Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:20:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: okpay scammed me of $2000 and they are used by btc-e and mtgox  (Read 3074 times)
feebs (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:24:22 PM

i consider myself scammed of my $2000 wired to okpay which i planned to deposit to btc-e eventually for my bitcoin trading account with btc-e

it is now 30 days since i wired my funds

okpay has stopped answering my support tickets and any new ticket i make they delete, complains i put in their forum is also deleted after a few hours

i call okpay's tel. no. in their website but its just an answering machine, they are based in british virgin islands out of reach for scammed customers, i emailed mayzus financial and no reply

i noticed - okpay is used by both by btc-e.com and mtgox.com for deposits

this very bad company whic is okpay is used by btc-e and mtgox - what does this tell you of btc-e and mtgox

then i stumbled into this article about btc-e below, so now i hope the police get these companies

http://www.coindesk.com/btc-e-exchange-banking-issues/

torexus

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:25:57 PM

how long have it been ?
feebs (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 03:32:14 PM

30 days since i wired my funds, my local bank tells me there were no issues with my wire transfer

take note okpay is very fast in replying to inquiries when you dont have money sent yet
MrWr1TeR

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:18:04 PM

I have two succesfull SEPA payments to BTC-e recently.
Unfortunately I'm still waiting for my account verification, I opened a ticket and sent only my ID, the costumer service replied that they needed utility bill as well... I 've sent that but no response yet (one week ago now)
feebs (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:20:09 PM

i believe the term used is selective scammer, so there will be people with positive feedback and people with negative feedback

this is still a shitty situation for me losing $2000 from this scammer company okpay which btc-e has an option for deposit

had i read this reddit article below i would never used okpay but that is too late

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1crgnw/do_not_use_okpay_i_repeat_do_not_use_okpay_they/
xbithero

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:48:25 PM

wow always thought they were good :0 a friend of mine has used them without any problems
feebs (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 02:58:24 PM

yes i know already okpay selectively scams people probably in the past, currently its wholesale scamming
Mikcik

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:13:16 PM

Well guys, then all of you who got scammed should contact the btc-e and mgtox and tell them your story, im sure they will reject making bussiness with this scam company in the future
feebs (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:16:09 PM

oh i did that, told btc-e that okpay was ignoring me, etc... they replied: contact okpay support
torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:25:10 PM

Well guys, then all of you who got scammed should contact the btc-e and mgtox and tell them your story, im sure they will reject making bussiness with this scam company in the future

I doubt this will help, okpay, btc-e and mgtox all have delays with USD movements. Coincidence ?
ezalex

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:31:31 PM

seems okpay have issues with clients?

any other guys also got problems with okpay?

I recently start using okpay and worry to funds add in it if problems here
feebs (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 03:44:03 PM

I doubt this will help, okpay, btc-e and mgtox all have delays with USD movements. Coincidence ?

note that okpay is not communicating anymore, once i told them i wired my funds, okpay fell silent except for some vague response about their finance dept checking something..., that was more than 42 days ago, i make a new ticket, and they delete that ticket, that tells me someone is still there, okpay is not telling me anything on why my funds are not credited, called up their phone no. and its an answering machine, checked their address and its a po box in british virgin islands, they are ignoring me despite so many support tickets i made, i already gave up on my $2000 its a loss for me, i am doing all this to warn others... DO NOT USE OKPAY

btc-e however is different, they announced that they are under heavy load due to new customers and because of that they have delays...

on why btc-e have okpay as an option to deposit is what puts their reputation on the line... and same with mtgox

no normal company will deal with okpay, a company who will scam their customers

let me define scam here, when i say scam, it means, someone sent money to a company, then the company who is suppose to process my money ignores me, despite my evidences, the company still ignores me, i expect my account to be credited with my money less fees, but that never happens, what can i do, warn others.... with the hope the authorities go after this scammer company okpay

Gerardbitcoin

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:37:01 AM

********** OKPAY SCAM ************************

I am very same here. I have sent 10,000 USD to Okaypay and I checked the money has deposit well.
And I have requested to withdraw money more than a month ago but still has not arrived.
In my Okpay account money is not left.

Their CS team keep talking they have sent money though the bank but it has not arrived.
I had a check with their bank but bank says there was no money send request from OKPAY.

They told a lie.
When I talked this to Okpay CS they were pretending they didn't know it and they have sent it already.
It is more than a month I could not receive money.

They are keeping my money more than a month and keep telling lie to me.
Even recently they don't give me feedback at all.

It is holy shit!!
Don't use OKPAY!!

Is there anyone like me? we need to sue them.
Gerardbitcoin

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 04:48:48 AM

Are there any people who are scammed by OKPAY?

Please reply here if you are scammed by Okpay.
My scammed amount is 10,000USD, I am preparing sue them.
If anyone are same as me reply here and sue together.

Thanks.
pleiotropik

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:54:13 PM

As of today i don't know what okpay did with 2,200 usd i deposited last week and 155usd that i sent through btc-e. 3 weeks ago. i suspect i can kiss that money goodbye.
HASHRA

Activity: 112

HASHRA - MINING TO THE MOON

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 09:36:37 AM

I know there offices are here in London... Surprised there's so many issues. I've used them in the past and didn't have too much of a problem. I know I had to wait a bit but that was it.

Just make sure you show you are serious and show legal steps you will take etc.

pleiotropik

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 01:56:13 PM

"Just make sure you show you are serious and show legal steps you will take etc."   

Are you kidding me???   They do not have a phone number. they do not have skype so customers can show that they are not clowns. their "Customer  Support" does absolutely nothing.

There is absolutely no reason for a SWIFT transfer to not show up in the account. OKPAY is scamming customers and the btc community is keeping sort of quiet about it because they are afraid that the oncoming scandal will adversely affect the ecosystem of the coin.

BTC-E still lists them as a legit way to transfer funds and they are not protecting their own customer base by listing them as legit.

According to last post you have to show that you can take legal recourse  (i guess flying to either london, the viirgin islands or Prague) against the company in order for them to acknowledge their responsability to you?

OKPAY is a scam. As any good scam... they will abscond selectively and progresivley in order to ensnare the biggest amount of marks.
bill_d

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:14:47 PM
Last edit: January 26, 2014, 10:50:41 PM by bill_d

I deposited £5k with OKPay 11th Jan 2014 and it is still not showing in my account. Customer support tickets are unanswered and it looks like they closed their forum down (update: actually just the website link was busted - it's here http://forum.okpay.com/ ) - there is no OKPay customer service number listed. I did call Mayzus Financial Services on the London number from their website (+44 (0) 208 956 2251) - this went to an answer machine but I pressed '0' and got an operator who did put me through to a human. She said I must email OKPay (presumably she meant via support ticket as there is no email address) but I pressed her and she said she would go talk to them! Shortly after I got a response to one of my support tickets, but only to say, again, that payment had not been received. I am going to ring them again on Monday, but I doubt if anything positive will happen. My bank have also offered to speak to them directly so I may try that also. If all else fails I am going to go up to London and pay them a visit and if THAT yields nothing I will involve the FSA and the police. Anyone want to join me on a visit or would like me to attempt to represent their claim?
bitmiggy

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:23:24 PM

MtGox look well rubbish at the mo
bill_d

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:35:13 PM

Please see my topic here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=433716.0