Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 07:50:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [WTS] Butterfly Labs 60 GH/s miner *in hand* (asking 1.25 bitcoins)  (Read 3241 times)
viriat0

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:39:39 PM

The escrow service is there to be used!

I tried to negotiate with him, using another escrow agent but no. I suspected!
CrypticWritings

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:41:55 PM

well theres a saying

"theres no fool like an old fool"

and I'm the old fool

looks like i got scammed
i asked for pics of the BFL he sent pics
I asked for a pic with his name on paper next to the BFl he sent it
I asked if we could do a 50/50 thing and he said Yes
so i sent him .75 BTC

Hes not been on line since

ho well never mind

If anyone know how to get his ip address
can they send it to me as a PM

I have a few friends that would like it....

Fuckin atodaso! I already posted several concering facts that just got ignored by everyone.
pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 09:45:36 PM

here is the links to the pic he sent

the first 2 are f the boxed BFL

https://i.imgur.com/5dNBCFi.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IgyMrqq.jpg

then the one with his name on it

https://i.imgur.com/3zvkuNN.jpg
pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 09:47:56 PM

the more i look at the last pic
i can see that it looks like it been altered
CrypticWritings

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:03:12 PM

https://i.imgur.com/zZXvcCp.png

These are my last two posts.
pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 10:04:56 PM

I saw them
but the deal was done by 10am uk time
CrypticWritings

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:11:57 PM

Always do you research before you buy, even with escrow. I'm sorry to hear you got scammed, I tried my best to expose it. Caveat Emptor
pjcltd
Legendary

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 10:16:26 PM

Always do you research before you buy, even with escrow. I'm sorry to hear you got scammed, I tried my best to expose it. Caveat Emptor

i know and thanks
Now i have to tell the  other members in my Guild that we lost .75 BTC

ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 10:56:45 PM

New members claiming they sell stuffs... -> Gets the money -> Never ship their 'imaginary' item -> Buyer gets scammed...

I was so close to buy something from a jr. member, but I ended it since no pics were shown...

Caveat Emptor
c'est la vie.
be careful guys.

Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:15:15 PM

the more i look at the last pic
i can see that it looks like it been altered

oh my!!! I didn't see this post earlier... wow

Lucky Cris

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:19:31 PM

Offered to buy at asking price. He immediately said he only trusted John K and that John K was too busy. Mentioned other escrow services here and he denied. Proceed with extreme caution

I also suggested using someone here for escrow. He told me that he used John K before, which immediately got my attention because I read all his previous posts... anyhoo, he wanted me to send the coins then he ship product. I'm not saying he's trying to scam, only providing insight.

IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:35:34 PM

Just a FYI - I offered more than the asking price with escrow and was refused.

I also requested pictures. Nada.

I advise caution with this new member seller.

PatMan had this guy sussed right out & gave everyone solid advice. I remember somewhere else in the marketplace thread PatMan ripped a potential scammer to shreds - he seems to have an eye for potential rip-off merchants. I believe this comes from having experience on the forums.

Lesson #1 for today is:  If a long term forum member gives you advice - listen to him/her - they are usually right, and are doing so for your benefit & to avoid this exact thing from happening to inexperienced forum members  Grin

Lesson #2 is: smoke more weed  Tongue

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
Lucky Cris

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:21:24 AM

No pics OP? That seems a little concering.

He sent me a couple of pics via PM as I'm an interested buyer as well. I'm sure as soon as he gets back online he'll post them in this thread.

I slightly investigated this guy and although his account is not brand new his "rep page" has 2 responses saying he is a good guy both posted within hours of eachother yesterday and one received free coin and the other got a no collateral loan. Looks like he tried building rep to help in this possible scam but im not accusing him of such it just seems fishy. He is also the only one who has claimed to have gotten pics, this also seems odd. All I ask is to see said pics, if they exist, and it would clearly debunk my theory.

Are you talking about me? You're not a very good investigator I see. The account you investigated was mine... I gave NMC I mined away as a tip to an established member on this forum. I gave a loan of .02 to someone who was asking and had collateral that I didn't thing was necessary because he is also a long term member who got loans in the past. Hell, for that matter, I've sent tips anonymously to a few addresses in this forum. Oh, and it was from another long term member that I decided to start a rep thread. I don't ask for coins, loans, or anything except information. And the reason you see the two posts in my rep thread created so close together is because after I gave the loan and asked the member to post, I sent PMs to other members asking for them to post.

And yes, the OP sent me pics via PM... and if I knew how to post a screenshot of the communication between myself and the OP, I'll do it. Would you like to see the others of me asking for feedback on my thread as well? I'm not trying to build a rep to scam - I've never asked for btc from anyone and never will, I buy what I want. And if I want to sell, I'll take my shit on eBay like I did with my miners.

BEFORE you start trying to call people out, you should get some more skills. It never ceases to amaze me how smart some of you are, but yet lack so much.

I'll be waiting for you apology because it's due.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:24:11 AM

No pics OP? That seems a little concering.

He sent me a couple of pics via PM as I'm an interested buyer as well. I'm sure as soon as he gets back online he'll post them in this thread.

Would you mind PMing the pics he sent you to me my good fellow?  Grin

I'll do a screenshot of the entire communication... can you tell me how I do this? Someone told me before to use a website, but I don't remember.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:33:36 AM

Also the guy who received free coin got them around November 12th or so. I cant remember the exact date but it was close to that. Just saying if he got them that long ago and he only commented on their rep thread yesterday that seems very odd to me considering rep thread was up on the 30th, not that suspicious until I noticed the comments were 2 hours before this thread was posted. This could be all a coincidence but that is a lot of things to be linked together by chance.

Are you stupid?!!! The person even posted the link to the original post that you didn't even bother to view during your investigation. Honestly, this community does not need idiots people like you talking shit you know nothing about. How the hell are we to try and educate when we're passing around shit as if it's gospel.

ALL - it's quite obvious this person does not comprehend what he's reading... please click on the link in my rep thread - feel free to reach out to the two who has posted. Also just for kicks, read my previous posts. Half of them I'm trying to offer advice or something.

Lucky Cris

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 01:38:40 AM

well theres a saying

"theres no fool like an old fool"

and I'm the old fool

looks like i got scammed
i asked for pics of the BFL he sent pics
I asked for a pic with his name on paper next to the BFl he sent it
I asked if we could do a 50/50 thing and he said Yes
so i sent him .75 BTC

Hes not been on line since

ho well never mind

If anyone know how to get his ip address
can they send it to me as a PM

I have a few friends that would like it....

Fuckin atodaso! I already posted several concering facts that just got ignored by everyone.

Idiot!!! You got ignored because you 'investigated' the wrong person... and you couldn't even get the facts straight! lol 

You tried to make someone else look bad and made yourself look even worse. Keep your fucking apology - I don't want it.

Sorry guys for bumping this thread... I'm reading from the top down and skipped over a few until I found out I was being wrongfully accused.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 4345

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:27:58 AM

Lesson #2 is: smoke more weed  Tongue

well, gee

if you say so

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
CrypticWritings

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 07:51:40 PM

Sorry luck cris if some of that was confusing but there were parts where I was talking about the guy who posted. I was just in a hurry to try and get this info out and actually if you read what I said I actually never blamed you for anything. Just saying a few things seemed a little fishy.
CrypticWritings

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:11:29 PM

Also the guy who received free coin got them around November 12th or so. I cant remember the exact date but it was close to that. Just saying if he got them that long ago and he only commented on their rep thread yesterday that seems very odd to me considering rep thread was up on the 30th, not that suspicious until I noticed the comments were 2 hours before this thread was posted. This could be all a coincidence but that is a lot of things to be linked together by chance.

Are you stupid?!!! The person even posted the link to the original post that you didn't even bother to view during your investigation. Honestly, this community does not need idiots people like you talking shit you know nothing about. How the hell are we to try and educate when we're passing around shit as if it's gospel.

ALL - it's quite obvious this person does not comprehend what he's reading... please click on the link in my rep thread - feel free to reach out to the two who has posted. Also just for kicks, read my previous posts. Half of them I'm trying to offer advice or something.

And if you actually read what I said, I never directly accused you of anything just pointed out some possibilities and made a clear point that it was possibly just a coincidence. Obviously you do not comprehend what you are reading. I did not deeply investigate for which I am sorry for, but I did bring up some points which if anyone read could try to investigate themselves. I never meant to wrongly accuse, you just got caught in the crossfire.
thepwnorbpwnd

Activity: 462

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:13:58 PM

CrypticWritings did bring up alot of supporting points on how OP may have been a scammer, he should be commended upon trying to do the community a favor by weeding out a scam.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: