Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 02:07:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Late to the party again!  (Read 2862 times)
adamselene

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:17:23 PM

If you think you're late to the party, your ass is really going to be sore when you realize that we were all just pre-gaming and you missed the actual party.

I advise most interested people in my life to throw in at least $100. If the Feds destroy the interwebs, then they're only out $100 and likely dealing with much bigger issues, but if the world catches on to Bitcoin's real potential as a protocol, then they stand to be rewarded for risking a small amount of their wealth before the rest of the world wised up to it.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:30:32 PM

Really don't get you guys. I bought my first coins the day after I first read about Bitcoin. I read about it like 24 hours in a row and bang, bought the first couple of them. Three days later, bought a little more... And so on. Just a little each time, but steadily and recurrently.

From the very first moment I understood I couldn't afford to not investing at least a few bucks, pocket change maybe, but I had to be in.

Icaris

Activity: 21

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:39:30 PM

Party has just begun Smiley
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:17:05 AM

There is at the least 2 more 10 baggers in Bitcoin valuation in my opinion.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:30:16 AM

Can you PM me all the things you are interested in now but don't feel like investing in?

I second this. Maybe you have found the next Google or BTC :-)
BitDreams

Activity: 503
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:33:58 AM

Check out the chart on post 97 of this thread for some ideas:    https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=322058.0;all
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:39:02 AM

Same, back when they were penny stocks I had over 100. sold out, left, came back when they were $100 bought ten and sat for a while, than we had a family issue and had to pool everything I could get.. Sold them off..

And now.
Sigh.

So I'm buying up. slowly. what I can

And I've decided. I will NOT sell unless I have the funds in BTC to pay off ALL my debt, which would include my home.
If this means I loose it all. so be it. If I see that much increase, cash out and it triples the next day. I'll be happy.

Had I hung onto my original 100, and increased slowly since, I'd be in that situation now... Sigh.

Live and learn.

I also ensure I buy 100 or so of each new promising coin. never that much and who knows!
kellrobinson

Activity: 304
Merit: 380

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:10:14 AM

The coolest people always come to the party fashionably late (hint).
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:20:34 AM

Yea everyone has "heard" of something big back when no one gave a fuck about it. Everyone's hindsight vision is 20/20

I could have invented facebook but I chose not to

Shut the fuck up OP

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
cverity

Activity: 31

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:31:53 AM

If you believe there is a reasonable chance for general worldwide adoption, then in my opinion anyone getting into BitCoin today is right on time to the party.  You may not have been early to the party, but you weren't late either.  Even many of those that did arrive early, gave them away on pizzas.  I suspect the number of people who hoarded massive quantities from the early days is actually pretty small.

There will only be 21 million BTC.  The world's population is 7.1 billion (7100 million).  Evenly divided, every person could only have .003BTC

Over $100 million was stolen the other day and it wasn't front page news on general media sites.  Clearly the general public hasn't caught on yet. Its our responsibility, and in our interest, to see that they do by removing roadblocks (technical complexity, fear, difficulties in acquiring them, etc). This community has made amazing strides to that end over the past year and I have confidence that we will continue to do so.

$1100 is dirt cheap.  I am mining and purchasing every BTC I possibly can.
HoboTheClown

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:45:48 AM

If you can afford to play a tiny bit.  its still worth it.  I on the other hand regret on invest my money into the coins.  Instead I invested in equipment which would have equated hundreds of thousands of dollars at todays bitcoin value.  Soooo, just gotta go with it and decide with you think is best for yourself.  It's like the lottery,  some people will tell you, it's not worth it and the winners will tell you, gotta pay to play.  I had a friend who told me to invest in Apple.  It was $100 too rich for me then.   Now... well,  yeah,  I'd have been richer now if I only invested in 10 shares Smiley

jballs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 11:00:11 AM

I would suggest stop mindfucking yourself.

Or, go to vegas. Stand at the roulette wheel. Pretend you put a thousand bucks on the right number twice in a row.

Keep doing it all night until it sets in. You miss opportunities every minute of every day. Just because you were vaguely aware of one of them means absolutely nothing.

Bitcoin was balls out risk. Still is, all these paper millionaires could walk empty handed or damn near. I looked into it, decided I didn't understand it, and that was the end of that because I don't invest in things I don't understand.

I still don't understand much of it. But I understand bull markets. So I'm in.

All it would take to knock btc into the ground (from these levels at least) is a major asset seizure, like shutting mtgox on laundering accusations. It would survive but it would take all the spec interest out of it. I don't expect that to happen but 1% chance? For sure.

These guys totally earned the rewards, there was no easy money about it. And if you look at the breakdown of the large holders there are only about 10,000 worldwide. If it had been a no brainer that would be a much higher number.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
Abdussamad
Legendary

Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:34:03 AM

Or, go to vegas. Stand at the roulette wheel. Pretend you put a thousand bucks on the right number twice in a row.

Keep doing it all night until it sets in. You miss opportunities every minute of every day. Just because you were vaguely aware of one of them means absolutely nothing.

Bitcoin was balls out risk. Still is, all these paper millionaires could walk empty handed or damn near. I looked into it, decided I didn't understand it, and that was the end of that because I don't invest in things I don't understand.

If you want to learn about it you can, you know. There is a technical support forum where you can ask specific questions and get answers. It can help to understand the basics.
techstorm2

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:46:07 AM

It depends what your risk appetite is, that said you could still have put $500 into bitcoin in 2009 and be minted by now, would $500 seem a big risk? or even mined with your CPU at minimal cost.

Grin

Dime 7Q3cZtyJemmE8pJsrYgX24mHnkqZX6M6hP
BTC 18vbvovBeM5ZTZqR5ZWAy75EXE7qTNipuo
Mooncoin 2QgyivUMa7Zun6oPdxeE1yry1aNp5hqrDb
LTC Lg3UYGCAe3Tb146PiMqeGNLR7bnjdM447d
Doge DPd1XejW8TabJu5gfjyKnuQYQ9Vzw1anXN
techstorm2

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:54:20 AM

converesly I invested in betamax, myspace, bernie madoff, only joking but you see my point, whos to say youre investing in a winner.

My philosophy on investing, if you cant afford to lose it, dont use it.

I spent less than a £1000 on mining kit and have mined a good deal of BTC & LTC, money i can afford to lose.

Dime 7Q3cZtyJemmE8pJsrYgX24mHnkqZX6M6hP
BTC 18vbvovBeM5ZTZqR5ZWAy75EXE7qTNipuo
Mooncoin 2QgyivUMa7Zun6oPdxeE1yry1aNp5hqrDb
LTC Lg3UYGCAe3Tb146PiMqeGNLR7bnjdM447d
Doge DPd1XejW8TabJu5gfjyKnuQYQ9Vzw1anXN
jballs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 11:55:36 AM

If you want to learn about it you can, you know. There is a technical support forum where you can ask specific questions and get answers. It can help to understand the basics.

Thanks, and I have certainly learned a lot in the short time I have been here. I have been in the financial markets my whole life so the concepts are not lost on me. But understanding all the aspects of how the cryptography works, the blockchain, the mining, what exactly is happening through all of it is some highbrow shit and I am not positive that I am even smart enough to get it, not on a level that I would have much to contribute anyway. I wonder how many people totally get it. Only 11,000 people with 1k coins or more... says a lot about those people and a lot about the complexity of it all.

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:02:04 PM

If you invest now in Bitcoin, you are still an early adopter. We are far from having a massive global adoption of Bitcoin. I think it will happen in about 2 years, the price will be at least hundred time this.
mikeymillie

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:56:28 PM

Most of the people you interact with on a daily basis have yet to hear of Bitcoin.  You only feel like you missed the boat because you are now immersed in the community surrounding it, where everyone by definition has already heard of it. 

I make a point of asking everyone I buy things from - the gas station attendant, the maitre'd, the guy selling Christmas wreaths near my office - if - by chance - they take payment in bitcoin yet.  Just taking an informal tally and also piquing their interest which usually leads to a quick 'sales pitch' where I explain it is like email for money, negligible transaction fees, pay by phone on the spot with no card needed, etc.  I don't even bring up the speculation aspect, i leave that for them to discover on their own.  So far I am 0 for 20 (at least 20, probably a handful more).  Nobody outside a small slice of people who have interest in technology and to a lesser extent, finance, have ever even heard of it.  I am sure they might have seen it on the news in passing but if so it apparently hasn't sunk in yet.

Bitcoin, or something very like it, is going to be with us for a long time.
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 12:16:01 AM

I heard about Google when they first started....I was going to buy some shares then but decided against it...The same thing for Ebay and Amazon  Shocked  I am kicking myself again for not starting on Bitcoin mining even though I knew about it quite early...What is you secret on picking the winners guys?

the secret is to invest in what you feel passionate about, don't look to make money, look to enrich yourself.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: