Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:58:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Would you purchase a physical Hand Tooled Leather Bitcoin Wallet?
Yes--Darn Tootin' I Will
No--Worse Idea Ever on this Board (edited 8-10-11)
Yes--After I read feedback from others who have purchased first.
(added 8-10-11) Yes--If I'm able to suggest the design features of my personal leather wallet.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Theme ~ Hand Tooled Leather Wallet(s)  (Read 7905 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 08:28:07 PM
Last edit: August 15, 2011, 01:09:01 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

The thread showcasing the first hand tooled leather wallets is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37094.msg455590#msg455590.

The above image was provide by Eli: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=21399

It was upon seeing this image that inspired me to write this post and register bitcoinleather.com (coming soon): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=29109.msg435883#msg435883

Whereupon Eli remarked: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=29109.msg436533#msg436533

This thread could have been entitled: All Things Considered: Hand Tooled Leather Bitcoin Wallet

Here's the latest update since the posting of my post linked above. I did not commission my brother-in-law to fashion a hand tooled leather Bitcoin wallet--I commissioned him to fashion three (3).

The first one will be a somewhat basic design, featuring only the details shown in the provided image above (without a strap).

The second physical wallet will be fashioned using design elements gleaned from the feedback of this thread.

As for the third hand tooled leather Bitcoin wallet fashioned by my brother-in-law, I have allowed him the creative freedom to design it as he sees it in his mind's eye after viewing various images of the Bitcoin logo(s), from here http://www.google.com/search?q=bitcoin+logos&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wi&biw=1280&bih=685 and possibly other sources.

I desire input from the members here as to what you would like the wallet to include.

The first three wallet designs will:

• all be Bi-Folds
  • be tooled on top quality vegetable tanned leather
  • all have durable kangaroo hide lacing
  • all have at least one credit Bitcoin card slot
  • be hand tooled by an American artist that's highly respected in the Motorcycle community--nationwide
  • only be colored with a top quality dye

(any type of strap is optional)

Custom orders can be commissioned. You also have the option of purchasing via my brother-in-law's eBay site or paying with PayPal as an added layer of protection, since you don't know me from Adam--even if I had 5,000 posts on this forum and was a founding member.

Full Disclosure: I recognize not one mined Satoshi profit from this endeavor. All hand tooled leather wallets and accessories, bearing the Bitcoin theme, whether sold on bitcoinleather.com or elsewhere, will be competitively priced to only cover the true cost of materials and pay the artist.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Trader Steve

Activity: 836
Merit: 1007

"How do you eat an elephant? One bit at a time..."

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 08:51:28 PM

Nice! If the price is reasonable (whatever that means) you can count me as one of your first customers!
SmokeAndMirrors

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 09:33:40 PM

Same here. I'd be more interested in one without the button strap on it, and black if possible.

I've been talking about upgrading my Velcro red dragon wallet that I picked up when I was 16. It's turned blue from the dye in my jeans lol.

Help Bitcoins by buying clothes, technology, books, etc. through people/stores that accept BTC. This will increase overall value of BTC as well as mitigate unnecessary bank transaction fees.

My address -
1EM9HGg1SEa5Bux1rVEPxGqGSfNTTc9EkC
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 10:32:34 PM

Nice! If the price is reasonable (whatever that means) you can count me as one of your first customers!

Thank you kindly, Trader Steve. We'll make sure the prevailing price is the same (or slightly lower) as what MB's similar hand tooled leather wallets recently sold for.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 10:48:23 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 03:19:03 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Same here. I'd be more interested in one without the button strap on it, and black if possible.

I've been talking about upgrading my Velcro red dragon wallet that I picked up when I was 16. It's turned blue from the dye in my jeans lol.

Be careful stating your age, for I've read posts chastising teenage members. The strap is optional and black is one of the myriad of colors you'll be able to choose from. We're looking at by the end of the week to have at least one prototype finished with pictures posted on this board. Look to see them then, at which time I'll readdress this post specifically for you.
Ceejay

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 11:51:06 PM

I'd probally pick one up. Not really feeling the strap though.
ErgoOne

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 12:10:15 AM

If the price is in line with other leather wallets, I'd get one.
echo2

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 12:16:09 AM

aww took my idea of a BTC physical credit card...damn

donate to1ATLB2mX8Yybu1nAmvKTNEdJxvm61zjTYs
 *Image Removed*
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 01:03:35 AM

aww took my idea of a BTC physical credit card...damn

No I didn't! A physical wallet is being designed to put your Bitcoin card in.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 01:50:26 AM

I'd probally pick one up. Not really feeling the strap though.

Your right about not feeling the strap. The strap will be optional and not included on the basic design.
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 02:10:22 AM

I would buy a wallet from you, but I am afraid you will become emotionally unstable, beat me, take my money, and throw it away on loose women and gambling. You aren't the man you used to be.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 02:52:48 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 03:15:19 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

Thank you for your interest, ErgoOne.

The price will definitely NOT be in line with thrown together, machine made leather wallets. Although the price point will be the determining factor in how many will be sold, the cost of quality leather and superb craftsmanship will be the determining factor on pricing for a custom old school, hand tooled leather wallet in this day and age of mass produced, technology-generated junk.

Therefore, if you read between the lines, they won't come cheap, but will be priced as reasonable as possible.

The following image is an example of my brother-in-law's talent--A commissioned hand tooled leather Geronimo. To view a larger version of this framed art, visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/6023932133/in/photostream.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 03:10:40 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 06:54:35 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I would buy a wallet from you, but I am afraid you will become emotionally unstable, beat me, take my money, and throw it away on loose women and gambling. You aren't the man you used to be.

What if I promise not to throw your money away on loose women, which is, by the way, a misnomer.

You aren't the man you used to be.

Great song title. I believe it was from "Pipe Dream" ~1955, but most people remember this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p877jXoz96I

Thank you kindly for your valuable...umm...valuable...I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU CALLED ME UNSTABLE!!! Perhaps it's because you saw my YouTube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4OzXjOKi9Q
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 03:27:23 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 06:54:57 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

Another example of his handiwork with the much larger image shown here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/6024601714/in/photostream/lightbox/

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 03:40:40 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 06:55:28 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

...and somewhere in NYC, there's a bike with:

Detailed image here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/6024643132/in/photostream/lightbox/
ErgoOne

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 03:50:26 AM

The price will definitely NOT be in line with thrown together, machine made leather wallets. Although the price point will be the determining factor in how many will be sold, the cost of quality leather and superb craftsmanship will be the determining factor on pricing for a custom old school, hand tooled leather wallet in this day and age of mass produced, technology-generated junk.

Therefore, if you read between the lines, they won't come cheap, but will be priced as reasonable as possible.

The following image is an example of my brother-in-law's talent--A commissioned hand tooled leather Geronimo. To view a larger version of this framed art, visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/66151463@N04/6023932133/in/photostream.

Hmmmm....  Now I'm even more interested! Wink
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 04:47:17 AM

Hmmmm....  Now I'm even more interested! Wink

Because it won't be el cheapo or because of the art work?
ErgoOne

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 05:04:32 AM

(snip)

Yes.

Seriously.  I collect art.  I *like* beautiful, one-of-a-kind stuff.  I prefer quality craftsmanship. And I've been needing a new wallet; the old one is worn out.  Inexpensive is one thing; "El Cheapo" has a very different meaning at least in my ear.  If your wallet is good and reasonably priced, I'm interested.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 05:11:23 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 01:13:50 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

(snip)

Yes.

Seriously.  I collect art.  I *like* beautiful, one-of-a-kind stuff.  I prefer quality craftsmanship. And I've been needing a new wallet; the old one is worn out.  Inexpensive is one thing; "El Cheapo" has a very different meaning at least in my ear.  If your wallet is good and reasonably priced, I'm interested.

What genre of art mostly tickles your fancy? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hierarchy_of_genres
Weaver

Activity: 207

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 07:18:08 AM

Think you could find a way to stitch on a QR code with a unique bitcoin address on it? That'd be cool imo.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: