Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 03:21:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: India = massive potential  (Read 3455 times)
gsingh (OP)

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:20:28 PM

This could be a next big thing for Bitcoin if we can push to spread the awareness.

India is a huge market with massive potential!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/timworstall/2013/12/04/india-could-be-the-next-booming-market-for-bitcoin/

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:24:50 PM

You would think that someone in India would have started an exchange by now. Go figure.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 04:19:26 PM

yes indeed. i think there is massive potential in india. new exchanges are opening:

First india Litecoin exchange without fees in Litecoin-trading

https://buysellbitco.in/

keystroke

Activity: 900
Merit: 1014

advocate of a cryptographic attack on the globe

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:53:58 PM

I am visiting India for 6 months - just got here a month ago - I agree India and bitcoin will go well together. Would be nice to get a business going here but I hear the laws are very difficult.

The problem is selling bitcoins - why would I want rupees? Other than living expenses...

"The difference between a castle and a prison is only a question of who holds the keys."
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:20:19 PM

I think people think india as China2.0 in terms of the next bitcoin boom. Apart from the huge population i don't think there are other similar characteristics justifying the comparison.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:23:33 PM

I seriously doubt that. Paypal had serious problems with the Reserve Bank of India. They even thought of pulling out from that country all together. However, after lengthy discussions they decided to stay. But Indian Paypal users face a lot of additional restrictions and limits. If something like this can happen to Paypal, which is legal in almost all the world nations, how can we be optimistic about the legal status of BTC in India?

PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:51:13 PM

I seriously doubt that. Paypal had serious problems with the Reserve Bank of India. They even thought of pulling out from that country all together. However, after lengthy discussions they decided to stay. But Indian Paypal users face a lot of additional restrictions and limits. If something like this can happen to Paypal, which is legal in almost all the world nations, how can we be optimistic about the legal status of BTC in India?

The irony on that is that you can trade bitcoins with paypal in india without having to worry about chargebacks  Tongue
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:10:28 PM

yes indeed. i think there is massive potential in india. new exchanges are opening:

First india Litecoin exchange without fees in Litecoin-trading

https://buysellbitco.in/

The system is quite simple. Purchase bitcoins inside India for rupees, place them on a USB stick, board plane to wherever and then sell the bitcoins for whatever the local cash of your choice is. We can tell that this has been happening in China because the local price of bitcoins is higher than the international price. There must therefore be a high demand inside the country.

just another reason we need 'plastic bitcoin' before the masses will embrace it as a currency.
Serge
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:29:53 PM

in mid december there will be government hearing on digital currencies and bitcoin in particular, something like we just recently had here in the us. source: read somewhere in news during us senate hearing in november.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:07:40 PM

I looked into an Indian exchange and it's biz suicide because of all the regulations. P2P does well but exposing any business to the Indian gov is crazy I imagine they would raid it every chance they got
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:32:28 PM

Whole of south-east Asia, Latin America, Africa, Russia, can be potential markets.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:42:51 PM

There are already a couple of exchanges established in India, i've been in touch and already been investigating potential there. The regulation is a hell hole which is the main hurdle that is why you didn't see any major exchange pop up. I believe recently some news came out that the government regulators are freaking out about bitcoin, just study the Gold climate there and you'll realize how hard the government makes it there for regular people to import and profit from gold.

and with bitstamp & BTC-e around it's easy enough for them to just trade there. Indians speak and read english so they don't need dedicated Indian websites. Also rupees are constantly depreciating so going to USD is also a plus for them.

PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:03:36 PM

Where are all the seich's from the middle east? They can buy hundreds of millions worth of bitcoins just for fun  Tongue
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:12:51 PM

Where are all the seich's from the middle east? They can buy hundreds of millions worth of bitcoins just for fun  Tongue
you need to contact Prince AlWaleed, he's a techie Prince Smiley. Should be interested already. Btw IIRC Global foundries is owned partly my rich people from middle-east.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Naer

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:35:40 PM

Yeah, there's massive potential
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 10:02:13 PM

Where are all the seich's from the middle east? They can buy hundreds of millions worth of bitcoins just for fun  Tongue

maybe they could print some adresses with private key on their expensive cars for fun as a promo  Cheesy

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:11:56 PM

Whole of south-east Asia, Latin America, Africa, Russia, can be potential markets.

or let's just say.. the entire world can be potential markets?
Icaris

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:39:03 PM

Brazil as well.
countryfree
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1047

Your country may be your worst enemy

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:55:25 PM

or let's just say.. the entire world can be potential markets?

Definitely, but some countries clearly have more potential, and India is in the top league with a huge English speaking and computer literate population, and a depreciating currency which makes them looking for ways to save their earnings.

I used to be a citizen and a taxpayer. Those days are long gone.
Siegfried

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:37:23 AM

I am visiting India for 6 months - just got here a month ago - I agree India and bitcoin will go well together. Would be nice to get a business going here but I hear the laws are very difficult.

The problem is selling bitcoins - why would I want rupees? Other than living expenses...

I hear Indians have a lot of gold. Trade bitcoins for gold.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: