Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:52:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Order kncminer to EU and then return VAT?  (Read 785 times)
Tornate (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:41:45 PM

Guys, I am not a EU citizen, but have friends in EU.
I want to preorder KNCMiner to my friend's addreess, using his name on shipping address and my name on billing address.
When the miner ships, I will fly to him to pick up the miner.
How can I return VAT at the airport when leaving with miner? What papers do I need to request from kncminer?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
madsusies

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:01:39 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 09:24:16 PM by madsusies

In EU, mostly only if you use your friend address and vat number  when you make a pre order. But this is not like in usa the tax return is only (In most states)  for people having own company or for self-employed they can ask tax return each 3 months (in slovakia) its limited base on type of jobs - for cars computer stuff you need for business

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:04:32 PM

Guys, I am not a EU citizen, but have friends in EU.
I want to preorder KNCMiner to my friend's addreess, using his name on shipping address and my name on billing address.
When the miner ships, I will fly to him to pick up the miner.
How can I return VAT at the airport when leaving with miner? What papers do I need to request from kncminer?
http://customs.hmrc.gov.uk/channelsPortalWebApp/channelsPortalWebApp.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=pageVAT_ShowContent&id=HMCE_CL_000141&propertyType=document

Why though? Just get it delivered to your non eu address and dont pay VAT at all.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
madsusies

Activity: 428
Merit: 250

BitcoinEvo [$XBTE]

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:16:39 PM

VAT pay by knc everyone because they as company need give the "VAT" to government (the government check that annually) , the question is if he can get back the vat amount

▬▬ • • •  BITCOINEVO $XBTE FREE AIRDROP LIVE NOW   • • • ▬▬
▌▌  Secure, decentralised & distributed cryptocurrency with sidechain technology*, on-chain dapps support*, xPoS and zero-proof anonymous transactions*.  ▐▐
Biffa
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:21:55 PM

VAT pay by knc everyone because they as company need give the "VAT" to government (the government check that annually) , the question is if he can get back the vat amount

Not true. Knc only charge VAT to orders being delivered to EU countries. If it is being shipped to a non EU country then there is no VAT added to the invoice.

All KNC prices are without VAT.

It is added at the end for EU country delivery destinations unless you have a VAT number.

Mine @ pools that pay Tx fees & don't mine empty blocks :: kanopool :: ckpool ::
Should bitmain create LPM for all models?
:: Dalcore's Crypto Mining H/W Hosting Directory & Reputation ::
Tornate (OP)

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:36:54 PM

Not true. Knc only charge VAT to orders being delivered to EU countries. If it is being shipped to a non EU country then there is no VAT added to the invoice.

It is added at the end for EU country delivery destinations unless you have a VAT number.
In Russia customs fee is 25%. Also KNCMiner declares full price in customs invoice. That means I will have to pay 25% * 13000 = 3250.
Gator-hex

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:56:57 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 10:08:29 PM by Gator-hex

This is how it's supposed to work..

KnC have to charge VAT to everyone in the EU.

If it's for export outside the EU no VAT.

If you picked it up from KnC in the EU (as a tourist) they would charge VAT and give you a form to have stamped as you go through the airport, you return this form, then they would issue a VAT refund to you.

Internet / mail order is excluded, you have to pick it up in person and take it out of the country withing 3 months of purchase, I believe to qualify as a VAT free tourist purchase.

CryptoCluster

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:02:41 PM

You would have to find friend that runs business in EU with valid EU VAT number. He will then buy it without VAT, and can send it to you with lower value declared. But he might be in trouble if government tax department asks him where is his device.
Unless you will leave him with box of fans to show if anyone asks :-)

Best idea is to buy it as EU VAT registered company and let it mine here, in EU. But remember that our energy prices are large as hell.

"The cumulative development of a medium of exchange on the free market — is the only way money can become established. ... government is powerless to create money for the economy; it can only be developed by the processes of the free market." M. N. Rothbard
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 07:09:10 PM

In Russia customs fee is 25%. Also KNCMiner declares full price in customs invoice. That means I will have to pay 25% * 13000 = 3250.

That's not EU VAT, that - as you say - a customs fee from Russia.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: