Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 08:07:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: difficulty rewriting by pushpool  (Read 451 times)
gigo (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:17:35 PM

Hello!
I could not find a clear answer to the following question (and few more): What is the purpose of rewriting the target difficulty in pushpull? To be more precise, For my solo mining I've set up litecoind, pushpool-tenebrix and cudaminers getting their work from that pushpool. I put the following line in my pushpull config file:

"rpc.target.bits" : 32

which, from what I understand, lowers the miners' perception of the target difficulty. What I noticed is, that with this setting my miners inform me about accepted solutions sometimes (yay!!!), but so far these are being rejected - I did not successfully solve any block yet. Without this setting, my miners do not submit any results so far (for checking it I installed rollproxy between pushpool and miners). Do I get it right, that without the target rewriting, when the miner submits a solution it will be most probably accepted by the network (if I'm the first of course)? Besides the changed network load (I found such an explanation somewhere) does the rewriting make any sense? Is it normal, that miners do not submit anything without rewriting (so rollproxy does not shows that my hashrate is 0 after 5 days of work) until (if...) I really solve the block?
In case that a clear answer already exists, I am sorry for the spam.
Best Regards,
gigo
gigo (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:40:54 AM

Bump! Smiley
To make it simpler (I am a newbie...) could anybody please tell me what is the difficulty rewriting for, or point me to the right answer?
Please please ?
Best,
g
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: