Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:33:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Error trying to donate Bitmain coupons  (Read 121 times)
Elliander (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 03:48:45 AM

Hi, I hope this is the right place, but I tried donating a coupon (for the purchase of an Antminer) using the email address of the receiving account on Bitmain and it just said

error

A poorly worded error message to be sure. Since Bitmain takes forever to respond to messages I was wondering if anyone else encountered this "error" and what steps can be taken to resolve it? Thanks!

Immortal until proven otherwise.
Steamtyme
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2036

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:16:11 AM

Hi, I hope this is the right place, but I tried donating a coupon (for the purchase of an Antminer) using the email address of the receiving account on Bitmain and it just said

error

A poorly worded error message to be sure. Since Bitmain takes forever to respond to messages I was wondering if anyone else encountered this "error" and what steps can be taken to resolve it? Thanks!

Is there a chance they did not provide you with the correct email? It has to be the one associated with the account. The only other issue I've heard people have is they clicked on the coupon to see what the price will be when they weren't ready to buy and it acts like the coupon has been used; did you do that by chance?

Other than that sorry I've only received a coupon from someone else; haven't sent any.

░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Ripmixer
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄
░░▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
███▀░░░░░░░░░░▀█▀█
███░░░▄██████▄▄░░░██
░░░░░█████████░░░░██▌
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░█████████████████
░░░░░████████████████
███▄░░▀██████▀░░░███
█▀█▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄███
░░▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
░░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
Elliander (OP)

Activity: 67
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 06:24:02 PM

I found my issue. In Chrome, for whatever reason, all error messages were simply "error" , so I tried Firefox where I have no extensions at all (because I don't as frequently use) and then it started to provide meaningful error messages. The address I tried to send to the first time was correct actually, and resulted in a "donation success" message, but when I tried sending to the account name rather than the account email (which had an underscore where an @ should be) I got: "coupon receiver ID not exist". So apparently "error" means something was blocked from working right, and if it comes up it will come up no matter what you do.

Immortal until proven otherwise.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: