Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:25:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2013-12-04] UK Hedge Fund Manager says Bitcoin could hit $1 Million  (Read 1531 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 10:28:10 PM

UK Hedge Fund Manager says Bitcoin could hit $1 Million

U.K.-based hedge fund manager Hugh Hendry, the founder of Eclectica Asset Management, made some interesting comments about how he thinks Bitcoin could go to $1 million, Investment Week's Dan Jones reports.

http://www.businessinsider.com/hugh-hendry-bitcoin-could-hit-1-million-2013-12#ixzz2mWwXWByB

http://www.investmentweek.co.uk/investment-week/news/2310184/hendry-i-would-buy-bitcoin-if-i-could

here is a little "good-night" story from LiteCoinGuy for you  Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ArticMine
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050

Monero Core Team

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:31:26 AM

... The power of those trends is such that Hendry said he would own Bitcoin if it was accessible on a regular exchange. ...

This is why if the Winklevosses ever get their ETF approved Bitcoin will really take off due to competition among hedge funds for a slice of the rate of return on Bitcoin.

Concerned that blockchain bloat will lead to centralization? Storing less than 4 GB of data once required the budget of a superpower and a warehouse full of punched cards. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/87/IBM_card_storage.NARA.jpg https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punched_card
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:42:22 AM

... The power of those trends is such that Hendry said he would own Bitcoin if it was accessible on a regular exchange. ...

This is why if the Winklevosses ever get their ETF approved Bitcoin will really take off due to competition among hedge funds for a slice of the rate of return on Bitcoin.

How many months away are we from that?  6, 10?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:07:15 AM

Bullish. Hugh Hendry is a smart guy who has made some good calls based on thorough analysis. If he says it could go to a million, it could.  And he is not the first to arrive at such numbers either ....

StarfishPrime

Activity: 358
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:52:29 PM

Yes it was - unfortunately we had to wake up to the "red dawn"...   Smiley

¦                     
  ¦    ¦¦¦               
¦¦  ¦¦¦¦                 
                             ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦
                          ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦                     
                         ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                  ¦¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦
                   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦

¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦    ¦¦¦¦
                    ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦
                   ¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦
                ¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦ ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦       ¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
        ¦¦¦¦         ¦        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦¦          ¦      ¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦         ¦¦         ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦       ¦          ¦ ¦¦   ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦¦     ¦¦          ¦   ¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦     ¦          ¦      ¦   ¦¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦    ¦        ¦¦         ¦¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦¦     ¦¦         ¦   ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
¦¦¦   ¦     ¦¦         ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦   ¦¦    ¦        ¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
 ¦¦    ¦   ¦        ¦¦    ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
  ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦       ¦     ¦  ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦    ¦  ¦      ¦      ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
    ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦     ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
     ¦¦¦   ¦ ¦¦     ¦¦    ¦ ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
       ¦¦¦¦  ¦ ¦¦    ¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦  ¦¦  ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
             ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦
                        ¦¦

TorCoin.....
¦
¦
¦
¦
  Fully Anonymous TOR-integrated Crypto
               ¦ Windows     ¦ Linux     ¦ GitHub     ¦ macOS
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
   ANN THREAD
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
     ¦
[/center]
DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:31:46 PM

A Hedge Fund manager thinking positively of bitcoins,that's good for a change as many if not most of the others say things like "I don't know about it" or "it's not backed by a country/bank so it's not worth it".
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:28:25 PM

ZeroHedge covered this as well, and I find it interesting that they LOVED Hugh Hendry when he was bashing the ECB and the Euro project, but he lets slip one word about liking Bitcoin, and now the gloves are off over at ZH. They're disowning the guy because he likes Bitcoin, and it disgusts me.

The "Tylers" over there are just a bunch of financial shills, and they all probably work day jobs for major investment banks. It shows.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:46:36 PM

ZeroHedge covered this as well, and I find it interesting that they LOVED Hugh Hendry when he was bashing the ECB and the Euro project, but he lets slip one word about liking Bitcoin, and now the gloves are off over at ZH. They're disowning the guy because he likes Bitcoin, and it disgusts me.

The "Tylers" over there are just a bunch of financial shills, and they all probably work day jobs for major investment banks. It shows.

Exactly. Bitcoin has the unique property that it quickly the separates the wheat from the chaff in all dealings financial ... the honest and dishonest are made immediately plain.

Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3071

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 11:16:45 PM

Exactly. Bitcoin has the unique property that it quickly the separates the wheat from the chaff in all dealings financial ... the honest and dishonest are made immediately plain.

I don't know quite how far I trust either of them, although I perhaps sometimes overdo my healthy skepticism.

To me, the Hugh Hendry story is summed up as "FORMERLY UNREMITTING BEAR DECIDES TO GET UP AND DANCE". These hedge fund guys are so rich that the idea of doing a little bit of media-based theatre/ market shilling to suit the preferred overall narrative is hardly unlikely. Will this lead a few dedicated bears into a bull trap? Psychological management of the broad economic/financial narrative via the media seems pretty widespread, and in it's way just as important as the same job that's done with the rest of the news. And Hugh does get about in the media, he's a bit of a "personality", which makes me a little hesitant at taking everything he does at face value.

ZeroHedge are basically "ear-to-the-ground, word-on-the-street bears.com". Their tagline says it all, really. If it's bearish and gold-buggy, ZeroHedge have it covered.

Vires in numeris
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 12:27:42 AM

Yes it was - unfortunately we had to wake up to the "red dawn"...   Smiley

sorry for that, not my fault Smiley

Pages: [1]