Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:43:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Late to the party again!  (Read 2862 times)
brother3 (OP)

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:49:35 PM

I heard about Google when they first started....I was going to buy some shares then but decided against it...The same thing for Ebay and Amazon  Shocked  I am kicking myself again for not starting on Bitcoin mining even though I knew about it quite early...What is you secret on picking the winners guys?
trace666

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:54:44 PM

You not only need to (1) be aware of an innovation, but also (2) be willing to risk your money and time at a moment when there is still huge risk and uncertainty.
Maybe for you (like most people) there has been a time when you fulfilled (1) but not yet (2).
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:57:06 PM

I heard about Google when they first started....I was going to buy some shares then but decided against it...The same thing for Ebay and Amazon  Shocked  I am kicking myself again for not starting on Bitcoin mining even though I knew about it quite early...What is you secret on picking the winners guys?

Everyone claims that they were "just about" to invest in bitcoin. Well, maybe not everyone, but many people I've talked to have said the same thing. Yeah, we all heard about it back in 2010 or 2011 but didn't take it seriously. The fact is, only a few thousand people did hear about it and bought some, and then what's even more amazing is that a few of those early adopters resisted the urge to sell and held on to them until the present day.  

Some people here will tell you that we're still early adopters and you're not late. I'm not sure about that; I suspect there is still a ways to go for bitcoin, but we're not going to see annual 1000% returns anymore. Not likely.

How about 3D printing? Maybe that could be the next big thing.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 07:57:43 PM

In a way, you are in the same situation now.

Yes, it has gone up in value drastically, but it may also continue to go up in value drastically.

Or it may fail.

You should come back to the thread in a year and tell us what you ended up doing. Smiley
uMMcQxCWELNzkt

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:02:10 PM

Can you PM me all the things you are interested in now but don't feel like investing in?
bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:02:41 PM

Wow.... you could be one of the richest people on earth.  If only you invested in all of this!!!  Sucks to be you.  Buy BTC now, you'll be regretting more if you don't.

erre
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1205

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:04:19 PM

i just entered in btc, and feel like an early adopter  Smiley Maybe the btc run will not end up @ 1000000, but i would still be very happy if my btc ends up in the range 5000-10000  Smiley
I heard about btc when it was way less than 100 usd, but it seemed to me so much at that time...

Roll a dice FOR FREE every hour, and win up to $200 in btc ---> CLICK HERE

Tip me using the LIGHTING NETWORK! -->https://tippin.me/@Erre96344121
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 4372

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:04:51 PM

What is you secret on picking the winners guys?

not being a scaredy little bitch?

no risk, no reward, it will always be so

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
bitcoinpsftp

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:06:50 PM

Can you PM me all the things you are interested in now but don't feel like investing in?

Please, i'll subscribe to that as well!!!!  Add me to the pm list, i'll even give % of profit for investing in your ideas.  Love this thread!

brother3 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:12:11 PM

What is you secret on picking the winners guys?

not being a scaredy little bitch?

no risk, no reward, it will always be so

I have the flu now I and I feel like crap of course....but your response got me laughing so hard...I luv it!!!!
impulse

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:15:43 PM

Everyone claims that they were "just about" to invest in bitcoin. Well, maybe not everyone, but many people I've talked to have said the same thing. Yeah, we all heard about it back in 2010 or 2011 but didn't take it seriously. The fact is, only a few thousand people did hear about it and bought some, and then what's even more amazing is that a few of those early adopters resisted the urge to sell and held on to them until the present day.  

Some people here will tell you that we're still early adopters and you're not late. I'm not sure about that; I suspect there is still a ways to go for bitcoin, but we're not going to see annual 1000% returns anymore. Not likely.

We won't see 1000% annual returns forever obviously, but I think we will see them again next year.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:17:46 PM

yeah, i was a tad late myself.. was about to buy some in 2011 but decided against it as i was too lazy. took me 15 months to finally comea round.
brother3 (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:18:21 PM

Love this thread!
The OP should be dancing in the streets.  Bitcoin is at a VERY early stage.  Super early.  It will EXPLODE over the next 5 years as new companies develop the things needed for real people (non nerds) to use bitcoin.  Just buy a shitload of bitcoin now, wait 3 - 5 years, never work again.  Your real problem is: 'how do you convert everything you own into bitcoin today'? 

Stop fucking complaining, and buy all you can now. 

...or, you can wait 5 years and tell everyone how you were thinking of buying when it was only $1,200.

I am not complaining at all...Simply telling my story and asking for opinions.  Please go easy on me....or not lol...Thanks for your reply!
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 10:09:43 PM

and maybe you are the lucky guy that does not invested in Bitcoin and safed his money  Wink

its always about risk. if you cant handle to lose your money, stay out and come back in a few years.

(but yes, iam one of those you would say: you are an early adopter)

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:13:26 PM

they are selling 3D printers every freakin place and lot of large printing suppliers and companies already setup distribution channels for it. I looked around already it's too late for that imo. Big corporations already buy from their established printer suppliers

BitChick
Legendary

Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:13:46 PM

We all feel late to the party with Bitcoin!  Just realize that very little people know about BTC in the world, even though it is priced at $1200.  Buy what you can afford to buy and then hold and enjoy the ride!  In the big scheme of things $1200 could be the best deal in the world.  It is hard to believe now, but when the price is $10,000 or $100,000 it will feel that way.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:17:09 PM

it is not too late, get into it now Bitcoin still has years ahead of it.

beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:20:30 PM

if you're always late to the party, you should ask yourself what you did wrong and make sure you don't do it again next time. if you feel something will truly happen, more effort should be put into investing.  everyone has an idea, but not everyone acts on it.
BitChick
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:26:29 PM

I just console myself with the fact that many of the "early adopters" sold their coins for $10 or $100 even without realizing that if they just held them a year more they would could have sold for $1000 each.  We can learn from their mistakes.  Also, in defense of those that sold for $10 or $100, it was WAY riskier investing in BTC.  There was absolutely no guarantee that it would succeed, or that governments would not shut it down somehow (easier said then done I know but they could have made things much more difficult for us!).  Many hurdles have been overcome to get where we are now.

We are now on the brink of some amazing developments.  As far as I am concerned now is a great time to buy.  There is less risk then there has ever been for BTC to succeed and we are still very early in this.

Hopefully this helps.  Grin

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
BittBurger

Activity: 924

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:44:29 PM

I heard about Google when they first started....I was going to buy some shares then but decided against it...The same thing for Ebay and Amazon  Shocked  I am kicking myself again for not starting on Bitcoin mining even though I knew about it quite early...What is you secret on picking the winners guys?
Story of my life.  Fortunately I had had enough right before I discovered Bitcoin.  I was determined (bucket list item) to be a part of the "next big thing".  Fortunately I was blessed with good decision making skills on investments.  I just never paid attention to the new technologies, etc.  I went all-in on Bitcoin after researching it for 2 months.  Everyone told me I was crazy.  Its a matter of staying up to date with the trends in the world.  The waves where humanity goes.  3D printing stocks was another world-game-changer that i JUST missed.  DDD and SSYS had already gone up 300% by the time I heard about it.  I was seriously irritated. I *always* just missed things.  I was standing *in* the sales office of a new condo development the year of the big housing boom, able and willing to sign for a $150,000 condo, but chose not to.  Went home that day.  20 months later that condo sold for $650,000.  So i decided enough was enough.  I even sent my friends a text saying I was going to start paying attention to all the newest innovations and start placing my bets on the ones that seemed logically to succeed.  So i did with Bitcion, and it has paid off handsomely.  And like someone else said, having the freedom to take risks and being willing to "lose it all" <--- that was the key.  

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: