Bitcoin Forum
May 15, 2024, 06:44:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [SOLD] Sapphire R9 280x GPU - Brand New/Never Used  (Read 4118 times)
rudyo (OP)

Activity: 170
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 06:35:12 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 09:18:40 AM by rudyo

I have 5 brand new Sapphire R9-280X that I am going to sell, rather than build into another mining rig. They are direct from the manufacturer and have never been used.  The boxes have only been opened to remove the voucher for the BattleField4 game.  

I have not tested these cards specifically, but they should hash at well over 700 KH/s. Several users have them hashing at 740 KH/s here:
https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7534.105

This is the official description:  Sapphire Radeon R9 280X 3GB GDDR5 DVI-I/DVI-D/HDMI/DP Dual-X OC Version UEFI PCI-Express BF4 Edition Graphics Card (11221-00-25G)

Will sell individually or as a lot.  I will have pictures of the actual cards when they arrive tomorrow.

I am not sure what they are worth, so looking for offers.  Cards will be in hand tomorrow and shipping would be from SLC, UT and they will be available to ship tomorrow 12-5 via any method you choose (at your cost).  I have daily UPS and FedEx pickups, so either carrier would work.

rudyo (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:01:32 PM

Just an update since I have had a few PM's.

This is not a firesale and I do not have to sell these. These cards cost around $330 when they were readily available.  There is no availability now, not anywhere, so the value is naturally somewhat more than that.  I am not looking to sell these for a low amount, if that is the case I will just put them to work in a new rig.

Make sense?

pontiacg5

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:05:36 PM

Those cards sold for $300, plus the BF4 game. I know because I have a lot of them.

That being said, I would purchase the 5 you have for $330 each. Seems a fair deal to me since you raided them for BF4 cards.

Best act fast though, they won't be out of stock long. I have more on order shipping out on the 8th  Wink

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
bdub

Activity: 233

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:10:06 PM

I would offer you 1.4 BTC for the lot, shipped to me.  I would of course require some pictures and legit escrow.  Let me know if you're interested.
rudyo (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:11:39 PM

Those cards sold for $300, plus the BF4 game. I know because I have a lot of them.

That being said, I would purchase the 5 you have for $330 each. Seems a fair deal to me since you raided them for BF4 cards.

Best act fast though, they won't be out of stock long. I have more on order shipping out on the 8th  Wink
I haven't actually hashed this specific card, can you validate the people who say they are getting over 700 khs?
pontiacg5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:15:02 PM

I haven't actually hashed this specific card, can you validate the people who say they are getting over 700 khs?

Help you sell or hash with your cards? Hah.

I'm not that much of an ass though. Here...

These (the ones you are selling) are not the best 280x sapphire cards. The best are the non BF4 version, those cards have 1 8 pin and one 6 pin power plugs. Those hash 750kh/s easy. These BF4 cards have two 8 pin power plugs, and this is about the best they can do. I imagine the old better version is EOL and no new ones will be made.

Please DO NOT send me private messages asking for help setting up GPU miners. I will not respond!!!
rudyo (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:25:07 PM

Wow...thanks! Maybe I just mine with them. :-)
So what voltage are these running and how are you getting 6 gpu's in a rig?  The temps seems pretty decent.
pontiacg5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:29:15 PM

Like this...

They run 1.2V, but are locked. I intend to try lowering that at some point.

You won't be able to run 5 in windows, any windows. The beta drivers you have to use are locked to 4 in W8/W7. You need linux, and you have to use drivers directly from AMD. Any z77 lvy setup can run 6 cards, MSI G45 or G65 mobos are best.

My offer is still good BTW, payment in BTC, LTC or paypal.

Lessaj

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:59:17 PM

Pontiacg5 they're not locked (at least not the older version) but you can only lower the voltage in sapphire trixx. I have one of the older 6+8 pin and running 730 stable. I can up to 743 but it's not as stable there.

I would  be willing to take 2 of them off your hands since I can't find them anywhere in the greater Toronto area. Payment in BTC, LTC, or paypal as well.
pontiacg5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:09:45 PM

Pontiacg5 they're not locked (at least not the older version) but you can only lower the voltage in sapphire trixx. I have one of the older 6+8 pin and running 730 stable. I can up to 743 but it's not as stable there.

I would  be willing to take 2 of them off your hands since I can't find them anywhere in the greater Toronto area. Payment in BTC, LTC, or paypal as well.

Ah, I see. I have some 7950's I can undervolt straight out of Cgminer in linux, but the sapphires won't. I don't think those third party clocking apps work in linux though, but I think it would be possible to flash the bios after hex editing it.
For what I pay for power you are talking about saving less than a buck a day undervolting, and temps aren't exactly a problem. I probably won't mess with it for a while, but thanks for the tip!

Lessaj

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:09:35 AM

I would  be willing to take 2 of them off your hands since I can't find them anywhere in the greater Toronto area. Payment in BTC, LTC, or paypal as well.

Ah, I see. I have some 7950's I can undervolt straight out of Cgminer in linux, but the sapphires won't. I don't think those third party clocking apps work in linux though, but I think it would be possible to flash the bios after hex editing it.
For what I pay for power you are talking about saving less than a buck a day undervolting, and temps aren't exactly a problem. I probably won't mess with it for a while, but thanks for the tip!

Yea cgminer, gpu-z, afterburner, hwinfo, etc all won't show the undervolt as well, only Trixx can do it and show it. Not really sure why since the card is basically a 7970 but anyway.
rudyo (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:19:53 AM

These cards are all gone, sold them on Amazon for $550 each (netted ~$498)
That seems to be the market price now.

I may have more next week.

Good Luck!
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:50:24 AM

Thats pretty silly, seeing as they are just rebadged 7970's. They bring nothing new to the table. Same ol' Tahiti chips. Litecoin miners are making it nigh impossible to get a nice gaming card for a fair price.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: