Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:43:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt.Gox is sitting on my funds.  (Read 1042 times)
britta (OP)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:01:05 PM

So i wired some money to mt.gox and received an email saying:

-----Your Deposit has been put on hold as a result of our confirmation process.

-----In order to finalize the transaction we require invoice of the transfer with your name and address written on the document.

No details as to what exactly the invoice is to say nor and address to send to were given, whether it needed to be from me or my bank, hard or digital copy, etc.

Several support things have been sent in which have all gone unanswered.

Is this normal behaviour?  Has anyone else encountered this and if so, what did you do?

markjamrobin

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:02:43 PM

-----In order to finalize the transaction we require invoice of the transfer with your name and address written on the document.

No details as to what exactly the invoice is to say nor and address to send to were given, whether it needed to be from me or my bank, hard or digital copy, etc.

Is this normal behaviour?  Has anyone else encountered this and if so, what did you do?

Don't use Gox. Gox has been having "troubles", you are better off using another exchange.

Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:14:28 PM

Is this normal behaviour?  Has anyone else encountered this and if so, what did you do?

Wow, haven't read of that one. I bet they want a scan of your bank statement, which typically has your name and address on it. But don't banks only send those out once per month? Maybe you can request it from your bank for a fee? Then I would remove all irrelevant transactions and other private details.

Basically, they have to make sure that the account the money comes from belongs to you. It's a money laundering issue. Future deposits from the same account should not be delayed. It would be nice if they announced that beforehand, so one could verify an account before sending and freezing money.

As to where. There is a support website where I bet you can upload it. Sadly, they are not the fastest to reply. Was the chat any useful?
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:15:38 PM

Yes it is normal for Gox, i suggest you comply with their requirements and go ahead and send them all documentation. They have alot of volume so it may take sometime for them to answer back.

My suggestion, use bitstamp it's the only exchange who are really serious about their business. Constantly upgrading their hardware and hiring staff all the time

britta (OP)

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:49:00 PM

Thanx barek, bank emailed asking them to send a scanned copy of an statement to me (as i am out of the country).

they never have anyone available for chat, and not a single support request has been answered.  any emails sent to mt.gox have been automatically sent to the support service, which means they will go unanswered too.

Gigacoin, i would comply if they actually responded to my support tickets which asked them what an "invoice of transfer" was.  I've never heard of this term, and neither has google apparently.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 10:56:58 PM

sent the papers and you will be fine. be a little patient, they are not waiting the whole day in front of the computer.

but its true that there were some problems with gox in the past but they never scammed someone.

Barek

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:04:18 PM

I think your best bet is to have one ticket only and update it if you feel like you have waited too long without a reply.

Also remember there is a language barrier and their support is not necessarily fluent in English. Keep things simple, polite, and don't take offense if something is not immediately clear. A good example for a translation mistake is the "invoice of transfer". I bet it now makes sense when you think about it.

TheFootMan

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:14:47 PM

This is perfectly normal with MtGox. Just make a digital copy, like a pdf, and send it pr. e-mail.
Miles

Activity: 15

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:10:35 AM

What percentage does Mt Gox take for the transfer?
dancingnancy

Activity: 661

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 12:27:56 AM

Gox has been sitting on our bitcoinica money for about 2 years almost it seems. So, seems about right.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 01:44:17 AM

Why would anybody send money to gox right now? You can buy for nearly 10% cheaper on bitstamp/btc-e?!

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
TheFootMan

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 03:26:03 PM

Why would anybody send money to gox right now? You can buy for nearly 10% cheaper on bitstamp/btc-e?!

why would anyone buy a pizza at the gas station  when you can get it a lot cheaper in a supermarket?
ZooKeeper74

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 07:10:44 AM

Contact your bank, apparently the bank that handles certain wires are refusing to send to MTGOX,due to their better judgement. I got my wire returned, the Japanese bank literally refused to to send my money to MtCrox because of the shitstorm their involved in.  They paid my wire fee's and everything.

MTCROX's BANKS DONT EVEN WANT TO DEAL WITH THEM ANYMORE
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: