Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 03:24:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CampBX is being slow - use caution  (Read 1562 times)
Malooka (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 289
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:10:29 PM

This isn't a "ripoff report" but it does give me cause for concern.

On Nov. 22 I sent CampBX a $300 Western Union money order to try them out.  I had just been stiffed by Coinbase after they sat on my money the entire week.

CampBX received the money order on a Monday and by Wednesday morning the money was available to purchase BTC.  I was very pleased that they did exactly what they said they would do.

But...

Fast forward to now.  I've sent them $2500 over the past week (5 WU money orders x 5).  The first money order was picked up Saturday.  Now it's Wednesday. 

Their website clearly states:

"Your account will be credited 2 business days after we receive your money order. "

It's already been 2 business days.  I filed a ticket but we all know how well that works - no response yet. 

I print out a small slip of paper with the "UN / EM" information and include that with the money order (and write it on the MO) so the delay shouldn't be due to confused information.

Needless to say if the price goes up tomorrow I'm not holding my breath for them to make it right by giving me the lower price from today, when they were already supposed to have processed the money order.

Every exchange in America seems to have problems with stiffing people (Coinbase) or not living up to the terms they themselves place on their website.  So tired of this.  This is a decent amount of $$ for me to spend.  I come up with the cash then these companies play games and either stiff me or sit on my money while the price keeps going up.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jski

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:48:35 PM

You are not alone, Coinbase withdrawal delays made me move over to Campbx. I got sucked in too with my first check I sent they credited to my account in a timely fashion, then the next check they cashed Nov 25 and still waiting for it to be credited. Suppose to be three business days...
Malooka (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:08:25 PM

Ouch.  I didn't send any checks because of the extra time, I'm lucky enough to have a gas station that sells Western Union MO's right down the street. 

The owner/manager is nowhere to be found.  No comment from them whatsoever on these delays, no attempt to make up for it (no one will ever do that since it would cost money, but still...), nothing...

And still no response to my ticket.  You can see others complaining on Facebook about it.

starlightfury

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:51:42 PM

I should chime in that I have a $605 USD ACH Withdrawal from 11/19 that I still haven't received. Support ticket and Facebook posts/messages ignored. Ironically, I initiated an ACH withdrawal via Coinbase on 12/1 and received the funds in my account 12/3. I do not have a lot of faith in Campbx. I've used them since 2012 without issue until now. Despite if I ever get my funds, they have lost me as a customer permanently.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:39:13 AM

I think they are just overwhelmed right now.

Also they normally take over a week to process payments.

All in all they are an honest company imho.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Malooka (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:01:26 AM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 02:22:33 AM by Malooka

No, that's not what their site says.

It says it takes 2 business days from the time they receive the money order.  The first time I sent money they lived up to this statement.  This time they haven't.

I looked it up on USPS and I should have $1000 on there right now to purchase BTC with - but I have nothing.

Mailed 11/27 - USPS Priority 9505500024363331000049 - November 30, 2013 , 2:04 pm
Western Union money order #14736252268

Mailed 11/28 - 9505500024363332000017 - December 2, 2013 , 1:27 pm
Western Union money order #14736252271

Money orders: http://d.pictureupload.us/627397101529fe319342dc.jpg

They're sitting on my money just like Coinbase and these other places, while I lose out.

Littleshop
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 03:02:37 AM

It is a shame because getting money in is so hard the price there is depressed.  As the price is depressed their volume is MUCH lower as fewer sellers are willing to move coins there.  The sellers who do move coins there have to be satisfied with 10% or more off the price.   A shame as just adding another person could really increase their profits. 

quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 04:24:04 AM

I should chime in that I have a $605 USD ACH Withdrawal from 11/19 that I still haven't received. Support ticket and Facebook posts/messages ignored. Ironically, I initiated an ACH withdrawal via Coinbase on 12/1 and received the funds in my account 12/3. I do not have a lot of faith in Campbx. I've used them since 2012 without issue until now. Despite if I ever get my funds, they have lost me as a customer permanently.

I'm in a similar situation. I'd you hear anything or get the money please post an update. Has anyone gotten a withdrawal lately?Huh

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
Malooka (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:28:30 PM

Couldn't reply earlier because it said I posted 360 seconds ago or some nonsense - but I haven't posted in hours. I guess everything related to BTC has to be dysfunctional in some way.  Wink

Anyways - great news.  I woke up to see $500 in my account this morning.  It appears they're just behind, but they really need to learn how to post on Facebook/Twitter/etc. about the problems so people don't go crazy.
jski

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:42:05 PM

I woke up to my money too. There is a god!!!!!!!!! I prayed every day. Now they just need to get ACH Deposits working Smiley
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:50:20 PM

How long did you guys wait?  I am still waiting for my missing BTC.  Been 2 and half weeks already.

@Malooka - also do I understand from your previous posts that you only have half of your funds so far?
jski

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:46:16 PM

I used a personal check, I mailed it on the 18th, cashed on the 25th, credited today.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 05:54:52 AM

I used a personal check, I mailed it on the 18th, cashed on the 25th, credited today.

Yeah it may be credited, but are you able to withdraw BTC? Normally I have to wait nearly a week for the check to be credited, and then they lock my account for another week from withdrawing BTC.

Sometines this takes 2-3 weeks.

Still highly recommend CampBx though.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Mattzees

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:16:28 AM

Yeah it may be credited, but are you able to withdraw BTC? Normally I have to wait nearly a week for the check to be credited, and then they lock my account for another week from withdrawing BTC.

Sometines this takes 2-3 weeks.

Still highly recommend CampBx though.

Let me get this straight... You can buy BTC, then have to wait 2-3 weeks in order to withdraw it?  And you highly recommend CampBX?
zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 04:43:33 AM

wtf!! What am i missing! The lock your account from btc withdrawl? Are you verified?

That sounds terrible.. How can you possibly recommend..

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Malooka (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:09:01 AM

To update, they finally credited me Sunday morning with $700 they got Monday.  Not exactly "2 business days" that they say, and if they had it in Saturday I would have saved over $100 on the price of BTC.

The sad part is I would still use them over Co(i)nbase any day of the week.
Jcw188

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:18:44 PM

I see everyone all obsessed with sending funds but if you are planning on trading, there's a problem - you can't get any money out of there!  I'm waiting 3 weeks now on USPS withdrawal that they said had a backlog so would take 2 weeks...

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
ScaryHash

Activity: 529

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:31:24 PM

Yep, I've been waiting since November 19th, when they said they completed it.

Camp BX has a serious customer service issue.

The do not follow their own policies. They take forever to do anything.

I've gotten money out of BTC-E, which is in another country, faster than CampBX.

Pathetic customer service by CampBX.
Malooka (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:40:13 PM

They are pathetic, and I never want to use them again.

They're sitting on $1000 of my money at this point (actually $1500 but one was just cashed yesterday, so wouldn't expect it in my account until tomorrow).

The $1000 should have been credited last Friday - or at least yesterday.

Not with CampBX.  They'll say "2 business days" and sit on it as long as they want.

In this case it's especially interesting since the BTC price on their site went from $633 on Saturday night up to $975 right now.  When it hits $1000 don't be surprised if a lot of people are suddenly credited their money.

Their "customer service" people can't even communicate in English half the time. 

It's infuriating since I sent money at the exact right time and should have had cheap BTC, at least by the standards of today.  I don't have any cheap BTC since they're too incompetent - or crooked - to process money orders in the time frame they state on their own website.

btcsolution

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:15:47 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2013, 08:30:48 AM by btcsolution

They are pathetic, and I never want to use them again.

They're sitting on $1000 of my money at this point (actually $1500 but one was just cashed yesterday, so wouldn't expect it in my account until tomorrow).

The $1000 should have been credited last Friday - or at least yesterday.

Not with CampBX.  They'll say "2 business days" and sit on it as long as they want.

In this case it's especially interesting since the BTC price on their site went from $633 on Saturday night up to $975 right now.  When it hits $1000 don't be surprised if a lot of people are suddenly credited their money.

Their "customer service" people can't even communicate in English half the time.  

It's infuriating since I sent money at the exact right time and should have had cheap BTC, at least by the standards of today.  I don't have any cheap BTC since they're too incompetent - or crooked - to process money orders in the time frame they state on their own website.

Was your deposit finally credited? I totally relate to being stiffed by them - the $1,000 they owe me should have been deposited when the BTC price was ~$190(!), and I'm still waiting on it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: