Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 01:11:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I cant understand cex.io investors  (Read 8386 times)
lerelerele (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:07:05 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2014, 09:08:39 PM by lerelerele

The last week, with the last difficulty and 900$/BTC the price in cex.io was 0,086BTC/Ghs or 77$/Ghs

With simple maths 77$ minus 16%= 65,016$ / 1200$/BTC = 0,054BTC/Ghs for the same bitcoin production.

¿Are we stupid? ¿are we paying less than the real price the last week or more this week?

I cant understand cex.io investors.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 19/01/14
Cex.io Price for 1 GH/s: 0.046BTC

Diff. inc.       1 Year Production             Profft

15%                       0.052BTC              0.006 (13%)

20%                       0.043BTC             -0.003 (-6%)

25%                       0,037BTC             -0.009 (-19%)
z00KB99

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:23:36 PM

no but they think their customers are  Grin
IYFTech

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

WANTED: Active dev to fix & re-write p2pool in C

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:28:29 PM

+1

They think right:   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=347053.0

Wink

-- Smiley  Thank you for smoking  Smiley --  If you paid VAT to dogie for items you should read this thread:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1018906.0
Current C

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:32:39 AM

Consider this scenario.

I have 1 btc. I buy some ghs on the exchange for say .07btc per ghs. i mine with it for a few days I make some more btc with it. Then sell my position in the exchange because the price of ghs went up to .075.

Its like getting dividends. Also you can trade on the exchange 24 hours a day.

Its not as simple as buy cloudmining from bfl that doesnt even start yet.. it starts right away.

Mind you, it isnt perfect, but you dont have to wait on a preorder set it up wait for shipping pay for electricity, keep your cat off your miner.. etc. it just works.

so that piece of mind is worth a premium alone, but you also get to make profits trading too should you be so inclined.

i lost about 20% there and pulled out. theres serious price manipulation going on. but if youre paying attention you can profit from it too.
lerelerele (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:17:35 AM

Consider this scenario.

I have 1 btc. I buy some ghs on the exchange for say .07btc per ghs. i mine with it for a few days I make some more btc with it. Then sell my position in the exchange because the price of ghs went up to .075.

Its not as simple as buy cloudmining from bfl that doesnt even start yet.. it starts right away.

Mind you, it isnt perfect, but you dont have to wait on a preorder set it up wait for shipping pay for electricity, keep your cat off your miner.. etc. it just works.

so that piece of mind is worth a premium alone, but you also get to make profits trading too should you be so inclined.

i lost about 20% there and pulled out. theres serious price manipulation going on. but if youre paying attention you can profit from it too.

Ok, I think you are right but, it isnt the same the last week? you can trade and blablabla but the price was better than this week.
restart32

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:13:39 AM

Consider this scenario.

Yep, bought around 50ghs, mined with it for couple of weeks before selling everything and still getting a profit alone by just selling my ghs. It was around 0.067 and now its reaching 0.73
fs2k155

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 04:18:42 PM

Or think about it this way: It is a medium to high risk investment that pays 23% interest monthly. (at 0.07/GH and today's difficulty). Slightly better if you reinvest (compound) that interest by buying additional GHS on a regular basis with your interest. Obviously the "interest" will continue declining as difficulty increases which is why over a long period of time the average returns are going to be worse because the cost/GHS will continue to decrease in line with the "interest".

Don't think of it as buying mining power but rather from the investment/returns perspective and it makes a lot more sense.

I've seen posts where people say the GHS price should be 0.03. If someone was offering you an investment that made better than 10%/week and was backed, at least somewhat, by a company rather than some guy with a hammer that would break kneecaps of debtors if they didn't pay that would be pretty popular, hence the current cost.
Current C

Activity: 17

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 10:26:20 PM

Consider this scenario.

Ok, I think you are right but, it isnt the same the last week? you can trade and blablabla but the price was better than this week.

The price isn't as relevant as you would think if you're trading. Volume and price fluctuations matter. If you haven't noticed theres a significant premium being paid on hardware at the moment as well. There is what is being asked, and there is getting it setup functioning and mining in your location on whatever pool you choose. CEX makes this very simple, but like most companies looking to make a profit, they don't do it for free.

I thought I was paying a significant premium for my asicminer blades. Only to find out they're already selling for twice and more than what I paid for them. 
cowandtea

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:19:18 AM

cex.io investors is same as those that buy expensive miners in the market now... they don't understand difficulty...

DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:01:15 AM

Consider this scenario.

The price isn't as relevant as you would think if you're trading. Volume and price fluctuations matter. If you haven't noticed theres a significant premium being paid on hardware at the moment as well. There is what is being asked, and there is getting it setup functioning and mining in your location on whatever pool you choose. CEX makes this very simple, but like most companies looking to make a profit, they don't do it for free.

I thought I was paying a significant premium for my asicminer blades. Only to find out they're already selling for twice and more than what I paid for them. 

They're only selling for more in fiat.  I guarantee they're worth less BTC now.  Would have been better to buy BTC
lerelerele (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:15:19 AM

Consider this scenario.

They're only selling for more in fiat.  I guarantee they're worth less BTC now.  Would have been better to buy BTC

I bought today 4 hours ago because in fiat is close to what I think is its price
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 07:48:54 PM

I've profited using Cex.io the past month or so. I bought 2 GH/s for around 0.078 originally and sold at .085 a week later after collecting mining payments. I've currently got about .12 GH going, but with my referrals I almost have a free GH running at no cost.

I really like the site it's easy, fast and the merged mining with Devcoins, Namecoins, etc. is a nice bonus.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

aceking

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:37:33 PM

most of them are clueless , they just want to enter the mining game.
kwilliams

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:37:33 AM

cex.io is the fastest & safest way for newbie to enter bitcoin mining. You get launched right away, get to see how a mining pool operates and can exit at any time. Plus the convenience of buying fractional GH/s amounts with guaranteed 100% uptime. That should be enough to understand the economics of mining and give you an idea how much you’d be making if purchasing a “real” miner.

Note to NSA: please note in my personal file that the above comment, as well as any and all communications dating back to AOL/1993, are wholly fictitious, and are to be regarded as such. The later statement is to remain in effect until reversed by me personally in a waterboard-free questioning.
CounterStrike

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:33:20 AM

cex.io is the fastest & safest way for newbie to enter bitcoin mining. You get launched right away, get to see how a mining pool operates and can exit at any time. Plus the convenience of buying fractional GH/s amounts with guaranteed 100% uptime. That should be enough to understand the economics of mining and give you an idea how much you’d be making if purchasing a “real” miner.

agree, pay more for the convenience Smiley
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3241

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:10:31 PM

That sounds nice, but I think most people that buy cex.io expect to make money. At least in the end they learn something -- the hard way.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
irishjoe

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:23:34 AM

Ask a stupid question but what's the best alternative to cex.io?

I'm selling my mining hardware and buying Gh at cex as the value of my hardware has gone up, Australian electricity costs are stupidly high and my internet is unreliable at best.  (Internet goes down and my miners are doing jack.)

</end stupid question>
irishjoe

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:48:15 AM

Is mining alternative coins in the same boat as mining bitcoin?  Was reading about how one guy moved from bitcoin to Litecoin and ended up mining about 30% more...
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 03:35:28 PM

Ask a stupid question but what's the best alternative to cex.io?

I'm selling my mining hardware and buying Gh at cex as the value of my hardware has gone up, Australian electricity costs are stupidly high and my internet is unreliable at best.  (Internet goes down and my miners are doing jack.)

</end stupid question>

Some people seem to think that they have to mine, even if it is at a loss. The obvious alternative to cex.io is to do nothing.

or to buy bitcoins
NorbyTheGeek

Activity: 201
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:05:21 PM

Or think about it this way: It is a medium to high risk investment that pays 23% interest monthly. (at 0.07/GH and today's difficulty). Slightly better if you reinvest (compound) that interest by buying additional GHS on a regular basis with your interest. Obviously the "interest" will continue declining as difficulty increases which is why over a long period of time the average returns are going to be worse because the cost/GHS will continue to decrease in line with the "interest".

Don't think of it as buying mining power but rather from the investment/returns perspective and it makes a lot more sense.

I've seen posts where people say the GHS price should be 0.03. If someone was offering you an investment that made better than 10%/week and was backed, at least somewhat, by a company rather than some guy with a hammer that would break kneecaps of debtors if they didn't pay that would be pretty popular, hence the current cost.

This is how I think of it.  Instead of coins sitting in a wallet, coins at CEX are generating a slight income.  And if you want to trade periodically, you can make some profits that way too.

Cryptsy:  All new look - USD Trading coming soon!
Learn why Bitcoin is NOT a bubble... | Are you an "expert" bitcoin trader?
BTC: 1NorbyPiNPEFBXJ7GVKsMCkfAW4p8j5cTs | 42: 4KjFuqfESkdXWDHMK8rnaxc84NqMpxu9t8
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: