Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:30:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING about Nextcoin NXT the new altcoin is this legit?  (Read 25894 times)
nocoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:35:05 AM

There is a market of BTT accounts. Ppl create them, post under them to bump activity count to 100+ values and then sell them.
And the link is...?
Google gives me nothing except of hacked database offers and I've never seen BT accounts on SR or anywhere in hidden web.
You say it for sure, so you should know.
cinnamon_carter
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 09:36:08 AM

I think your comments below about 'right out of the playbook' are good advice.

If just 10% of people who regularly visit these forums were not trying to enrich themselves and focused on how to make alternative cryptocurrency successful the world could be a much better place someday.

Look I am not trying to bash just to bash but NXT seems to have a lot of similarities between solidcoin/microcash/MCxnow

Proprietary exchanges, devs/stakeholders owning the majority of coins, large coin holders being rewarded more then small coin holders. It is right out of the Realsolid play book.

All of these things are red flags that I ignored with Realsolid and MCXnow. I don't want to see anyone get scammed like I did.

Check out my coin Photon
Merge Mine 5 other Blake 256 coins - 6x your hash power  https://www.blakecoin.org/

The obvious choice is not always the best choice.

LOOK DEEPER - Look into the Blake 256 Family -- CC
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:36:35 AM

There is a market of BTT accounts. Ppl create them, post under them to bump activity count to 100+ values and then sell them.
And the link is...?
Google gives me nothing except of hacked database offers and I've never seen BT accounts on SR or anywhere in hidden web.
You say it for sure, so you should know.

I said this is black market.
nocoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:41:21 AM

So, you can't prove your words? It's not like I'm charging at you, I just want to have reliable info.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:42:17 AM

So, you can't prove your words? It's not like I'm charging at you, I just want to have reliable info.

No, I can't prove. But if u use search button on this forum u may find some evidences.
system32

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 09:57:26 AM

which one is better ? CPU or GPU. I have i7 coree, should i try it?
2Kool4Skewl

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 10:31:13 AM

You don't need any special hardware.  You can mine Nxt on an old computer as long as you can run java.  It takes very little processing power.  It's 100% Proof-of-Stake.

▄████████▄
                  ▄████████████████▄
             ▄██████████████████████████▄
      ▄███████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
      █████████████████████████████████████████
       ███████████████████████████████████████
        █████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████████████████████████████
          █████████████████████████████████
           ▀█████████████████████████████▀
             ▀█████████████████████████▀
               ▀█████████████████████▀
                 ▀█████████████████▀
                   ▀█████████████▀
                      ▀███████▀
TRUSTEE 
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:07:53 AM

You don't need any special hardware.  You can mine Nxt on an old computer as long as you can run java.  It takes very little processing power.  It's 100% Proof-of-Stake.

I've been mining all day but haven't earned anything. I can see only transactions of other people. Am I doing something wrong?
CoinBuzz

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 02:06:24 PM

NXT seems to have a lot of similarities between solidcoin/microcash/MCxnow

Can you provide some more evidence on this

Join ASAP: FREE BITCOIN
Thorgrim

Activity: 336

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2013, 11:14:02 PM

NXT seems to have a lot of similarities between solidcoin/microcash/MCxnow

Can you provide some more evidence on this

I've already stated some of the similarities but lets go over them.

The "MCX" in MCXnow stands for MicroCash eXchange. An exchange that realsolid started so he would have a place to sell Solidcoin, a coin which he created and was not traded on any other exchange. He promised at some point to convert SC to MC but still hasn't gotten around to it. Basically it was a mechanism for him to convert his worthless SC, and MNC into BTC.

Gdex.com was started by a NXT "stakeholder" so he would have a place to trade his worthless NXT for BTC. Even though gdex.com only trades one coin and has only been open for a coupe weeks it is being used as the sole source for stating NXT market cap which is complete bogus and I have said as much in the coinmarketcap forum.

Realsolid then engaged in insider trading and price manipulation on his coins. He created fake volume and price spikes with puppet accounts and the fees he was charged to do this went back to himself so it didn't even cost him anything to artificially increase the value of his coins.

He later went on to even bigger scams with his feeshares but that is not part of this discussion.

I cannot prove 100% at this point that insider trading and price manipulation is going on at gdex.com but it is very likely. Anytime you have a small group of people who own 100% of the coins some of them are going to want to engage in price fixing even if they aren't all in on the scam.

I said it earlier and it is true, there is nothing stopping NXT holders from making the price of NXT anything they want. They have all the coins and only need to rig one exchange. NXT fanboys then tried to play this off saying that all markets are manipulated and this is true to some extent but it is a lot harder for a group of manipulators owning 10% of the coins to fix a price on 5-6 exchanges then it is for a group owning 90+% to fix the price on a single exchange.

This is a legitimate concern.

Realsolid had a scheme to convert SC to MC where only the SC held as balances at MCXnow at the time of the conversion were going to have a "stake" in microcash. Microcash was not going to be created by conventional mining. "Stakeholders" would start off owning 100%.

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:29 AM
After a lot of thought I have decided that SolidCoins will be going into MicroCash at a 1:1 conversion rate. Since the MicroCash economy will have ways to balance itself out I think there is no real harm in moving all active SolidCoins over. The key word there being ACTIVE. Previously I wanted to make this 10:1 to increase the average unit price but with all the new systems in place this isn't needed.

This is going to remove all dead SolidCoins and people who haven't kept up with the project. Currently there is roughly 2.9 million coins in SolidCoin, my estimation is over 1.5 million of them are dead, so MicroCash will likely start with just over a million ACTIVE units but it could be less depending upon people who miss the window. This basically means your percentage share if you own SolidCoins right now is going to increase without doing anything.

NXT is 100% pre-mined. They call it 100% distributed to "stakeholders" but it is effectively the exact same thing.

When you mine NXT for the fee's the more coins you already own the greater the chance you have of mining success. So it is unlike other coins where an outside miner can come in owning zero of a certain coin and start to build a decent stash just buy mining without having to spend BTC. NXT's biggest holders always have a mining advantage over the little guy and if you want greater mining success you have to buy a whole bunch of NXT enriching the stakeholders that started off with 100%.

This caught my attention because I had done some research on MicroCash and sure enough it was going to function very similarly. The biggest holders would receive the greatest rewards which is great when you are a "stakeholder" and already have most of the coins.

Realsolid (microcash forum):
Posted 25 March 2013 - 12:36 AM
This post will document all the things MicroCash does and is to give everyone an idea of what MC currently does, what it wants to do and allow people to offer suggestions going from the current thing.

Hopefully after reading and understanding these details you will see that MicroCash uses the best technologies and ideas from every source and that should place it technically at the #1 spot in regards to digital currency.

MicroCash "gee wizz" details

1) Transactions are instant and permanent. They cannot be undone.
2) Transactions are highly optimized in size and the way they are processed, allowing consumer grade PC hardware to beat dedicated Visa supercomputers in performance.
3) Currency creation is determined by internal investment which involves individual risk, no more wasting energy mining. If you want more income in MicroCash then you need to acquire it through investment or buying other peoples MicroCash. The work of GPUs and ASICs has been replaced by the inherent "Work" associated with having money.
4) The currency created goes to all MicroCash users instead of to the few. Like a decentralized federal reserve.
Our "mining" is more like having MC and getting MC, more simple, elegant and decentralized. It's also a reward mechanism for early adopters (the earlier they get in the the more total money they will make) which is a key thing missing from SolidCoin which helped it fail.

So as you can see there are a disturbing number or similarities between the schemes of Realsolid/Coinhunter and what NXT is doing. I don't know if all this is just coincidence, if RS is involved, or if the devs followed his work and decided to rip him off but these are all red flags.

If it looks like a scam and smells like a scam I don't know what other conclusion I can come to.

http://forums.microcash.org/index.php/topic/737-final-word-on-solidcoin-conversion-must-read/

http://forums.microcash.org/index.php/topic/739-microcash-current-working-details/

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 11:23:17 PM

Hm, I follow ur logic and come to a conclusion that Bitcoin is just Tulip mania...
GCInc.

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 12:34:59 AM

I cannot prove 100% at this point that insider trading and price manipulation is going on at gdex.com but it is very likely. Anytime you have a small group of people who own 100% of the coins some of them are going to want to engage in price fixing even if they aren't all in
There are no other insiders on DGEX besides myself.

It sure has crossed my mind to do some trading with the immaculate insider information. But I don't own a lot of NXT -  I have traded a few 10k's of my own stack a handful of times when it looks good to do so and not detrimental to the market, but I posses enough experience on day trading numerous markets during the past two decades to know that I do suck in it.

So, my trades even with the perfect picture on the market, excellent timing, and long experience made me lose. That's of course because I lack the ammunition and stay clean not "using margin" or other dirty tricks like the folks you example must have done. Based on that - even though I do not lack guts - I really wouldn't dare to risk customer monies, the public image of the currency & my reputation all to such nonsense in this delicious market situation, not to even mention the moral hazards simply because I know the claims of integrity and being a man of his word mean nothing here.

In a small market like this you can track the funds movement from the blockchain and get a pretty nice picture of the situation.

it is a lot harder for a group of manipulators owning 10% of the coins to fix a price on 5-6 exchanges then it is for a group owning 90+% to fix the price on a single exchange.
Yep it is quite simple to move the market for any of the 5M+ NXT holders - especially when there are no fees (you can just trade by yourself) but for some reason they are not doing it. Except for perhaps in a scale that can not be distinguished from real trading. They are either greedy pigs waiting for the real 1000-bagger windfall, or alternatively very clever even altruistic folks, or some may be actually both!

However I fail to see the point on the accusations here when NXT has been rather calm on its price compared to most of the mainstream cryptocurrencies. Pyramid scheme and manipulation? Yes like the whole crypto field as CfB noted above. Scam, meaning dishonest operation? No.

vual

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 05:29:46 AM

I like NXT and the exchange and forum have nothing to do with the founders or programmers. It's just an enthusiastic NXT user making an exchange and forum, they are by no means official. That said, the exchange and forum have worked fine for me, regardless or what other sites he's made.

you are disillusion as fuck, thanks for the belly laugh.
X68N

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:09:25 PM

@ Thorgrim

Thank you for the detailed explaination. I missed the Microcash story, because i paused with Bitcoin and the Forum on this time period.
It is genious how you combined the evidence. Realsolid's handwriting seems nearly the same in this case, or he trained the NXT guys as his students Grin - for a high fee offcourse.

I think its relly dangerous that coinmarketcap.com listed them. NXT isnt traded on public Exchanges so its likely coinmarketcap
was payed in NXT. NXT is like ripple, the differece they got listed on the normal page which is a kind of scam in my eyes.

YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM , YOBIT IS SCAM meine Steuerdatei:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=612741.msg19244732#msg19244732
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:13:08 PM

NXT isnt traded on public Exchanges so its likely coinmarketcap was payed in NXT.

"Public exchanges"? U meant "centralized exchanges"? Man, it's almost 2014 now, NXT will be traded on a decentralized exchange.
X68N

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 03:58:03 PM

NXT isnt traded on public Exchanges so its likely coinmarketcap was payed in NXT.

"Public exchanges"? U meant "centralized exchanges"? Man, it's almost 2014 now, NXT will be traded on a decentralized exchange.
so wrong...
NXT Price is made on 1  "centralized exchange" !
so NXT is even more centralised than other coins which are traded up to 12 public exchanges at the same time! (Bitcoin vs USD for example)
So dont try the old re-defiing trick. Redefining "premine" didn't work, and your try redefining "centralised" was a shot in the own feet. Grin

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:02:58 PM

So dont try the old re-defiing trick. Redefining "premine" didn't work, and your try redefining "centralised" was a shot in the own feet. Grin

Ok. Obviously u don't pay attention to sane counterarguments. Let's stop there.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:06:12 PM

Seems like people are still surprised when one coin pops up.  Roll Eyes
EmoneyRu

Activity: 600

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 04:07:53 PM

You don't understand. There would be no centralised pools, no centralised exchanges. Everything in transactions.
Now it is not. So don't go into it. You should wait until it would be implemented and merge features with PoW approach.

X68N

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:05:11 PM

You don't understand. There would be no centralised pools, no centralised exchanges. Everything in transactions.
Now it is not. So don't go into it. You should wait until it would be implemented and merge features with PoW approach.

I know that everything is in transaction, but you can't tell me that the price finding of the market value
is not made on the only aviable exchange. I understand supply and demand very well  Smiley
So people will always looking for an orientation point.

Yes, i just wait and see where it goes.
But i wont support it.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: