless of what the price was doing or in which direction it looked to be heading.

The black market serves as the foundations upon which the rampant speculative activity is based. Without the underlying real economic transactions supporting Bitcoin, it would just be a piece of shit and would not have come this far.

Good for you, but what has this to do with my post?

If there just was some way to recognize people that have been in Bitcoin for a while in here, like a Tag maybe, something like "Hero Member" for example.  Wink

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:44:25 PM

warmer Wink

You awake at 7 am?

I'm not.

I find the refund policy ironic, since BFL is the first one which has adopted it. And that they are pretty much a regular traveling agency except they use Bitcoin as a marketing ploy and have to use dirty fiat for everything.

So ? Everybody does that!
I have my doubts those parents payed in bitcoins for the bitcoin child.
Or that university in Utah accepting bitcoins.
Remember the fuzz about Kenya , and that photoshoped taxi?

But . there are some who really accept bitcoins Not many but.. there are.

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:57:53 PM

well said.

and i hope you got to save some for yourself (the bitcoin, not the crack  Cheesy)

hieroglyph

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:39:27 PM

yea I can see how someone could get that impression from Bitcoin at first glance but once you down the rabbit hole it's not that transparent shall we say.  There's much to consider when it comes to bitcoin it seems.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: