Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:00:07 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Integration into 3D/Gaming Engines?  (Read 605 times)
uMMcQxCWELNzkt (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:05:44 PM

This is something I have been wondering about for a while now. I would like to know how/if it is possible to integrate Bitcoin into video games and other 3D simulations? I have left the term "integration" very open ended intentionally as there are a few potential ways of going about it that would be worth exploring. I should add that I am not a programmer, I have worked on my own games in UDK and Unity though, my belief is that anything is possible if you find the right people to work with.  Grin

So how might one go about this, lets say for example if I wanted to built a game that allows the user buy items with Bitcoin while also allowing them to use it as a currency trading it with other users. Could a programmer write up some code and add that functionality into the core mechanics of the game?

Also if you think about it, gaming is a perfect medium for Bitcoin growth and adoption. Most gamers are around 20 - 30, have some tech awareness and probably already buy virtual "imaginary" items too.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: