Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 02:00:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mining cryptocurrencies with ASICs?!  (Read 498 times)
hdbuck (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:07:56 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 10:43:22 PM by hdbuck

Hello fellows mining speculators,

As I have made some previous research without been able to clearly answer this question, i am sure someone can enlighten me with his knowledge here (although i am not sure this is the right place on this forum for such topic).  Smiley

So here we go :

Is it, or will it be possible at some point to mine other cryptocurrencies with old (or even new) bitcoin ASICs?
My point beeing would it be possible to do so with some good old gear that has a "low" computing power (for example BFL miners <20GHs) and with which it is not "worth" mining bitcoin anymore ?

I have heard that litecoin ASICs are in the "pipe", and that it would then be possible to extract their "configurations" that has specifically been developed to mine litecoins and implement them on previous bitcoin ASICs. There is also merged mining that already makes it possible to mine other alt-coins whilst mining BTCs. So, could we, at some point, mine any type of coins with any kind of ASICs?

Thx for the heads up in advance!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: