Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:34:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt. Gox verification/communication taking forever.  (Read 1063 times)
Soutine (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:39:03 PM

Why is it that Mt. Gox is taking days to respond to emails (actually they have never responded to my emails yet) and why is it taking over 14 days to get verified? I made the mistake of sending BTC to the site for trading purposes, prior to approval completion, thinking that the withdrawal restriction was limited to fiat. Now it's held up completely. It's so frustrating running up against this brick wall of silence. What do I do?

(Real advice please...restating the mistake doesn't help.)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Gemminyc

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 05:48:55 PM

Why is it that Mt. Gox is taking days to respond to emails (actually they have never responded to my emails yet) and why is it taking over 14 days to get verified? I made the mistake of sending BTC to the site for trading purposes, prior to approval completion, thinking that the withdrawal restriction was limited to fiat. Now it's held up completely. It's so frustrating running up against this brick wall of silence. What do I do?

Understaffed I guess. Keep emailing them asking about your situation. Im lucky I got verified few months ago very quickly, 2nd day
CrytoEnthusiast

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:13:01 PM

Unfortunately your best bet is to keep pushing as the other person said.
bcd

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:19:12 PM

I have been waiting for 3 weeks now. I did mail them few days back. No response yet.
Loeyt

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:27:56 PM

Real advice: Stay away from Mtgox, the support there is terrible. You need to wait for weeks to get verified, and months for USD withdrawal.
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:37:05 PM

Mtgox must be busy with all the tickets they are recieving regarding fiat withdrawals/bitcoins etc... so it might be a long wait for them to respond,also don't they have a number for immediate contact during work hours?.
bcd

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:56:40 PM

I have been waiting for 3 weeks now. I did mail them few days back. No response yet.

UPDATE - got an email from Gox - verified. The follow up email I sent few days back pushed the verification.
pciccone

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:24:36 PM

Quote from: bcd
UPDATE - got an email from Gox - verified. The follow up email I sent few days back pushed the verification.

That makes me feel a little better, I am in the same situation as you. It's been weeks, and I did send an email yesterday.
motelrun

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:30:26 PM

I sold some bitcoins for USD on Mt Gox around Oct 24, 2013.  I had not received the funds 4 weeks later so I wrote them.  Took 4 days to get this reply back from them.

Nancy, Nov 25 15:41 (JST):

Dear xxxxxx ,

Thank you for the email and sorry for the delay in response.

Due to a change in our banking system we are currently experiencing a back-log of withdrawals that we need to process. Our team is working hard to increase transaction speeds, but there are back-logs we need to overcome. Sorry that we would not be able to provide ETA at the moment

Again, we apologize for the delay and we will contact you once your withdrawal has been processed.

Best regards,

Mt.Gox Team
https://www.mtgox

As of today Dec. 5th I still have not received the funds from Mt. Gox.  I'm thinking about trying bitstamp next unless someone has something bad to say about them.  At this point I'm willing to take a little less in trade for speed.
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:28:29 PM

I've been waiting like 2 weeks from campbx.  You'd think an American exchange would be faster but no luck.  Although people have been getting withdrawals today I see from camp bx.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄