Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:37:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PrimeCoin Mining  (Read 1912 times)
GBGglenn (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:04:34 PM

Trying out Primecoin mining. Using the debug window and the console and i write "setgenerate true 1". When i write the info it says that i should earn 0.02 chains per day. Have been mining for atleast 6 hours a day 3 days in a row but have'nt gotten anything from it. Am i doing something wrong? Do i have to write the receive adress somewhere? Should'nt get 0.02 but should atleast get something (?)

Thanks in advance!
olinnebit

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:36:33 AM

I am new to primecoin mining but here is what i believe it to be;

Chains are not your coins, it is "chains of prime numbers". Is your cpu good enough for solo mining? with current difficulty I do not think it is.

If I were you I'd look into pool mining. I use rpool - http://rpool.net/ - I also use the miner they have listed at their site.
If you don't know anything about setting up a miner, look around the forum. Search for "primecoin, rpool" and read up Smiley

RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 09:45:07 AM

If I were you I'd look into pool mining.

+1 for pool mining. Unless you have a major setup, you'll just waste time and get nothing solo mining.

GBGglenn (OP)

Activity: 123

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:05:24 AM

Okay, thanks for the answers
gondel
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:43:43 AM

Do not try to mine primecoins solo, you will waste your time
masterOfDisaster

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:58:06 AM

If I were you I'd look into pool mining.

+1 for pool mining. Unless you have a major setup, you'll just waste time and get nothing solo mining.

+1 for pool mining.

beeeer.org is another XPM pool that works quite well in my opinion.
If you want more information about Primecoin and pools, you might find them here: http://primecointalk.org/
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: