Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 12:28:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: If anyone could hook me up with 10 bitcoins ill give you 7.61 for each coin...Looking for asap
1 - 2 (40%)
2 - 3 (60%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some bitcoins fast  (Read 889 times)
as27605 (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 12:15:05 AM

If anyone could hook me up with 10 bitcoins ill give you 7.61 for each coin...Looking for asap

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
silverchair

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 12:36:28 AM

You serious???

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 12:49:48 AM

You should probably specify your non-reversable payment method and that you would send first if you want anyone to take you serious.
as27605 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 01:56:10 AM

sorry new to forums completely lol but i just need some bitcoin's and dont know how to get some.
NothinG

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:12:56 AM

sorry new to forums completely lol but i just need some bitcoin's and dont know how to get some.
Send via PayPal, wait 180 days and I'll send the coins.

silverchair

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 02:54:27 AM

180 days??? thats fast, LOL  Shocked

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
as27605 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 03:57:30 PM

im not stupid lol  Grin
Satama

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 04:08:19 PM

I may be bit stupid, and like other stupid people I hope that bitcoin is or will be also stupid-friendly and not just for the smart. Smart people often behave like smart-asses.
as27605 (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 06:34:09 PM

Idk i just want to get started and don't know how to get bit coins
rgm

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 07:18:11 PM

as27605, you get bitcoins by selling something that somebody wants (like USD) in exchange for them, in a market.  There are several ways this can happen, but most (if not all) of them require you to establish some form of identity.  This identity might have nothing to do with your Real Name or forum name -- it typically corresponds to a GPG keypair when trading on IRC.

Alternately, your identity can be a user account on a trading website such as TradeHill.com.  If you want to easily buy and sell BTC, you'll need an online way to send USD.  Currently "Dwolla" is popular for this.  Paypal is frowned upon, since transactions are reversible.

One popular "over the counter" market is available to you via the #bitcoin-otc IRC channel on freenode.  See this webite for more about that method:

http://bitcoin-otc.com/

Note that you'll have to be comfortable using IRC.  It helps tremendously if you're familiar with GPG too.  Remember that your IRC nickname is different from your GPG identity -- you link them them you authenticate with "gribble" -- the bitcoin-otc bot.  You should ensure that everyone you deal with OTC is authenticated with gribble and has a good trust rating.
leeloulee

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 07:25:11 PM

"Wow thats a good price"

SGT longdong
trentzb

Activity: 406
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 07:31:32 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 08:08:11 PM by trentzb

New members wanting to enter the Bitcoin economy need to understand that some of the best candidates for buying small amounts of BTC are early adopters who know precisely how to not get scammed and who want to see the economy grow.

Many early adopters are willing and happy to sell small amounts of BTC to new members but you have to make it worth our while to do so. Yes we want new members entering the economy but we are not interested in exposing ourselves to risk of a scam nor are we interested in selling BTC at or less than the current market rate...make it worth our while to trade with you.

Here are some suggestions:

1) Offer to purchase BTC (list the amount of BTC you want) using a non-reversible payment method such as cash in person, Western Union or another method which insures you cannot reverse funds after trade has been executed. Most early adopters will not even use the name PayPal/Dwolla in the same sentence as Bitcoin. It MUST be non-reversible.

2) Offer to send your funds first! You are the newcomer with no trust or reputation here. Early adopters have been around a while and are often very trustworthy individuals. Early adopters and trustworthy folks can be found here on the forums by looking at their registration date and number of posts and activity. Greater than 500 posts and a registration date of 6-10 months ago or more is a typical indicator of someone who is going to stick around for quite some time.

3) Offer a rate a little bit higher than the current market rate (maybe $1 or $2 USD/other more). Sure some early adopter or trustworthy trader may sell at current market rate but if you want to generate some interest in a successful trade provide some incentive for someone to trade with you. Early adopters/traders are not interested in ripping new members off, but we need to see that it would be worth our efforts to deal with a new member.

4) And the most important, trade with honor and integrity. If you want to become a trusted member of the community do your part. Whatever trade/transaction you commit to, follow through with it no matter what.

I do not consider myself an early adopter however I have traded on occasion with a new member but only when I know without doubt that the trade will execute successfully, can't be reversed and it is worth my time and effort to execute such a trade.

I am aware of some upcoming projects which will help address some of the above dilemmas for new members. I don't know the launch dates or what the formal names will be, I just know they are under development.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: