Bitcoin Forum
July 09, 2024, 09:54:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I have been slandered on here  (Read 412 times)
johnboy0424 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:12:28 PM

I recently participated in a transaction where I sold bitcoins on local exchange.

Unfortunately, I used paypal to receive the funds which I know realize was not the wisest answer.

Since then, one has been charged back.

Additionally, one must have been funded by me sending him bitcoins and he had someone else pay me.

Now the person that payed me is slandering me with emails and posting my info/picture here.

I want to get it removed as I am not the user he thinks I am.

Please help or advise.

Lucky Cris

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:29:15 PM

Can you give inquiring mines a tidbit more information?

Links to the posts?
How/where were the Paypal transactions originate?
What are the scammers' usernames at the exchange?
How much were the transactions (okay, this is pure nosiness at this point)
Etc.

So it sounds like the person who's slandering you was the other victim in this man in the middle attack (I'm learning so much about scams from this site).... if that's the case, the two of you should at least try to work together and find out who scammed you. The scammer had to have reached out the the other victim and got him to pay somehow, right?

It's an adventure! The two of you working together playing bitcoin thief detective Tongue

RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:44:29 PM

Paypal really wants nothing to do with bitcoin transactions. You'll have to post more info to get some help though.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: