Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 TH/s  (Read 1765 times)
flexgroo (OP)

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 02:38:40 PM

is it even worth it to buy anything less then a 1th/s mining box now? it seams like it will take to long to pay off a box or card with anything less then a 1 th/s

any help would be nice, before i look at spending 5k or 10k plus on my first box
stacksmasher

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:55:38 PM

Its an arms race. Right now no one has a 1TH/s box for sale in their hand. If they do its allot more than 5-10k because its a money maker. The reason the hardware companies can take millions of dollars in pre-orders is because whoever has that next generation of equipment will be able to make big bank before the difficulty increase makes all other hardware obsolete.

Remember, in Feb, Mar of 2014 several PH/s of equipment will hit the streets and make everything else worthless. My advice is to find a good system on ebay and run it as long as its profitable.

eternaluniverse

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:58:04 PM

i know the number value of PH/S but what does it stand for?
aznatama

Activity: 167

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:48:37 PM

PH... PetaHash

Kilo - 10^3
Mega - 10^6
Giga - 10^9
Tera - 10^12
Peta - 10^15
Exa - etc....
Zeta
Yotta
flexgroo (OP)

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:43:08 PM

wtf do you really think ph/s will be out that soon in feb? thats crazy... maybe i will try and find something on ebay for now, and when i get home from afghanistan on the 28th of this month, i will plug it in and run it
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:56:38 AM

wtf do you really think ph/s will be out that soon in feb? thats crazy... maybe i will try and find something on ebay for now, and when i get home from afghanistan on the 28th of this month, i will plug it in and run it

Better buy coins, wait for the price to raise up to 2k - 10k, then sell.

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:03:40 AM

Either buy coins or set up a business where people can use the coins.  Some of the wealthiest coin owners are the BTC entrepreneurs... more worthwhile than mining.
Rannasha

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 09:05:07 AM

is it even worth it to buy anything less then a 1th/s mining box now? it seams like it will take to long to pay off a box or card with anything less then a 1 th/s

any help would be nice, before i look at spending 5k or 10k plus on my first box

The amount of hashing power doesn't determine whether it's a good buy or not. What matters is hashing power per BTC and to a lesser extent hashing power per watt.

In other words: Price matters. A USB Block Erupter would be a very good buy if it could be bought at 1 mBTC, despite it only having 330 MHash/s.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:20:09 PM

5k for 1TH delivered this week is worth it, but if you get it by februari it's very risky, especially for that price.
Rival

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:48:09 PM

The amount of hashing power doesn't determine whether it's a good buy or not. What matters is hashing power per BTC and to a lesser extent hashing power per watt.

In other words: Price matters. A USB Block Erupter would be a very good buy if it could be bought at 1 mBTC, despite it only having 330 MHash/s.

This.
stacksmasher

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:05:20 AM

This.

No. Even if I give you a 333 Mh/s USB for free it makes such a very insignificant amount of coin its not even worth it unless its just a hobby. I and others want to make money and with a few 100 Gh/s you can do that.  If you want to see how much people are making look at the pool payouts. Right now even people with 50 Gh/s are making a good income.

Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:04:18 AM

This.

No. Even if I give you a 333 Mh/s USB for free it makes such a very insignificant amount of coin its not even worth it unless its just a hobby. I and others want to make money and with a few 100 Gh/s you can do that.  If you want to see how much people are making look at the pool payouts. Right now even people with 50 Gh/s are making a good income.

Do not under estimate 1 block erupter.
When I start mining in june 2011, bitcoin price fall from 30+ dollar to 10 dollar after a rally.
Bitcoin keeps falling, after a while it was only about 2 dollar a coin.
With only 5 coins a day I was only making around 10 dollar a day.
Then some people start move to altcoins.
People who stay to mine Bitcoins get even more coins a day.
Most of those premined altcoins already died nowadays.
I keep adding hasrate.
Last year I went to The Efteling (A dutch version of Disneyland) with my daughter and bitcoin start to rise again.
It was then 7 dollar in juli 2012.
I said to my daughter, your computers already earn you an amount with 5 digit.
Everything my miners earn is for my daughter, I started to mine with her broken HP G72. The screen was broken.
And then I took everything I could re-use from that HP to build a new desktop with an Asus 6870 graphic card, soon I was adding more GPU's and keep building more computers and better GPU's.

What 1 block erupter will earn you nowadays is nothing, but if you understand how Bitcoin works, you will know that it will be worth a lot after 1 year.
So everything what you mined today, spend that after at least 1 year and save some.
You probably don't know the story of the guy who order a pizza with bitcoin for 10000 bitcoins.

stacksmasher

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 07:03:32 PM

Of course a 333 USB ASIC two years ago would have been a great thing... over the next few months the difficulty will get so high even 100 gh/s will be nothing..
Easy2Mine

Activity: 854

einc.io

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:08:00 PM

I once have 120 block erupters, I gave already 60 away.
The other 60 still mining at Eligius.

BitcoinDenvini

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:27:53 PM

Offcorse its price dependent, if it keeps rising, you can mine with everything, even erpters will be good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: